• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone for recreational use

xtrip

Greenlighter
I'm new on opioids, started with them like 1 month ago, only used tramadol 150-200mg(for 4 times), and now i just got a recipe to buy methadone. i would like to know if its good for
recreational use. If not which opioids should try, i live in brazil and there's only oxycodone, methadone, morphine(oral), codein and tramadol.

Hy @xtrip! Whatever you decide to do please proceed with caution. I will not try to lecture you as many of us have been there, but please reconsider your decision to start opioids. I know it seems it will be just once a month or now and then but opioids are the drug that have a tendency to get a grip of you without you even realize. Take a look at the experiences of people here and reconsider.

If you are going to use methadone then you should know that it is a very potent opioid (just as oxycodone and morphine are) and maybe the most dangerous one for an opioid-naive user from all you have listed. For the first time take 5mg. Do not redose that day. You practically have no tolerance and it would be great to keep tolerance low for as long as you can (indefinitely would be best). Then lay off methadone for a week. If 5mg wasn't doing enough for you try 10mg another time.

Methadone takes a while to kick in, but when it does it lasts for a very long time. Don't take it multiple days in a row because it accumulates in your body and taking it for 3-4 days in a row can lead to overdose even if the dose on day one seemed fine. Also, don't take other CNS depressants like benzodiazepines, antihistamines, or alcohol with methadone. Mixing methadone with other CNS depressants is the fastest way to die.

Methadone is a very potent, long-lasting and tricky opioid to maneuver, especially if you are opioid naive (you are practically opioid naive). You may wreck your tolerance right from the start if you are not careful. Please take a week in between dosing methadone. If you start dosing it 3 times a week you will get dependent in no time. Oxycodone is a strong opioid but it is comparatively safer than methadone and for people who don't have much experience with opioids (even for many that do) oxycodone is much more rewarding. Which can be a double edged sword I guess.

There is no right answer here. Keep dose of methadone at 10mg max, take at least weekly breaks and don't combine with other CNS depressants. Wellcome to Bluelight and please keep us informed. Take care!

Methadone is excellent for long term chronic pain.

for short term euphoria, nothing beats Oxycodone, next up perhaps Hydromorphone or Diamorphine

An opiate naive person using Methadone for a high is a sure fire way to fall asleep and never wake up again

Far too dangerous my friend

Last edited:
I always liked methadone above drugs like hydrocodone and oxycodone when I was opioid newbie. I like the long duration... felt good at the right dose.
Good advise above me on methadone. Just want to add.... you might think methadone isn't working in an hour and be thinking redose. Don't. As stated above dose once that day to be safe. It doesn't peak for hours.

Without a tolerance methadone is very euphoric and as a matter of fact it's one of my top 5 favorite opioids, maybe even top 3 or top 4! It can be felt as soon as 15min afterwards and continues to climb in intensity of effects until 90min - 120min until it peaks, lasting for a good 8hrs - 10hrs with lingering effects until you go to bed! This of course only lasts until tolerance builds, the honey moon period! I also find the climb from when you eat it to when it kicks in quite enjoyable, esp with some weed/hash and benzos!

One thing to note is that methadone when taken for consecutive days it will be stronger, even if taken in the same dose than it was on the first administration. That's to say that any doses following the first will be 2x as potent, especially if taken one day after the other. This is due to methadone's long half life and accumulation in the body! In a nutshell, if you take 5mg methadone today it will feel about as strong (a bit stronger) than 5mg oxycodone, however if you take 5mg methadone the following day it will be equivalent to about 10mg oxycodone. This happens only with once a day dosing! That's to say, if you take 5mg today and take another 5mg several hours later, you will not get the same intensity of effects as you would by dosing the same dose (5mg) the following day! Methadone doesn't work well at all for recreation with repeat doing, btw!

People say methadone is on par with oxycodone mg per mg or 2x as strong as oxycodone when taken for more than one day at a time.
In my experience, and from what I remember reading is that methadone is 3x as strong as heroin and from my experience with both it is pretty spot on! I say this because 40mg methadone blows 80mg oxycodone out of the water in terms of intensity, perhaps not as euphoric but depends on what you consider euphoric. It's a lot more sedating than oxycodone and that gives quite a bit of body euphoria while oxy is more in the head (imo).

The highest dose of methadone I've ever taken was 615mg (in one big sip) for recreation with benzos (when my dose was 205mg/day & had tolerance to both).

p.s. Methadone in doses above 120mg is especially cardiotoxic!

Methadone might be my favorite recreational opioid, it is strong, euphoric, and lasts for fucking ever. That said, it is very dangerous because it's super potent and has strong breathing supression qualities. Without tolerance, overdosing is very easy. Plus it takes a good 3 hours to reach full effect, which can lead to people dosing more because they don't think it's working as much as they think it is.

If you do decide to do it, start low (10mg since you have no opioid tolerance or much experience). Wait a solid 3 or 4 hours before you try to dose more and work up slowly. You can always try again next time, but if you take too much you could fall asleep and never wake up.

Also, please reconsider getting into recreational opioids. No one intends to become an opiate addict but it has happened to so many of us. I would give anything to go back and not ever try my first strong opiate, because I was in love and after that it was a long, slow spiral into various periods of life-altering addiction. Getting into opiates is the worst decision I've ever made. I have also lost dozens of friends (on here and in "real life") to overdoses or suicide as a result of opiate addiction over the years. So much destruction.

Opiates have their place, for pain conditions. But they're so incredibly dangerous to use recreationally. I know you probably won't listen, I sure didn't. But please read this before you decide. It's an account of my experience with opiates (also keep in mind, when I wrote it, I actually had quit opiates... I stayed off for 5 years and then relapsed once and am still struggling years later. I thought I could forget opiates and leave my addiction in the past, but I was wrong).

Xorkoth.... your experience is very much like mine... which sucks. Very solid advice.

I wish there was some way to get through to people just how bad of an idea getting started on opioids is.

I highly enjoyed it the two times I did it. Can be very powerful, glad I didn't OD but nodded so hard (from 15mg) I passed out and someone found me mid text sleeping in a computer chair.

Id love some methadone. I wonder if one might have luck going to a methadone clinic and asking ppl outside.

On my factory bottle of Methadone tablets it states.....

METADOL 25MG - PALADIN LABS INC

Opioid Analgesic - Methadone Hydrochloride USP

Dosage: Adults- 2.5 to 10mg orally every 4 hours during the first 3 to 5 days, followed by a fixed dose every 8 to 12 hours depending on patients requirements.

^That's probably what you would call a palliative dose for a non tolerant individual