• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth made the roof of my mouth sore as hell

Deadhead420

Bluelighter
Anyone else ever get this? I didn't smoke any so that's not it, I snorted a couple lines and IV'ed once. I came down and slept last night so now I'm sober and hungry as hell but when I went to eat, the roof of my mouth feels like it's burned or something. What would cause this? I was up for two days, didn't eat much, but I did stay hydrated.

I think it might have been some of the impurities it was cut with. As far as i know meth doesn't cause that

I had this the day after the last time I did MDMA.

I figured it was due to dehydration(dry mouth) and/or my tongue rubbing against the rough of my mouth while rolling.

Do you have a tongue ring? I snorted meth one time, and two days later (it may have been there the next day, but I was still spun) I had a sore on my lip. I don't get cold sores. All I can assume is my habit of sticking the ball of my tongue ring between my lips occasionally was amplified to constantly by the meth. Maybe you just rubbed the roof of your mouth?

That was from smoking cut...used to happen to me ALL the time...

and/or dehydration

Ah, CageKennylz beat me to it... Damn my slow typing and constant editing.

Another idea... What did you drink while on the meth? One time going to school at UMT, my bitch of an ex had me drive across the state to see her for an hour then sent me back to school. Obviously, I was eating/snorting a lot of Adderall. On my way back, I stopped at a Burger King, and got a coffee. The first cup they sold that morning... My mouth felt fuzzy for two weeks after.

No tongue ring and I wasn't smoking it. Now that I think about it, I seem to remember something like this happening years back when I took some Adderall. Maybe it's the dry mouth? But I was drinking a good amount of water the whole time. It seemed to get a little better as I continued to eat but man that first bite was painful.

Another idea... What did you drink while on the meth?

Mostly water. Also some mountain dew and a milkshake. Maybe some Gatorade too.

I hate that. I've gotten it from mephedrone especially. whatever you do don't eat any peanut butter.

This happened to me when I snorted crystal, It could be because of dehydration because even though you say you stayed hydrated, you were tweaking'(;
It also could be because of jaw clenching, shivering, or any other repetitive mouth functions?
OR it could be caused by impurities, weird reactions, allergies

I also had that pallet pain when I tried to eat after snorting meth. Bad news: It still happens occasionally many years after getting clean! I have searched many times over the years but no answer. Perhaps it's some permanent damage the meth or some garbage it was cut with has done.

I guess you sucked the air out of the space between your tongue and your palate, creating a vacuum. I've done that too...

[while i'm here]
Common phenomena, it's gonna hurt like hell.

My only suggestion is to
1.)get some novocaine/high power opiate
2.)do moAr meth
3.)eat peanut butter

Seriously though, that pain is terrible. Makes eating incredibly painful. You'll just have to ride it out brah.

it's likely from meth causing your mouth to dry out combined with it inducing repetitve motions of the tongue.

Dehydration. I know you said you stayed hydrated. But it's almost certainly dehydration, perhaps while you slept.

I'm very familiar with this symptom, and one of the problems with amphetamines is that on top of simply dehydrating you, it also causes your salivary glands to pretty well shut down. After many years my best guess is that the combination of inactive salivary glands and not eating while I use, is going to result all functions of your mouth suddenly going from dormant to hyperactive. It makes sense that it may cause substantial discomfort.