• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Meth mouth

Prettyflyforawifi

Greenlighter
Has anyone ever had your tongue blister or ulser up after meth use? What is it and how do I prevent it?

Did you burn it on your pipe? That happens as the stem heats up or you suck a bit of hot liquid meth through it.

Besides that meth smoke is caustic and the toxins in meth can cause all kinds of superficial skin problems. It seems to happen on people’s faces most often. I get red patches around my mouth and small sores in the corner of my mouth if I’m not extremely careful. It’s possible it bacterial, especially as meth dries out your mouth and changes the pH. Try using an antibacterial mouthwash and stay hydrated.

Yes, somehow even when I was mostly using it IV I developed bad sores in my mouth. It was horrible.

Personally only happens to me when snorting shards (have not pulverized enough) or smoking shards and drawing too soon. IV never had it happen just the taste .

If you IV it is iron deficiency you may be starting to develop anemia. Iron supplements and water will help but it's m known to reoccur when you have iron deficiency and low red blood cell count.

I've ended up tearing my tongue to shreds on occasions I'm so wired and don't feel the pain of it rubbing against my teeth for hours, maybe accidentally biting it, until I start coming down (regardless of ROA).

Try magnesium, something to bite on, bonjela, if that's the case.

It is caused a small but painful hole on the right side of my tongue and that hole has been getting bigger and bigger every time for the last year and a half. And now I'm starting to develop one on the left side of my tongue along with these terrible ulcers that surround like the whole front of it.

It is caused a small but painful hole on the right side of my tongue and that hole has been getting bigger and bigger every time for the last year and a half. And now I'm starting to develop one on the left side of my tongue along with these terrible ulcers that surround like the whole front of it.
That doesn't sound right... Are you bitting your tongue or something like that? How did it start?
If it has been going on for a year and a half you really should get it checked by a doctor. It could be something serious.

Maybe bad harm advice but based on my research smoking meth is way More dangerous than Injecting... But Injecting is a whole different beast.

I just commented something about this a few days ago. My tongue sore(s) was caused by constantly rubbing my tooth "ridges" with my tongue, and then the wound not being able to heal from all the resulting drips from only snorting my stuff.
It was a shitty cycle but thankfully went away 100% after cessation.

That doesn't sound right... Are you bitting your tongue or something like that? How did it start?
If it has been going on for a year and a half you really should get it checked by a doctor. It could be something serious.
As i do grind my teeth constantly, luckily i don't have an issue with biting my tongue or cheeks. So it's gotta be something more complex than just that. And the hole will start to heal back up until the next time i do meth. Regardless of how long of i stay clean. As soon as I use again, and consume anything with sugar in it. I experimented and i did meth, and for 2 days straight, i only consumed water.. no tongue blisters. But the first sip or bite of anything at all besides water, and my whole tongue starts ulsering up and eating away at the sides of my tongue.

It never happened to me before I guess cuz I’m not a regular meth smoker. But I think you should see your doctor it’s a deficiency of some nutrient in your body. Anyone needs meth supplies I have some in stock by the way

Fuck yeah - when Ive had more than my usual amount or really quality gear, I get it on both sides of tongue. Whether smoked or snorted; and it stings like bastard.
id say it is a dehydrated thing stripping you of vitamins combined with the fact you're gurning like a mother-fucker and not lubricated as you should be.

Hydrolytes in tablet form, do yourself a favour, I reckon it'll help supplement what meth is obviously stripping from you.
Helps quench that insatiable thirst the day after too.

Last edited:
Don't take this the wrong way but this whole thing sounds like a herpes flare-up, which that drug will trigger if you've ever had an outbreak inside your mouth at any point in your life.

I use to get what felt like "chemical burns" in my throat when smoking. Tried different ROA and still felt it.

I think it's vasoconstriction too. If you have a hole in your tongue or an injury and use meth, it will constrict the blood flow to these areas, meaning they won't heal.

So not only is meth caustic on the body, but it also constricts blood flow leading to less ability to heal areas of your body.

Has anyone ever had your tongue blister or ulser up after meth use? What is it and how do I prevent it?
In the last few months my smoking technique has improved drastically and I no longer develop sores in my mouth like this. I think the problem was that I was overheating it and inhaling hot vapor. Using pipes with longer stems helped, but my smoking technique is really what did the trick. I now use short pipes again and no problems.

It could also be that meth dehydrates you like a mother fucker and stops proper production of saliva.

Could also be that you bit your tongue and didn't realize it. I have bruxism when I'm not using meth and it causes me to bite my tongue at times. It could also be that you're rubbing your tongue against your teeth too much and it's tearing it up.

Overall I am convinced that, for me, my problem was smoking technique.

In the last few months my smoking technique has improved drastically and I no longer develop sores in my mouth like this. I think the problem was that I was overheating it and inhaling hot vapor. Using pipes with longer stems helped, but my smoking technique is really what did the trick. I now use short pipes again and no problems.

It could also be that meth dehydrates you like a mother fucker and stops proper production of saliva.

Could also be that you bit your tongue and didn't realize it. I have bruxism when I'm not using meth and it causes me to bite my tongue at times. It could also be that you're rubbing your tongue against your teeth too much and it's tearing it up.

Overall I am convinced that, for me, my problem was smoking technique.
Ugh I'm having this issue these days. Can you tell me how your smoking technique changed?

Ugh I'm having this issue these days. Can you tell me how your smoking technique changed?
Uh, it's kinda hard to explain. The biggest thing is that I went to a dedicated smoke shop and looked at their selection of torch lighters. I demo'd each one until I found one where I could get the flame really low while still getting a pinpoint flame from it. It's a Scorch brand pen torch so it doesn't hold very much butane, but it lasts a few bowls and takes very little butane to refill. Cost me twenty bucks plus tax.

I can set the flame so low that I can actually touch it to the glass and my gear melts down perfectly and stays clear from start to finish. Because the flame is pinpoint, it only heats where it hits and it heats evenly unlike a BIC which makes the entire bowl hot.

I just put the flame to the glass and twist very slowly back and forth until the gear melts down, then I start to twist a little further each way, start inhaling, and move the pen away. Wait for vapor to start dissipating and then put the flame up to the glass again for 1 to 2 seconds and take it away again. Rinse and repeat until I'm satisfied with my hit. And man, I can get some fat fucking hits with this torch.

I would say the most important part about buying a torch lighter is to not get them at corner stores or gas stations. Those tend to be shit. Smoke shops sell torch lighters at the same or lower price but typically they're much higher quality. Always ask if you can try them before you just start igniting them though, because some shops won't let you. If the shop won't let you, go somewhere that will.