• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone or Suboxone and Mental Health Court

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blirna

Greenlighter
I'm about to start Mental Health Court on the 24th or 27th of next month(I forgot), and they had me sign an agreement, saying I would stay off drugs and away from people or places associated with them. But I'm an addict of +/-10 years, and though I'll have abstained for about a month when I do go to the MHC and take a urine test, I do still have some withdrawal symptoms and hardcore cravings. I asked my lawyer if getting put on Suboxone or Methadone would be an option while I'm abstaining, and they said to just wait until I go to court and ask them there. Here is my question:
If I signed that paper and comply, I will be clean for ~a month when I go to court, so will they allow me to get on Suboxone or Methadone, even though I won't have done anything for a while? Like will they deem replacement therapy unnecessary since I got this far without it? And if they DO allow me, will the Suboxone or Methadone doctor say that I don't need it if I pee clean?

Last edited:
Hey,

I too am in mental health court.

In my experience, mental health court is very laid back, and they have you in their best interest. That said, being clean for a month is a great feet, and my thinking is that they'l want you to keep it up, thinking it's in your best interest to stay clean of everything. You definitely could say that you still crave the drug even though it's out of your system, and you're afraid you're going to relapse. Say how difficult it was to get clean. The are more willing to listen to you than the other courts.

All the best.

We can't give legal advice - But I'm gonna bend the rules a bit

Methadine clinics require a urine test, yet are bound by confidentiality; Catch my drift l?

It could go either way witg the courts opinion, they should not won't you doing drugs, though they can't stop "ESTABLISHED medical treatment;

It's your freedom tho

Hence why I need to close this - Be careful, tread lightly;) and good Luck �� ���� -Lorne /Closed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.