• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

methadone, buprenorphine and other opioid pharmacotherapies

I used to say the same thing about codeine, if someone switches from codeine to bupe its a much safer option IMO as Ive realized. Im also using a lot of smack but would love to get off codeine so I dont slowly kill myself and for various other reasons. I have never used methadone but from what I heard its extremely addictive, nothing like bupe though.

i got to sample some methadone a few weeks back and i must say its nothing speical at all.at first i tried 30ml (i think) and felt nice but NOTHING to what i expected.i expected to be struggling to keep my head n eyes open.insted i just felt nice warm at ease ect.i bumped up my doses but never reached where i wanna be :\ and fuck does it raise your tolly fast!

Opiod maintenance is a last resort kind of thing in my opinion. It can be helpful to some, but in the same way, can be hurtful to others, especially if they don't have a large tolerance/problem to begin with. It probably saved my life, but I fucking hate being on methadone, reducing hurts like a bitch and from what I understand, jumping off even a low dose is a long, drawn out and painful experience anyway, regardless of how low you manage to maintain on.

It definitely has a place, but in my opinion, sometimes it's seen as a simple solution when it's no real solution at all. I must add also, there are exceptions to every rule.

I was starting to think that maybe a maintenacevprogram was the only way I was going to kick my hydromorph habit but I'm feeling really unsure about going down that path after reading on bluelight how much people struggle on it. Makes me think I might just be better off sticking with my D.O.C (even with the shame I feel about hiding my usage & injecting...).

I won't be contacting ATODS if it stays on file permanently though. I guess maybe I should try and fund another private gp to discuss it with. I don't want to be addicted to this stuff. It only helps me to feel 'normal', I'm not even getting high anymore :( I wish I'd never headed down this crazy path. I'll never be the same again. Thanks for your advice.

i got to sample some methadone a few weeks back and i must say its nothing speical at all.at first i tried 30ml (i think) and felt nice but NOTHING to what i expected.i expected to be struggling to keep my head n eyes open.insted i just felt nice warm at ease ect.i bumped up my doses but never reached where i wanna be :\ and fuck does it raise your tolly fast!

Dont forget man that methadone is used for maintenance. It has accepted use because its less abusable than your harder opiates. From what I heard it has little to no euphoria so its less abusable. If it did have the same qualities then itd defeat the purpose. They may as well just put u on an unlimited supply of oxycodone. Its meant to keep you from withdrawing which is the most important part and has an extremely long duration and half life too. Most people who are on a maintenance program genuinely want to quit so they have no concern whether there is euphoria from it or not as long as they dont feel sick. Methadone would be the last drug id abuse personally.

Dont forget man that methadone is used for maintenance. It has accepted use because its less abusable than your harder opiates. From what I heard it has little to no euphoria so its less abusable. If it did have the same qualities then itd defeat the purpose. They may as well just put u on an unlimited supply of oxycodone. Its meant to keep you from withdrawing which is the most important part and has an extremely long duration and half life too. Most people who are on a maintenance program genuinely want to quit so they have no concern whether there is euphoria from it or not as long as they dont feel sick. Methadone would be the last drug id abuse personally.

i was told by friends who have had crazy big doses and IV'ed the solution that it was out of this world good like on the same level as smack.oh how things can be exaggerated.i find bupe much more enjoyable.and to bring up what i was saying at the start of this thread about being throwin into PWD's from using opiates a day after bupe i think it was just my benzo WD's kicking in and me not realizing and blaming it on the opiates :)

Last edited:
\
I was starting to think that maybe a maintenacevprogram was the only way I was going to kick my hydromorph habit but I'm feeling really unsure about going down that path after reading on bluelight how much people struggle on it. Makes me think I might just be better off sticking with my D.O.C (even with the shame I feel about hiding my usage & injecting...).

I won't be contacting ATODS if it stays on file permanently though. I guess maybe I should try and fund another private gp to discuss it with. I don't want to be addicted to this stuff. It only helps me to feel 'normal', I'm not even getting high anymore :( I wish I'd never headed down this crazy path. I'll never be the same again. Thanks for your advice.

why not try taper down with the HM, then? make your own maintenance plan with your doctor over a set time with set goals of when you want to drop down dosage.

i've struggled with addiction on top chronic pain for issues now and have never had the chance to get on a local program - waiting lists and lack of doctors - so i can't give you any info personal accounts dealing with then, rather working with my doctor and setting a plan. it's the same situation, right?

you don't need to go into all off the specifics, just that you'd like to drop dose/quit. just looking at the meds you've gone through you must have some legitimate pain issues - as i've been through all those meds as well. i generally go between oxycontin and mscontin.

Thanks for your reply tentram.

It's good to hear from someone else with chronic pain issues. It complicates everything because my gp wants me on the drug & if I stop all together, the pain is unbearable.

I have managed to taper the HM down from 80mg to 24mg but now I'm stuck. The real issue for me is that I found a way to inject it. It gives much better pain relief & makes me feel 'normal' again. Now I can't function without injecting at least once a day.

Although I have used a few drugs in the past, I've never injected any other's & I never thought I would. I haven't told anyone about it because I am ashamed. I need to quit my iv habit but I dont know how. If I tell my gp, he might cut my meds or change them but I can't function without injecting HM daily.

I managed to go for 3 weeks without injecting (& slightly increased my oral dose), before Christmas but I was a zombie the whole time & struggled to do the simplest things. I feel like I'm stuck between a rock & a hard place.

I have been through most of the pain meds while I have been waiting to have an op. Oxy doesn't do much for me anymore. At one point I was on 120mg SR + 20-40mg IR daily but when that stopped working, I was changed to fent patches. I'm not a very big person so docs generally are surprised by some of the dosages I've needed. Especially when I'm in hospital. They always undermedicate me, so I'm getting really nervous about the upcoming op.

MScontin is rarely prescribed in my area so I have no experience with that. Basically I decided I need to get off this crazy ride & now I've found I'm addicted & trapped. I'm even too ashamed to tell my psych. It's comforting to know I am not the only one struggling with these demons...

Methadone?

Hi peeps,

I'm currently taking morphine SR capsules and Endone for chronic knee and back pain.

My Dr has suggested that very soon I'll be put on a methadone program as my doses of the morphine SR are getting higher with little to no effect even with the Endone.

Am I in for a nice ride or will it be not as nice as the initial warmth I get from my Endone? ( the morph SR has no euphoric effect that's why I posted about that earlier too )

Any info would be great.

Thanks.

Not comparable. I'd advise you to resist going on methadone as much as possible, maybe try other opiods for pain, methadone isn't great for pain or euphoria, plus I find that unless you're dosing twice a day, you're going to have a lot of ups and downs with your pain.

I don't suppose anyone was following my struggle but I had my op and i was right, they majorly underestimated my tolerance. I was in so much pain while in hospital, I did everything I could to get home quicker so I could self medicate. I'M slowly tapering the jurnista and using oxy for breakthrough while I recover from the surgery & nerve damage. I still haven't told anyone about my IVing, so it's still a big problem. I'M now on 20mg HM daily & I IV 16mg of it. I don't know how I'm going to stop all together without telling my gp I IV? So still stuck in this crazy situation. I IVed a 20mg/2ml ampule of morphine the other day and didn't feel a thing. I never thought I would IV anything. And my tolerance is screwed. I'm so ashamed :(

^ Surely they would have seen the needle marks when you were in surgery/hospital? It's the first thing nurses notice when I get a blood test, and you can see them changing their opinion of you and start treating you like a sub-human after that.

Hydromorphone is a lot stronger than morphine, plus you're IV'ing it which vastly increases the bioavailability - and tolerance. I wonder how you're managing on 1 shot a day though, as it's half-life is approx 3 hours if I'm right.

My pharmacist fucked up today, when she gave me my dose for today I thought she'd given me too much - 10mg instead of 6mg. I was right too, because she gave me the incorrect dosage of takeaways too - it looks like she's made the mistake of thinking the 8mg tablets are 4mg ones, so I've got too much. I'm glad I checked in time to spit out most of the 10mg I had in my mouth, and only take 4mg. Not too happy about it really, I'm surprised she'd be so careless.

Thanks for the well wishes too junkie :)

This nearly happened to me the other day, at a clinic though not a pharmacy. The lady dosing who is also my case manager nearly gave me 24mg(3x8mg film) instead of 6mg(3x2mg film), she was halfway through unpeeling the second dose for me when I said "Aren't they green?(as opposed to the blue 8mg ones she was unwrapping)", she was quite embarrassed :p ..... First time that's happened in 4-5yrs of methadone/bupe maintenaince. I wouldn't have been so quick to say something if they doubled my methadone dosage when I was on the stuff as that would have given me a nice glow but less is more with bupe, I never wanted to be above 8mg even though I was pretty much forced onto 12mg after my hospitalisation. After 3 days of pretty much no sleep due to the stimulation I get from higher doses of bupe they eventually let me go back down to 8mg.

Don't think they did notice because I use 30g needles in the back of my hands and the drip line went in the side if my writer both times. It they did notice, they didn't say anything. I understand by I didn't feel the morphine now, but it was a bit of a let down at the time. The HM I am prescribed is Jurnista which is a 24hr formulation. I worked out how to access all the HM at once though & make it into an IVable solution. But even then, the 16mg a day that I IV, is actually broken down into 2-4 doses (depending on how I'm feeling pain-wise, what I have to do that day & how many chances i get to be alone to IV).. So I IV 4-8mg between 2 & 4 times a day. I often break out in sweats if it gets too long between doses though :( it's not idea. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone...

I used a dosage converter the other day & discovered that IVing 20mg of hydromorph was equivalent to approx 280mg of oral oxy. I knew it was a bit, but not THAT much. My GP thought I was taking 20mg oral of HM daily so when we talked about tapering down the next step (I was struggling too much tapering further on the HM, so we decided to try switching back to Oxy), he scripted me 10mg OxyC bi-daily & 10mg OxyN as many as needed until we worked out a reasonable daily OxyC dose. Of course, because I'd actually been IVing my HM, the oxy was way too low & I went into bad WD within 12hrs.

So I had no choice but to come clean to my GP. I was so ashamed, I couldn't even say it out loud, so I had to write it down. I half expected him to tell me to find a new gp 'cause I'd abused his trust. He seemed pissed at me but he basically said "we need to work out where to go from here". He upped my OxyC dose to 40mg bi-daily plus up to 60mg of OxyN daily until we settle on an appropriate OxyC dose, and then i will taper down from there.

He also did a thorough physical and it sounds like I might have a heart murmur so i need to go and get an echo done. Shit I hope I havent done any permanent damage.

So the last two days I have been off the HM all together. And just on about 150mg daily of oxy and I'm still having bad wd. I've been sweating, shaking, angry, anxious and yesterday i was vomiting. I'm a mess. Everyone on here warns everyone else "dont start IVing, its a dangerous path". And i didnt listen.
I'm such an idiot. I'm really lucky I have a great gp or this would be even worse.

So I'm telling my story as a warning to anyone else. They probably won't listen as i didnt, but please, guys, leave the needles alone. I won't go down the methadone path but even what i am doing is bloody hard.

I've never been so sick before. I ache and I feel nauseas constantly and I feel suicidal. On top of that, I may have done permanent damage to my heart (as well as my veins, I'm sure!).

DO NOT START IVing!!!

hello people

i found out my friend has started to IV his bupe film without any micron filtering.is he at any risk? like has there been any confirmed deaths or sickness caused by injecting bupe film using only a cotton filter?after filtering the solution is a tad hard to see through other than that its ok

Injecting anything without a filter is bad for you, and it's certainly not worth doing with bupe when the difference in effect is more or less nonexistent.

the dif in effect is HUGE he needs less than half his normal dose IV'ed and is fuuuuucked up and he is using a cotton filter just no micron filter

It's probably not great without proper filtering; that said - if he were to report any abscesses to a doc, he'd probably be fine. FWIW: I know a lot of people in jail inject bupe with blunt syringes. The reason most people don't inject it is because it's normally suboxone(sp?) and it doesn't work if you inject it..

That said, it's never a great idea to inject any pills/pharms simply because of all the filler stuff, but then again, if you consider the average quality of street heroin, most people are injecting all sorts of crap that isn't heroin.

^despite all the rumours and bullshit that has been spread by users and the govt. over the years suboxone can be injected just fine, dandy and extremely easily despite the fact of the content of nalaxone in the pills - so please stop spreading that they can't be. as subjective evidence look through OD and i, myself and other people i knnow, have injected it numerous times. suboxone can be injected as well,