• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Meth withdrawal has me exhausted

Thanks everyone for the kindness, understanding, and words of encouragement. Yeah, I’m still using. I thought once my friend/dealer moved that I’d be okay but like a true addict — I just found another dealer. And he’s right down the hall. (Doesn’t help that he’s kinda cute lol.)

It’s crazy how easy it was to find someone with it! Just walked to the gas station, a guy saw me and asked if I needed anything, I told him “ice”, he called somebody, and I had it within the hour.

I’m getting a little concerned though because at first, I could just take 50mg of seroquel and fall asleep. Now it’s starting to take much more, and I’ll still only sleep a few hours. But of course, cute drug dealer guy has Xanax too. Half of one + the 50mg will put me to sleep. But I really don’t wanna get addicted to benzos. I don’t wanna be a polydrug addict period, but this “pressed pill”/fentanyl stuff has me TERRIFIED. Then on top of that, I drink wine all day…knowing that the meth is already dehydrating me and that I shouldn’t drink on benzos.

I’m starting to spend ALOT of money on my habits and vices. I was telling my friend that I’m starting to see the dealer more than I see my own boyfriend smh. I’m going out of town tomorrow and I’ve already told my dealer I was gonna be stocking up before I go. Hopefully that will help me taper though since I may not be able to find someone with it where I’m going. That’s gonna make me try to ration it out. Anyway, we shall see. I’ll let you guys know how it goes.

*sigh*

This past week was really hard. Like I said, I went out of town but that whole “rationing it out”/“tapering off” thing did NOT happen. After 2 days, I was all out and of course exhaustion and misery ensued.

One of my friends gave me a few ecstasy pills to help me stay up…those gave me a slight boost, but they just couldn’t compare to the meth. Plus, they put me in a really bad mood. I had such a rotten attitude while taking them. Not the euphoria that I’m used to. So I just tried to stick with coffee and energy drinks. They didn’t help much either.

Aside from the first two days, I spent most of my trip asleep. I’d literally sleep ALL day because there was no one around to physically wake me. I’d even sleep through phone calls and housekeepers knocking on the door. Most days I’d eventually get up around 8pm to eat and stay up until like 9 or 10am. But after that? CRASH. I’d periodically wake up during the day time, but the urge to sleep was stronger than the urge to get out of bed.

As soon as I got in town, I hit up my dealer and he got me right. (While I was gone, I had been texting him every so often so we wouldn’t lose contact.) So yeah, mission failed….kinda. I’m still happy that I was able to go a few days without it, even if I was asleep 80% of those days lol. One day I know I’ll be able to beat this.

THIS IS EXACTLY what I am going through. My bf found out also and immediately stated he would NOT BE WITH A METH HEAD. I tried to stop and I made it three days but I am honestly miserable after going back to using. It's only been 3 weeks for me and it has consumed my entire being to this point. I need some SERIOUS support to stop. I am honestly terrified.
Yes meth gets it’s hands on you FAST. At first it’s just something you do when you wanna have fun, then it’s something you do when you don’t have anything else better to do, and then it’s something you feel like you cannot function without. And it all happens so fast! I wish you nothing but the best!

I was doing meth daily for weeks and weeks at a time. As of today, I haven’t had any in about a month! I still feel tired a lot and my eating habits are still out of whack, but I feel much healthier and happier overall.

The only reason I haven’t been using is because I just recently moved, and I barely know anyone here…especially not the local drug dealers. I’ve definitely asked around about it, but nobody I know has it. At first it was like, “Omfg I’m gonna die!!!” But hours turned into days which turned into weeks. It just takes time.

Now would I be able to turn it down if someone did tell me they had it? I’m not sure…but I’ll deal with that when the time comes. It’s crazy because I’m in an area where apparently there’s a “really bad” meth problem…yet I couldn’t find it at all. :| I guess that’s supposed to be a good thing though lol.

Little background: I’ve been doing meth daily for MONTHS. I guess you could call it microdosing, as I’m still able to go to sleep, eat, take care of myself, etc. Every now and then I’d have my 2 or 3 days binges. But once the paranoia and hallucinations hit, I’d grab my Xanax or Seroquel and knock myself out. I was super productive, able to go out and handle business, and just in a pretty good mood overall.

Then my bf found my stash and shit went to hell. I was hiding my habit so well that even he was like WTF. And of course meth has such a horrible, icky reputation…he was repulsed that *I* could be doing such a thing. Ok, so I stopped buying the shit. That wasn’t a problem. I’ve had to suddenly stop before (did 2 weeks in jail, plug out of town, etc) .. but every time I’d stop I’d be EXHAUSTED and sleeping all day. Same thing is happening now.

I know there isn’t much I can do about it but ride it out, but it’s just so frustrating! When I was getting high, I was taking care of everything I needed to do and always in a good mood. But now I’m just a sleepy, moody lump. And of course my bf doesn’t get it at all. He keeps asking me am I okay because he’s never seen me sleep so much…bless his heart. Ummm duhhh because I’ve been HIGH!

Its just funny how that kind of stuff works out. I’m drinking a Red Bull as I type this but I know it won’t offer much (if any) help. If there’s anything that can help get me through this, please let me know. At this point I’m thinking of finding someone with some coke or adderall or something.
You are sleeping heavily because you have depleted the dopamine and serotonin levels in the brain. No drugs will recuperate that BUT aminos will. I do more of the Heavy party Stims and know how to Load up prior and recuperate as well. Actually I love the comedown feeling it's so relaxing and my body accepts really good. Knowing how to replenish is the key literally. Pretty sure it's same for Heavy duty stimulant like Meth. I always equate Meth like a Funny car dragster and my chems are like a Ferrari or Mclaren MP4C. Very high performance but not blasting off from 0 to 250 mph in a quarter mile. More like 0 -220 mph but over span of 2 minutes not 6.5 seconds. Plus meth addicts tend to just go overloaded on quantity trying to get that High feeling again only to find out it will not work. Thus they just deplete even more and then it depletes vitamins and essential aminos that regulate everything from muscle , lipids, and Calcium as well. So sleep alone won't even do the trick. Just like bodybuilding -Not every day or muscles never get a chance to rebuild on burned out fibers in the muscles. Same holds true for The brain and body. Brain and it's many needed chemicals is now gone. It literally wants user to crash hard but what rebuilds it? That's the technical part and where post recuperation is critical.
Brain Neuroscience GIF by University of California

Little background: I’ve been doing meth daily for MONTHS. I guess you could call it microdosing, as I’m still able to go to sleep, eat, take care of myself, etc. Every now and then I’d have my 2 or 3 days binges. But once the paranoia and hallucinations hit, I’d grab my Xanax or Seroquel and knock myself out. I was super productive, able to go out and handle business, and just in a pretty good mood overall.

Then my bf found my stash and shit went to hell. I was hiding my habit so well that even he was like WTF. And of course meth has such a horrible, icky reputation…he was repulsed that *I* could be doing such a thing. Ok, so I stopped buying the shit. That wasn’t a problem. I’ve had to suddenly stop before (did 2 weeks in jail, plug out of town, etc) .. but every time I’d stop I’d be EXHAUSTED and sleeping all day. Same thing is happening now.

I know there isn’t much I can do about it but ride it out, but it’s just so frustrating! When I was getting high, I was taking care of everything I needed to do and always in a good mood. But now I’m just a sleepy, moody lump. And of course my bf doesn’t get it at all. He keeps asking me am I okay because he’s never seen me sleep so much…bless his heart. Ummm duhhh because I’ve been HIGH!

Its just funny how that kind of stuff works out. I’m drinking a Red Bull as I type this but I know it won’t offer much (if any) help. If there’s anything that can help get me through this, please let me know. At this point I’m thinking of finding someone with some coke or adderall or something.
B-vitamins (preferably all of them including biotin - they have names & numbers where some are skipped which confused things: 1,2,3,6,7,9 and 12 off the top of my head all with names from thiamine to cobalamin. See whoops, missed B-5 (pantothenic acid).

• thiamin (vitamin B-1)(OCD wants me to connect the list so badly lol).
  • riboflavin (vitamin B-2)
  • niacin (vitamin B-3)
  • pantothenic acid (vitamin B-5)
  • pyridoxine (vitamin B-6)
  • biotin (vitamin B-7)
  • folate (vitamin B-9)
  • cobalamin (vitamin B-12)
Far soluble antioxidants like vitamins D3 and E are super important. Speaking of fats, fish oil should also be beneficial.

A combo of d/l-phenylalanine and l-tyrosine should help. L-dopa is out there too but that one can be a little dangerous, but tends to work best. These amino acids create dopamine, adrenaline, and noradrenaline (epinephrine and adrenaline are the same/synonyms, idk why everyone opts for ephinepherine when they're taking about actual adrenaline, but then use adrenaline in other ways lol).

Thank God it's not fentanyl withdrawal or even heroin. Those feel AWFUL and sickening. Meth withdrawal is like extreme fatigue, and mostly psychological.

NEARLY FORGOT: A BDNF releaser. Most racetams have this mechanism. Phenyl-piracetam has the advantage of also being an NDRI. If not the latter, pick up some pseudoephedrine from Costco which is a just couple dollars BTC, cheapest Ive seen by far. It's a NDRA, mostly noradrenaline, but a little dopamine too. The best BDNF's are Semax and Selank, some old Russian peptides that seen to have extremely promising results... They're expensive though.

Melatonin is also an antioxidant that targets some regions where serotonergic meth toxicity occurs.

Don't expect any miracles.

Last edited:
B-vitamins (preferably all of them including biotin - they have names & numbers where some are skipped which confused things: 1,2,3,6,7,9 and 12 off the top of my head all with names from thiamine to cobalamin. See whoops, missed B-5 (pantothenic acid).

• thiamin (vitamin B-1)(OCD wants me to connect the list so badly lol).
  • riboflavin (vitamin B-2)
  • niacin (vitamin B-3)
  • pantothenic acid (vitamin B-5)
  • pyridoxine (vitamin B-6)
  • biotin (vitamin B-7)
  • folate (vitamin B-9)
  • cobalamin (vitamin B-12)
Far soluble antioxidants like vitamins D3 and E are super important. Speaking of fats, fish oil should also be beneficial.

A combo of d/l-phenylalanine and l-tyrosine should help. L-dopa is out there too but that one can be a little dangerous, but tends to work best. These amino acids create dopamine, adrenaline, and noradrenaline (epinephrine and adrenaline are the same/synonyms, idk why everyone opts for ephinepherine when they're taking about actual adrenaline, but then use adrenaline in other ways lol).

Thank God it's not fentanyl withdrawal or even heroin. Those feel AWFUL and sickening. Meth withdrawal is like extreme fatigue, and mostly psychological.

NEARLY FORGOT: A BDNF releaser. Most racetams have this mechanism. Phenyl-piracetam has the advantage of also being an NDRI. If not the latter, pick up some pseudoephedrine from Costco which is a just couple dollars BTC, cheapest Ive seen by far. It's a NDRA, mostly noradrenaline, but a little dopamine too. The best BDNF's are Semax and Selank, some old Russian peptides that seen to have extremely promising results... They're expensive though.

Melatonin is also an antioxidant that targets some regions where serotonergic meth toxicity occurs.

Don't expect any miracles.

NA-R-ALA is an important one you're missing there (particularly in the context of methamphetamine).

Hey OP. What you're describng is typical in every way. When people start using Hard Drugs, it's often not an immediate slide into hell. I'd say, on average, if you're fucking around with Heroin or Methamphetamine, you've got about three months of good times before you're world starts to implode from all sides, generally six months before you realize that you're life has been imploding. By the time you realize you've destoyed things both physical and spiritual, you start looking for comfort and that's not typically in the form of Jesus or whatever.

Your positive initial experience is pretty common, like I said. There's something about chicks man, when they start doing Meth, they just can't stop talking about how clean their baseboards are or how early their kids were for soccer. Dudes are usually just at home with their laptop open and their dick in their hand(s).

You clearly have access to pharmaceuticals if you've got Alprazolam (Xanax) kicking around. I'm going to make an off-collar recommendation that you should try to get some Gabapentin (Neurontin) or Pregabalin (Lyrica). I'm not helping you source, but in our current age, the bums are practically using Gabapentin as a primitive currency in Kenmore Square, so logic would dictate that Florida is likely, much, much worse.

I've always been an Opioid user. I've never had experiences with stimulants lasting more than a day or two. I do know that exhaustion is a pretty common facet of Opioid withdrawal too. A primary difference is that, although exhausted, we couldn't sleep if we prayed for it.

Gabapentin and Pregabalin helped me immensely during my protracted withdrawals from both Heroin and Methadone. I think it is at least worth a try for you. You're right that the Red Bull probably isn't going to help.

I don't know how this works but I need to put something out there. Meth is becoming an element of bodybuilding It allows you to cut fat and also train hard at a calorie deficit and the muscle wasting it can cause can be ameliorate with SARMs or Steroids. I am getting prodigious results. This my second time using it. Usually for 5 to 7 weeks. Coming off is Rocky but other stimulants soften the blow. I did have a question when I do a line my muscles become more defined and as my body fat percentage drops the more pronounced they become. Why is this? Before I get jumped on you folks should know that I am far from the only bodybuilder who uses meth. If you go to a competition it's the energetic guys who are insanely shredded.

Well thats about my plan to lose weight.. Stims with calorie deficit and SARMs against muscle wasting. Not healthy I guess but dunno how bad actually.

What you experience, more defined muscles etc will probably be the released nor/epinephrine.

Well thats about my plan to lose weight.. Stims with calorie deficit and SARMs against muscle wasting. Not healthy I guess but dunno how bad actually.

What you experience, more defined muscles etc will probably be the released nor/epinephrine.
I can't tell if you are being sarcastic snyde or ironic or if you are serious about it. Which?