• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone & alcohol

SummerTaylour

Bluelighter
How bad is it to drink with methadone? The main concern is going into respiratory distress, right?

What about just one or two glasses of wine?

Well....you probably shouldn't drink at all if you are on methadone but if you promise to stop with just one glass of wine I think you will be okay.

I wouldn't go with 2 though because the more wine you have the lower your inhibitions so you might be tempted to have a 3rd glass which would be a real no no.

If you’re stable on a dose for years you can drink no problem

Obviously combining CNS depressants (dose dumping) can be dangerous but you should be aware of you limits

I’m on Methadone 80mg for ten plus years….I drink Tanqueray Jin 3.oz in Canada Dry ginger ale, 3 glasses…..no problems

Methadone 80mg
Ritalin 30mg (plus few leeno’s of Yayo while drinking Jin cocktail)
Klonopin 1-2mg
Pregabalin 300-400mg
Cannabis Indica 10mg
Ethanol/ Jin 3.oz cocktail

This is my oral Brompton Cocktail 🍸 ….nearly daily after home from work. Totally safe for ME. Fully stable on long term doses of all these substances. Doses were lower initially, and safely increased as tolerance build.

Also taken at 4pm roughly so many hours until bed….Ketamine & Cocaine 50/50 I blast thin lines while enjoying Jin cocktail and having a fresh Belmont cigarette

Point being….this combo would be severely dangerous for many….but to a tolerant, stable dose, personally calculated combinations while keeping safety in mind

Enjoy :)

How bad is it to drink with methadone? The main concern is going into respiratory distress, right?

What about just one or two glasses of wine?
So I’ve never been on methadone. I was on suboxone, and do understand (that many people report) they are qualitatively different, I HAVE done every opiate in the book, landed with an IV heroin 10 year run.

Point is when I’ve drank alcohol on any opiate, the best outcome might be a slight euphoria. However in the VAST majority of my experiences, like 90% of the time, it has made me nauseous and at worst vomiting for hours on end.

For what it’s worth I’ve never been a big drinker at all. I prefer weed. And I prefer either weed and alcohol, or weed and opiates.

Again- just my personal experience and opinion. Hope this helps a little. Safe travels my friend.

I drank when I was on methadone and never had any problems UNTIL I got arrested for DUI and spent 4 weeks in jail with no medical relief whatsoever--- not even aspirin.

Pure HELL.

Be careful!

If you are tolerant to methadone and you are highly sensitive to alcohol a glass or two of wine (5-6 ounces of wine, not a giant glass) shouldn't be a problem.

Wouldn't drink more than that, especially if you are female since alcohol has more profound effects (and side-effects) in women.

If you are tolerant to methadone and you are highly sensitive to alcohol a glass or two of wine (5-6 ounces of wine, not a giant glass) shouldn't be a problem.

Wouldn't drink more than that, especially if you are female since alcohol has more profound effects (and side-effects) in women.
On subutex, I used to drink copious amounts. Like I would throw down an entire bottle of 80 proof vodka. Idk how I didn’t die.