• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants (Meth) Is my brain permanently fucked? Help!

Zapgunn

Bluelighter
I relapsed and went on a meth binge about a week ago after not using for a year. To make a long story short, I shot way too much and ended up going into a psychosis and completely losing my mind. It wasn’t pretty…

It has now been 6 days since that binge ended. I’ve gotten some sleep eaten a bunch of food, and have not used any meth since. My problem is that I have been completely non-functional ever since. I feel exhausted, confused, I can’t pay attention to anything, I have a HEADACHE, and I just feel stupid. I also feel anhedonia, which sucks... Why do I still feel like this so many days after? All I can do is lie around all day feeling foggy and detached. DID I PERMANENTLY FUCK UP MY BRAIN? I keep reading about how neurotoxic meth is.. is it possible that my brain got nuerotoxed (probably not a word but fuck it)? Or does it just take a long time to heal from something like that.

Someone please help, I am so anxious that I fucked my brain up and that I will never be happy again.

^ I'm not a Dr, not that they would be able to offer much assistance in this regard, but I doubt any permanent damage to your brain. Yes Meth is no good for you or me or anyone else. Disruptions to dopamine can cause me to have headaches for sure - When I quit using I had a headache for about 2 weeks, the second week was a light headache compared to the first. I had come off a 9month and 3 week all day and night IV habit so I expected a rough ride but honestly the headache was the worst of it bah the cravings & Craving Nightmares which lasted years but that is manageable of course.

To give you the non-peer reviewed unscientific guesstimate view - I think your body is reminding you that you no longer use Meth and that it is bad for your mind/body and soul. Eat clean whole foods (I'm a fruit and Vege nut), multivitamins and plenty of rest if your body wants it, plenty of exercise cos your body needs it.

Get rid of your sharps - if you're like most of us ex or current meth heads you will have used everything you had so no need to throw out the last of your gear. Take care Zapgunn.

You are Going to Be FINE!

Relax. Take a breathe. You are all right. Your brain is not permanently fucked. It isn't the meth itself, it is a symptom from meths side effects. You have Went days without proper nutrition, hydration or sleep. Do not do this again. Meth is one molecule away from ADD medication, and just like when taking the prescription, you must take care of your body. The human body is AMAZING when it comes to regeneration, but it sounds like you really when at it. How long was your binge? Your body just needs time to heal. You are most likely dehydrated, so you need SPRING water, not tap! Tap water is full of heavy metals and you have enough of those in you right now. BUt those headaches, foggy head? Common side effect from dehydration. Hyper-salivization occurs when your mouth is dry, which lets people pretend like their bodies aren't screaming for water. It is the leading cause of tooth decay in meth users in addition to poor dental hygiene coupled with an increased desire for sugar. Hyper-salivization, that sticky mouth feeling when using, is a symptom of dehydration. It sounds like your body needs tons of spring water, some real rest, AND LOTS OF FRESH VEGGIES!! Your enzymes are completely depleted if you are anything like so many of the meth users I know, when using you didn't eat properly.(I go over the proper diet in the post link below) Or drink nearly enough water. The lack of nutrition and dehydration are the most likely culprits of your symptoms.
Also, remember that all those studies they use to scare us about using meth? Those studies are not scientifically accurate. The data was corrupted before they began due to inequitable pairings for focus and control groups, undefinable variables, and a lack of technology. Many were performed on rats given anywhere from 20 to 100 times (relatively) the amount of meth a human could consume without overdosing.l Several times a day for 7 days in a row. All it those studies prove is that science has certainly come a long way. New studies suggest that many of the reasons that meth is so hard to escape from is because the idea it is inescapable has been programmed into our brain many meth users develop psychosomatic symptoms they would never had if not told they would repeatedly. We are wired to think that meth is dangerous, and turns people into hopeless addicts, and because it is believed, it is so. I am living proof that meth can be used responsibly. and a person can still be healthy.
A new study shows that natural compound resveratrol (found in fruits and veggies) alters the effectiveness from meth use. Researchers found that not only did the resveratrol diminish the amount of dopamine released by methamphetamine; it also lowered the drug’s ability to produce hyperactivity in people who use the stimulant. So if you have a hard time getting away from meth,a diet rich in Resveratrol could help you curb the urge, by making just not work. You may already consume a fair amount of resveratrol. It's found in foods such as peanuts, pistachios, grapes, red and white wine (NEVER DRINK ALCOHOL WHEN USING METH), blueberries, cranberries, and even cocoa and dark chocolate. But always remember, You do the drugs. The drugs do not do you. I posted a pretty thorough method for a system reset here http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/779602-Semi-Suddenly-I-can-no-longer-get-high-Causes
If you have any questions, I have plenty of answers
IceQueen247365

Last edited:
I have no experience with meth, but there's one thing that I'd like to suggest: take the supplements L-DOPA and vitamin B6, Those two chemicals are the precursors to dopamine, therefore, the more of those you have, the more dopamine you produce, and the more you produce the more you release. Whatever plant is in the L-DOPA supplement, contains a chemical similar to levodopa, a parkinson's medication that delivers dopamine direct to the brain in precursor form, so those supplements are the best you're gonna get, and don't even think about using levodopa as it has some nasty side effects that the supplements don't. I just had to say this as I brought up the topic.

Also, it's a proven fact that D1 agonists such as meth cause temporary changes in the density of the dendritic spines on your spiny neurons therefore for about a week your d1 receptors aren't detecting all of the dopamine being released, but it's back to normal in a week.

You should talk to a doctor or medical professional about this. You posted how it's only been 6 days. Give yourself and your body some time to heal, and do not consume any drugs.

I haven't used meth in years, but when I did (ROAs: oral, intranasal, smoked, a few IV'd) for a few years (3?) or so. I used too drink like a fish on meth. Pretty hard core for me: 1/2 bottle tequila (~375mL) per night with enough meth to keep me up until I took 4-mg Xanax and passed out, after a 24- 72 hour session. I would drink tequila from about 8PM to 4AM. Sometimes beer all day too. Non-meth days I drank 4 - 10 beers a day. But most days I was using meth.

(I drink very modesty now. But I do drink, though I do not like the drunk beyond tipsy feeling anymore.)

I do not think this was a good idea, but could someone explain in fairly clinical terms why, what the negative effects may be, are and such?

I loved the combo, and went hard at it. Weed too.

For HR purposes, I'm going with the msg "Do Not Drink while using meth or other amps". I may have escaped, or not, doing so. Read what follows and take seriously. Thanks BL community.

All the best to everyone in the new year.

Last edited: