Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Meth Vs Ecstasy comedown

pancho06

Greenlighter
So making this as succint as possible; I've been on bluelight for a while now although this is my first official post. Anyway guys I am a bit worried at the moment since I've been experiencing a shitty mood/comedown feeling this past week and I am unsure as to what I should attribute this to. My history with hard drugs has only started this year I've pinged about 10 times now since March and obviously some have been spaced out and some have been done too frequently; my plan is not to roll anymore until march for a festival I anticipate with excitement ;) now secondly (sorry I know this is getting lenghty) I tried sepedd for the first time a week ago and only really just got a taste for it and was unsatisfied so this weekend I'm getting a point of proper shard to see what the excitement is about. Now my worry is if I'm feeling a bit shitty right now (which is nothing I can't deal with just sucks feeling depressed for no reason) should I attribute these feelings to pinging to often over the past couple of months and does the meth just add to it? I am aware of MDMA's effect on serotorgenic neurons and meth's dopamine toxicity and bla bla bla anyway I've always been pretty responsible about my use (within reason obviously I've pinged too often) and now my plan is to get a taste for the meth (I'm gona be snorting it because any other ROA has too much addictive potential specially for someome with an addictive personality like mine. So guys I know I'm about to play with fire with the meth but am I currently feeling this just from the pills? Last time I rolled was about 3 weeks ago and I rolled 2 weeks in a row before that. Pheww I'm glad I got that out of my system venting as well; sorry for the super lenghty post I just needed to be clear about my use to I could get realistic opinions. Thanks guys

for me meth has a wayyyyyy worse comdown than MDMA,MDMA for me anyways has fuck all comedown i may feel a bit drained the day after a big night but i always drink like a fish on mdma.meth on the other hand has a harsh harsh comdown flit with anxiety and paranoia maybe im just one of those people that shouldnt smoke meth but its always fucked me up x100 times worse than mdma on the comedown.....

Hey pancho, nice first post and I can see you've been lurking around since at least Aughust ;)

I wouldn't stress too much about how you've been feeling shitty. Ten times in 9 months isn't way too often, But you should try to space them out better rather then going three weeks in a row.
As far as Meth is concerned, Honestly I wouldn't be too worried about trying a higher dose out, don't be suprised though if it isn't really what you expected as often made out to be. It doesn't give you euphoria in a similar way to the way MDMA does, it won't make your body have shivers that feel amazing or pure bliss to certain sounds/songs. Nor will it make you more empathetic with others the way MDMA does. Don't get me wrong, meth can feel very good, but for me the only people who have had problems with Meth are ones who back up their nights. Meth is very easy to go on partying for days if you re-dosing, but to me you don't sound like this is at all your plan. Also it can be very addictive, but as I said I've only seen this happen to people who back it up for days.If you're a big drinker, then you'll notice how much you can drink on meth, it's worth taking note of this as it's important to stay hydrated, but more importantly you can get yourself blackout drunk and not be able to passout, I have done this to the point where I was calling people to pick me up at 5am and then not being there 5 minutes later with no recollection of our conversation. But I've also had great nights on meth, I had some for the first time in months on Saturday night, smoked close to a point as did several other people and we drank and smoked weed all night and it was awesome.

Meth can be a lot of fun, but it is a bad drug not to take seriously. If I was you I would to try a larger dose, it's been 4 years since I started using meth, and I have not even been close to getting addicted and it is a drug that I still enjoy. But I don't take it regularly and I much prefer MDMA.

for me meth has a wayyyyyy worse comdown than MDMA,MDMA for me anyways has fuck all comedown i may feel a bit drained the day after a big night but i always drink like a fish on mdma.meth on the other hand has a harsh harsh comdown flit with anxiety and paranoia maybe im just one of those people that shouldnt smoke meth but its always fucked me up x100 times worse than mdma on the comedown.....

Yeah same here dude, I always have an after glow after MDMA. But with speed I get very scattered. @pancho if you don't know what feeling scattered feels like, it's kind of hard to explain, I feel very lazy when I'm scattered but more that that I get forgetful. If I'm ever working scattered I constantly forget things that I have just done or were in the process of doing. It's fine however if you can be left alone and just watch dvd's/listen to music all day. I know some people actually feel sick the day after but not many.

And Junkie if you don't mind me asking, how often have do you take meth? The anxiety and paranoia doesn't sound too promising. Do these feelings go away after a few days? If not I propose that you maybe cut back a bit, these are early signs of much more serious issues that I have seen friends go through that have suffered/are suffering because they did not address this. If meth didn't give you anxiety/paranoia when you started using than I highly recommend that you significantly reduce your use. I don't wanna see you end up like friends of mine.

Pheww guys thanks heaps for the info I really appreciate it; Yeah thestudent14 I am familiar with the term scattered and to be honest with you for me its weird I will have an AWESOME afterglow for up to a week after rolling and the harder I roll the more profound that feeling is and it can last quite a while, however by the time the second week comes around I start getting a sensation of guilt/anxiety that the closest thing I can describe it with is 'mild depression'. As far as the drinking goes...... I do drink like a lunatic normally and I noticed last week with the speed I drank well over 20+ standard drinks and I was still on my feet whereas that much grog would have me knocked on my ass even on my best days. It actually took all that booze plus a good 3 or so rips outta my mini bong to pass out hahaha. But yeah guys I really appreciate the feedback and btw its awesome to finally share with the bluelight community; this site is like my go to for almost every question i have, where I can actually inform myself with the insight of experienced individuals who arent your everyday moron im sure you guys know :)

Oh guys also, I have found that caffeine sparks CRAZY anxiety for me. It just so happens that today I've had somewhere near .5 to a gram of caffeine in the form of energy drinks/coffee without noticing. Btw I have purposely reduced my caffeine intake for this same reason it just so happened that today I consumed this much without realizing..... why must those blue Vs be so delicious lol

Yeah same here dude, I always have an after glow after MDMA. But with speed I get very scattered. @pancho if you don't know what feeling scattered feels like, it's kind of hard to explain, I feel very lazy when I'm scattered but more that that I get forgetful. If I'm ever working scattered I constantly forget things that I have just done or were in the process of doing. It's fine however if you can be left alone and just watch dvd's/listen to music all day. I know some people actually feel sick the day after but not many.

And Junkie if you don't mind me asking, how often have do you take meth? The anxiety and paranoia doesn't sound too promising. Do these feelings go away after a few days? If not I propose that you maybe cut back a bit, these are early signs of much more serious issues that I have seen friends go through that have suffered/are suffering because they did not address this. If meth didn't give you anxiety/paranoia when you started using than I highly recommend that you significantly reduce your use. I don't wanna see you end up like friends of mine.

my meth intake has slowed WAY down for that reason.i havnt touched meth in about a month and then only had a few puffs (bout half a point) i was a daily puffer at one point (.3-.5 a day) that was not a good time!i dont really want to go into details but at one point i thought cars were following me and people were constantly talking about me i became very shy and recluse i also became reliant on it for work and it ended up costing me a decent job.when i feel the anxiety /paranoia its after smoking a point plus or after being up for 24 hours + not sleeping really reallly fucks with me unless i have some sort of opiate to come down to.
i've become much more like my old self since i quit using that evil shit regularly.gimi MDMA any day over meth.the high you get from meth is WEAK as compaird to a decent hit of mdma and the comdown isnt worth the high you get.....

Oh guys also, I have found that caffeine sparks CRAZY anxiety for me. It just so happens that today I've had somewhere near .5 to a gram of caffeine in the form of energy drinks/coffee without noticing. Btw I have purposely reduced my caffeine intake for this same reason it just so happened that today I consumed this much without realizing..... why must those blue Vs be so delicious lol

blue v's we dont have them here yet :( just a heads up alot of mdma pills contain a fair bit of caffeine that could add to why your feeling that anxiety/depression

my meth intake has slowed WAY down for that reason.i havnt touched meth in about a month and then only had a few puffs (bout half a point) i was a daily puffer at one point (.3-.5 a day) that was not a good time!i dont really want to go into details but at one point i thought cars were following me and people were constantly talking about me i became very shy and recluse i also became reliant on it for work and it ended up costing me a decent job.when i feel the anxiety /paranoia its after smoking a point plus or after being up for 24 hours + not sleeping really reallly fucks with me unless i have some sort of opiate to come down to.
i've become much more like my old self since i quit using that evil shit regularly.gimi MDMA any day over meth.the high you get from meth is WEAK as compaird to a decent hit of mdma and the comdown isnt worth the high you get.....

Very glad to hear it best not to fuck around with Meth when it gets to that point, MDMA is definitely my DOC too =)

blue v's we dont have them here yet :( just a heads up alot of mdma pills contain a fair bit of caffeine that could add to why your feeling that anxiety/depression

Sucks to be out your way, blue V's are my favourite drink they are fucking amazing.

I personally get a lot worse depression from MDMA comedowns, and it usually gets me later in the week then a meth comedown.

It wasn't always like that, it's partly the reason I don't get pills anymore.

if you get really shitty after effects from caffeine id be careful with meth. I get really bad side effects from too much coffee and meth fucks me up on another level to everyone else on the comedown. I didnt sleep for 3 nights in a row after a point in one dose

comedowns are the shittest things since work on an empty stomach!

the worst comedowns are when you combine the two!!

I love the blue v's too ;)

pancho06, welcome to BL :)

I think, pancho, regarding your question, all anyone can do is speculate because everyone is different. Personally, I never 'came down' in the traditional way off meth - I'd feel physically worn out, but didn't have a negative mindstate at all. In fact I loved being scattered and never used benzos or other sleepers after meth simply because I wanted to stay awake and experience the scattered feeling for as long as I could. I actually think this played a part in my previous meth addiction - and I think it's typical of a lot of addicts, rather than recreational users. When you have no negative effects from using meth every day, only positives, it can be very hard to see a reason to stop, until it becomes really hard.

thestudent14 said:
Meth can be a lot of fun, but it is a bad drug not to take seriously. If I was you I would to try a larger dose

Sorry student but I think that's terrible advice. Unless you're getting crap, a point of shard is more than enough for most non tolerant users. In fact, if you're snorting, don't snort a point at once. Divide it into 3. 30mg is a strong snorted dose of decent shard, you don't want to go higher than that or you may find the physical effects, like a racing heart, too strong, and it could detract from your high. If it's not enough, you can always do more.

A couple of things stood out to me regarding your mdma use though. One is that although you last used 3 weeks ago, you still think your shitty feeling could be from mdma. Do you normally get such long after effects from using it? If you do, to me, that could be a bit of a warning sign. The other is you mentioning you're really sensitive to caffeine. Have you always been that way? I used mdma really heavily, but in the end, that use made me super sensitive to anxiety, and one of the symptoms was becoming ridiculously sensitive to caffeine.

Finally, using meth and mdma together is not only more neurotoxic than either alone, there's also a greater chance you'll feel shitty afterwards. I think using either one when you haven't quite recovered from the other risks you coming down harder, too.

Last edited:
Using meth that frequent amounts of meth you will end up not getting come downs because you will dose until you fall asleep

@footscrazy I Have a descent tolerance to caffeine I don't consider myself too sensitive to it I start getting really shitty anxiety when I exceed 500 mg of it. Now that I think about it I too have noticed that MDMA use has led to caffeine affecting me negatively in large doses. Also caffeine no longer stimulates me mentally in a noticeable way I'll just feel awake like I would be well rested. Another thing is that I've done a fair bit of dexies, as a matter of fact what I noticed most when I tried the whizz last week was that it felt JUST like being on about 6-8 dexies except the stimulation was even cleaner and more "sharp"
mmmm as far as MDMA comedomes I don't know exactly how to explain its not a lingering effect it just happens sometimes I'll feel anxious/upset for no apparent reason and it'll go away after a couple hours and by now I am almost 100% positive that caffeine in moderately high doses is what triggers this.
Lastly, will meth by itself be enjoyable enough to dance and party? I mean I am normally a pretty confident person and hold myself well, when I am pinging I actually have to hold back (I have a gf) and am a bit overloving hahaha so when I'm rolling I don't feel I need anything else, with dexies I always end up drinking like an industrial tank and spend far too much cash and you guys all know the hangover from hell lol; thats what has me wondering if the feeling of the gear itself will be good enough to go out clubbing and enhance socializing/dancing without needing that 'extra' from alcohol (which is my DOG in case anyone is interested)

I find the meth comedown easier on the body, but that could be due to the fact that the majority of the time I am rolling, it will be at a festival and I will be running around all night like a headless chicken and dehydration. With meth on the rare occasion I indulge it will be with a few close mates and we will just stay up all night chilling at home, no real comedown like E, I think its because there is less of a rush feeling with meth and when you come down sometimes it can be a blessing in a way, rather then leaving you sober from rolling balls which can be quite depressing or give u a shitty feeling in general.

I always take a Multivitamin (50+ is more concentrated), with an extra magnesium supplement, fish oil, hot bath, liquid breakfast, one 5mg valium (cant feel it but it definitely helps) and finally a hot bath. I might have a green tea because that is a great antioxidant and i love the taste :) Very relaxing.

Regarding the meth + alcohol, my friends and I used to go out clubbing on meth, we always ended up drinking like a fish because you feel like superman but what goes up must come down. My friends and I had a strong urge to drink alcohol while on the gear clubbing. It should also be noted that I dont even like alcohol, but jacked up on meth makes you do strange things :p

Last edited:
Lastly, will meth by itself be enjoyable enough to dance and party? I mean I am normally a pretty confident person and hold myself well, when I am pinging I actually have to hold back (I have a gf) and am a bit overloving hahaha

Absolutely, Meth doesn't enhance music the way ecstasy does, but if you already love the music you will definitely have the energy to dance long and hard. Also speed is a very easy drug to be social on, it gives people alot of confidence and makes most conversations more interesting. and being an already confident person it will only exaggerate this. In my opinion the anxiety/paranoid issues come from Abuse not occasional use for the majority of users.

Sounds good to me, I will post back with feedback on my experience guys. Thank again for the info

Sorry student but I think that's terrible advice. Unless you're getting crap, a point of shard is more than enough for most non tolerant users. In fact, if you're snorting, don't snort a point at once. Divide it into 3. 30mg is a strong snorted dose of decent shard, you don't want to go higher than that or you may find the physical effects, like a racing heart, too strong, and it could detract from your high. If it's not enough, you can always do more.

I did not mean to imply he should go for a very high dose, he said he only got a small taste for it, I whole heartadly agree that a point of shard is more then enough for someone still trying it, and 3 x 30mg lines I think would be the way to go.

I've never done binges of either but I believe the reason meth comedowns are so bad is because often the user hasn't slept in days or weeks, hasn't been eating or drinking much or not at all. Extended periods awake with no food or water will make anyone feel like absolute death.

Other than that it mostly comes down to personal experience/body chemistry, though obviously meth is more powerful