• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants meth melting sssllloooowwwww

katykattt

Bluelighter
i noticed the batch i have right now is taking forever to melt, even with a torch. i did a thorough acetone wash, so it should have all the cuts out. is this normal

You may not have all the cuts out. Some potential cuts are not soluble in acetone and have a higher melting point than meth. I’d suspect magnesium sulfate (epsom salts). Taste your meth and see if it is salty rather than chemically bitter. If you have Magnesium Sulfate and meth mixed together the only way to separate them is an A/B extraction.

If you crush your shard to powder and heat it hard with a torch and nothing at all melts or burns in first 30 seconds, it would point to no meth at all.

But it could be something else.

If it were me I would finely crush about a point and drop it in a few ml of room temperature water in a spoon.

Meth will almost instantly dissolve but your potential cut may have lower solubility water and stay solid for a while in the bottom of your spoon. This happens with MSM - though it is also soluble in acetone and melts at low temp. So that’s not what you’ve got. Note that Magnesium Sulfate dissolves quickly in water (but not acetone) so this trick not helpful there. This trick also not helpful with glucose which survives acetone. But you don’t have glucose as it melts easily at temp similar to meth.

This trick won’t help identify your cut but you can then crush all your cut meth, dissolve it in water, run it through a coffee filter trapping the still solid cut, evaporate the water and recrystallise your somewhat purified meth.

However, if it were simply glucose it would not work as it is quite soluble on water. You are unlikely to have glucose though as it’s melting point is very close to meth at 146 degreas celsius.

You may not have all the cuts out. Some potential cuts are not soluble in acetone and have a higher melting point than meth. I’d suspect magnesium sulfate (epsom salts). Taste your meth and see if it is salty rather than chemically bitter. If you have Magnesium Sulfate and meth mixed together the only way to separate them is an A/B extraction.

If you crush your shard to powder and heat it hard with a torch and nothing at all melts or burns in first 30 seconds, it would point to no meth at all.

But it could be something else.

If it were me I would finely crush about a point and drop it in a few ml of room temperature water in a spoon.

Meth will almost instantly dissolve but your potential cut may have lower solubility water and stay solid for a while in the bottom of your spoon. This happens with MSM - though it is also soluble in acetone and melts at low temp. So that’s not what you’ve got. Note that Magnesium Sulfate dissolves quickly in water (but not acetone) so this trick not helpful there. This trick also not helpful with glucose which survives acetone. But you don’t have glucose as it melts easily at temp similar to meth.

This trick won’t help identify your cut but you can then crush all your cut meth, dissolve it in water, run it through a coffee filter trapping the still solid cut, evaporate the water and recrystallise your somewhat purified meth.

However, if it were simply glucose it would not work as it is quite soluble on water. You are unlikely to have glucose though as it’s melting point is very close to meth at 146 degreas celsius.
thanks so much. i think i may try that coffee filter purification thing. i also wonder if i let it soak in the acetone long enough so i may retry that as well!

Solubility is influenced by the temperature of the solvent. Remembering that acetone is HIGHLY FLAMMABLE and starts boiling off at only 56 degrees celsius, you could warm it a little.

The least dangerous way to do that is in a water bath where you put the glass container holding your acetone + meth in a larger container of hot/boiling water and occasionally replenish the hot/boiling water made with an electric kettle or a microwave.