• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Meth

Willtx74

Greenlighter
Has anyone ever slammed and when pulled out you some how have a huge abscess. What to do?

Do you mean immediately you pull out? An abscess takes a bit of time to develop. However there are other complications that maybe appear similar. Bursting a vein for example. Or simply the corrosiveness of meth causing your vein to swell and harden so it feels like a solid lump.

If you missed a shot you’d know from the intense stinging but if meth gets onto the skin layers it can burn a noticeable hole around the injection point.

I think you missed the vein or punctured through it. Try to shoot much slower next time. Cold compress (not too cold!) will help and when the bump has gotten smaller then warm it up with warm cloth but not too hot.

Total missed shot. Next time if you see that stop the shot right away. Meth is terrible caustic drug to miss a shot on. If the bump gets worse go to the hospital.

when you inject, you should never have anything like that forming and you should not be able to feel anything as you inject the shot into your vein. Anything less then that scenario you HAVE to start over or you risk major infection at worst and wasted drugs too.

I've recently been injecting into my hands. I kno its risky. I had a problem today. It didnt sting at all but something happened. The lower part of my hand kinda towards wrist is swollen an most of back of hand is red. I dont believe I blew a vein either.. done that b4. Ive had misses b4 thank god no abcesses. I just want to be sure about hot cold compresses. I did the shot around 1:45pm an its now 3:25 pm. I did massage it with hot water for about 4 to 5 mins immediately after. I've definitely had worse lumps. I used to use my forearm vein bac wen I shot pills n heroin an never had any kind of trouble. I tried the same veins within the last 6 months several times but can never even register on them. They are still nice, plump an very palapable so dont understand. So I went with the hands. I do pretty good with them unless I'm using blunt points bc no access to new ones.