• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth tolerance is crazy high.

BC hockeyguy

Greenlighter
Ok so I’m not on here to boast whatsoever. But I went through 3 grams of ice (90-95 percent puré confirmed by acetone wash) in about 12 hours . IV . I wasn’t even really getting hogh by the end of the session . My tolerance is high by my standards .

My question is - if I went to cocaine on my next binge .... do cocaine and meth use the same dopamine/ receptor? Will the coke high be subpar because of my high meth tolerance ????

Don’t worry , detox is booked but it is a week away ... I will be getting help for cessation of drugs ..

Chronic relapser. Getting better though . I can usually make 1-1.5 years clean before I self destruct .

Thanks for honest replies and no judgment

Last edited:
I imagine there would be partial cross tolerance.

Cocaine is dopamine-serotonin-noradrenaline reuptake inhibitor. Which means it inhibits the transporter that removes dopamine etc from the synapse resulting in higher synaptic neurotransmitter levels.

Methamphetamine increases synaptic dopamine (and to a lesser extent serotonin/noradrenaline) concentration by reversing the reuptake transporters so they bring dopamine into the synapse instead of taking it out.

So I'm not sure how much cross tolerance there would be, maybe someone who has used both extensively can tell you.

Honestly you need to take a break. Eat some food and get some rest. 250mg is a lot to IV in half a day let alone a couple of grams. Save the coke for when your neurotransmitters are fresh

Cocaine is dopamine-serotonin-noradrenaline reuptake inhibitor
Cocaine has "inverse agonist" properties at the DAT and SERT that are neuron firing dependent. So it reverses the DAT also, just using different pathways.

Ok so I’m not on here to boast whatsoever. But I went through 3 grams of ice (90-95 percent puré confirmed by acetone wash) in about 12 hours . IV . I wasn’t even really getting hogh by the end of the session . My tolerance is high by my standards .

My question is - if I went to cocaine on my next binge .... do cocaine and meth use the same dopamine/ receptor? Will the coke high be subpar because of my high meth tolerance ????

Don’t worry , detox is booked but it is a week away ... I will be getting help for cessation of drugs ..

Chronic relapser. Getting better though . I can usually make 1-1.5 years clean before I self destruct .

Thanks for honest replies and no judgment

Hey buddy,
I just thought I would point out that an acetone wash doesnt determine purity at all. Majority of adulterants used in methamphetamine production these days are not soluble in acetone.

The days of MSM being the prime cutter is decades gone. Isop and many others require a dual solvent re-crystallization process as well as a heat controlled process to clean the product up.

Andy

Will the coke high be subpar because of my high meth tolerance ???

You can be almost certain you'll have tolerance to the stimulant effects, yes.

I wish you the best of luck with your coming detox and going sober, hopefully it works out well and for longer next time (y)

Cocaine has "inverse agonist" properties at the DAT and SERT that are neuron firing dependent. So it reverses the DAT also, just using different pathways.

This is only a hypothesis I believe. If so, it would be very unique though. But as an inverse agonist, I would expect to see some dysphoria as opposed to the insane amount of pleasure when cocaine is IV'd.

Dopamine reuptake transporter (DAT) "inverse agonism"--a novel hypothesis to explain the enigmatic pharmacology of cocaine.