• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants METH SIDE EFFECT: I,VE BEEN IV USING METH FOR 2 MONTHS. EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE I GET THIS SYMPTOM.....CAN ANYONE CONFIRM AND/OR RELATE?

Aj2theMax1

Bluelighter
It's a what I can only describe as super high pitch or frequency ring on my ears. Except I dont think it's in my ears , but in my head. Like my whole head might be hearing it because that's where it's coming from....I dont know.... obviously it's from using....but...it had went away for a while and it's back since yesterday. It's not even a ringing it's like a real quick on and off. One second its there and then it's gone. Real quick but hard to miss.

It's called tinnitus. It's caused by a million different possible reasons. For example I have tinnitus caused by chronic abuse of my ears from loud music, AND as an uncommon side effect of my antidepressant Cymbalta. It's constant, quite loud and can be very distracting especially at night and/or when it's very quiet otherwise. I don't know if it is permanent or not 🤷‍♀️

In your situation I have no answers as to what the cause may be and how long it will last. Sorry!

But I do know it is called tinnitus lol

Jerry Atrick helped me more then he knows pertaining to my suffering and concerns with tinnitus, and advised me well, its all but gone , and he is so right in our experience, i have gotten use to it, though yes its much less severe

It's a what I can only describe as super high pitch or frequency ring on my ears. Except I dont think it's in my ears , but in my head. Like my whole head might be hearing it because that's where it's coming from....I dont know.... obviously it's from using....but...it had went away for a while and it's back since yesterday. It's not even a ringing it's like a real quick on and off. One second its there and then it's gone. Real quick but hard to miss.

if it's not constant, it's not tinnitus

Sometimes I will hear a very high pitched ringing (louder than tinnitus), and simultaneously I temporarily lose hearing. It usually only occurs in one ear at a time, and only lasts about 3-5 seconds.

Is that what you're describing? I have no idea what causes it. It only happens maybe a few times per year, and usually when I'm sober.

Either way this is a sign that you should chill out with the meth, for now. Probably need to recover a bit.

Could be high blood pressure from the drugs

That ringing can also be caused by an increase in blood pressure caused by the meth. I'd have it checked.

I have that symptom too and figured its the high blood pressure whats causing it.

Like they said it's caused by many things. mine actually gets louder and can gives me anxiety only if it's dead quiet.
Thought everyone doing stims had it from the hours of riding around in an old beat up jalopy with the music blaring and them subs bumping.
It could also be in your mind depending on the actual sounds..,
I used to snort until I heard a police siren in my head. That's when I knew I was geeked up.

Mine gets really bad when my throat hurts. Like right now it’s loud, man.

This sounds akin to the "bellringer" you can get from IV coke. I believe tinnitus can be a side effect from stimulants and drugs in general, I have definitely had it before with a variety of different things. It usually isn't that big of a deal but it can be indicative of more serious problems, so I'd tread carefully if I were you and maybe lower your doses or cease intake.

Last edited:
I have this too now, to lesser extent, either from going too hard one night or from the cumulative effects of binging too long with no sleep. Pretty sure it's blood pressure in my case but apparently it can also be from artery blockages or something to do with abnormal blood vessels, but basically something cardiovascular. Mine is in my left ear and is barely noticable, and happens when standing up, bending over, yawning or bending my neck to the right.

My heart is not cut out for stims. I think that once you start actually feeling the effects of heart or vascular related damage, especially if it were pain, that's a pretty big sign to stop or at least be way more careful. Like, we shouldn't feel heart disease lol, most people with it don't.

@drowningman
I know you said you quit doing ice
(if not no judgement)
Are you still doing coke?
I'm only asking because if you've off all of it for the last couple weeks and your still having blood pressure problems man you may want to go get checked out? Just a thought

@drowningman
I know you said you quit doing ice
(if not no judgement)
Are you still doing coke?
I'm only asking because if you've off all of it for the last couple weeks and your still having blood pressure problems man you may want to go get checked out? Just a thought
I've quit but it's only been 3-4 days. The last night, when the tinnitus began, I started getting pretty bad shocks in my legs, which I attributed to BP, and/or obstructed circulation from severe vasoconstriction. It's hard to tell how much was induced by some minor psychosis and a panic attack cause from here I became convinced the tissue in my legs was slowly shrinking in real time before my eyes and I was losing the ability to walk. I was certain I had critical limb ischemia (never google symptoms on meth) and absolute best case scenario would be double amputation. Called the ambo, and since death was imminent I figured honesty was the best policy, which of course resulted in them (rightfully) not taking my tweaked out ass seriously

Anyways, the ER doctors are always cool and more understanding, the pain subsided as I came down but still let them do an EKG, chest x-ray, and bloodwork which all came back clean. I still have very minor discomfort and tightness in my left chest sometimes. My BP is fine but my resting pulse is consistently around 100, not great but just slightly worse than usual for me. I still think meth contributed to some deficiency in my arteries somewhere, I mean how much do EKGs detect? They're useful if your heart is severely failing right? I did just get a good workout going hard af on my bike though, so that's good I suppose.

I admit I'm a fucking idiot in so many ways, like I thought I could do meth for a week and be good, against all advice. But even then I just went too hard and have no one but myself to blame. I couldn't even get the cool psychosis lol, stayed up 3 days a couple times and never saw any shadow people, just obsessively googled physical symptoms. Thought meth could be a replacement for coke, all in all would not recommend.

@drowningman
Hey man ya never know. Shadow people ain't really that impressive anyways. Scared the dog shit out of me dozens of times before getting used to them though...
I've for the most part always worked night shift and i would work alot outside to save time. well needless to say alot of shadows and corners out there to be bobbing around a truck I'm walking too lol... and definitely fucks with you when your trying to dose up and keep seeing someone walking around the corner 😅

I use to get that a lot when I was heavy using. Like some weird tinnitus shit. I use to think it was pitch generators or frequency emitting devices activating nearby like the fucking Men in black. Even in settings where it wouldn't be possible months after not using it would still happen. Prolly just ear drum shit bro.

I'm not trying to hijack the thread I'm just obliviously retarded and haven't figured out how to post appropriately yet....
But.
Dude. I've been fucking myself up in my head pretty good like totally off the sauce and have slipped on like basically two different occasions now ( because you know they come in multi-day spurts ) after almost a solid year off everything minus like super small amounts of weed. I'm in a bit of a shit situation in life in general like there's a lot of ground to cover.
I've worked so hard to improve My life and it eats my fucking soul that I'm not doing the things that I feel and know I should be. Like work/career wise, socially, physically, recreationally. But I've been dumping everything I am into making it all better.

So what the fuck is wrong with me?

I'm literally recently released from incarceration ( which I went into clean mind you ) a couple months ago and have literally been doing nothing but working towards better shit. Now, ... Life's a bitch. Blah blah. It's tough, sure.
But why, because I promise you what I want is NOT the consequences, price, ramifications of a few punk ass days of feeling like everything is okay. THE TOLLS spiritually, emotionally , physically, and not to mention legally and financially.
As if life isn't hard enough.
Who does this?
Who begins construction on something investing valuable resources like fucking time and blah blah to then thoughtlessly jeopardize all of it or not just demolish the whole thing but put a crater there where it was and moved all fucking imaginary resources to another continent.
And then.
To acknowledge the situation and somehow convince yourself, not anyone else, that what you've done or are doing ( or will do in some cases) is justified in some irrational fucked up way. Like "I" somehow don't know what I'm doing as both a truth and a lie. Like does this make sense to anyone else because I don't believe that I'm alone in experiencing this fucked ass phenomenon but as of the last year or so have been dealing with social anxiety and awkwardness because I spent so much time alone and on drugs and haven't established people in my life ( because I need new ones) to talk to and with about this shit so I'm on a fucking blog forum all night when I should have been sleeping.
Cause like I said. 🤦

Sorry if this isn't appropriate for the thread. Feel free to remove and apologizes for being a noob

@StereoAtypicalRetard
If you need to talk to someone send me a direct message. idk if I can help but maybe I can throw some insight your way. Certain things I don't like to admit abroad but I know what your going through but we all handle things differently...
Honestly, idk how long you were on it but the effects mentally just never fully go away. This shit is toxic and in result it really changes your personality forever.
There are people here that are willing to help..