• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants meth

imajoker

Greenlighter
i run into a ton of people who believe meth causes hallucinations, shadow people, dragons forming in the smoke in the pipe, skulls that talk to you, puff the magic dragons, aliens demons, your dealer standing next to you dragon ball z esque battles, marvel vs capcom, nes games (ninja gaiden i called this one ninja heroin). this drugs called the shit, but whats the name of the HALLUCINOGENS in this 'shit' is this sold to ppl because the dealer needs GOOD CUTS and he wants to keep as much meth as possible (to smoke while not technically ripping you off?) in my best experience its best to steer clear from this 'shit' my old dealer made a game outta trying to send me to the mental ward (something to do with he sells two ozs a day and cant smoke, YA RIGHT) if anyone goes 'dubs only' and they live five minutes away, watch out what happens to the dope. he mightve gone full retard

The hallucinations are caused by sleep deprivation from being high on meth without sleep for multiple days, which is common with a powerful stimulant with a long half life of 12-24 hours like methamphetamine. It's called stimulant psychosis.

i don't do tweek anymore, but when i did i couldn't even stay up 2 nights in a row or i would get intense auditory and visual hallucinations. they can be really freaky.

Is it really just sleep deprivation though? I've been up for over 168 hours straight while withdrawing from heroin. I'm inclined to believe its a combo of sleep dep and the fact that your mind is working so hard on the stims.

I have never tried meth and my knowledge is very limited, but I believe that the hallucinations are caused both by sleep depravation and the enormous release of dopamine by the brain.

This^^^
Excess dopamine can lead to psychosis.

Definitely. Usually it's the combination of sleep deprivation and excess dopamine activity but, as a lot of heavy stim abusers have found out, symptoms of stimulant psychosis can happen with big doses even if well rested.

I had a mild nervous breakdown almost a year ago now and had severe insomnia and let me tell you a few days without sleep even without the addition of a powerful stimulant messing with your neurochemical levels leaves you pretty fried and yes seeing things a little. Not like a full blown acid trip or something. But I would go 2 sometimes 3-4 days without sleeping and then have to sleep with a lamp on as I would see people in the darkness that were disturbingly vivid and sinister.

dont stay up for more than 24 hours, sleep deprivation leads to hallucinations haha.

dreaming while awake and being concious while asleep pretty cool and interesting phenomena I rekon. lots cant handle it and it sends em crazy but thats cause there believing what they are seeing and hearing bloody nobs lol