• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Meth in AUS?

Iodine doesnt balance the pH; its crucial in the reaction.
And the only time iodine is employed in any amphetamine chemistry that i am aware of is turning good all pseudoephedrine into meth; so its gotta be meth; not amphetamine.
Assuming the substances r the same its easy to see why the big opaque crystals r better compared to this base stuff.
One is probably 50% meth (even though its "uncut"); the other is 90-95% meth.
During purification u would go through following stages:
paste --> clean paste ---> small crystals ---> big arse crystals
Of course most paste u see probably is impossible to turn into crystals coz it is not made well enough initially.
Pastey "uncut" base is cut in a sense; just with unknown impurities and reagents. So u need more of it, and it wont have the same feeling.
Another point is that depending on the precursors used the end product while still meth, may be physiologically very different.
U may get dextrometh which is just like dextroamphetamine (DEXIES). Or DL-meth.
People would know that street amphetamine (DL) has different effects (especially on the body) than our humble friend the dexie.
The same would hold for meth.
I dont know however whether meth from pseudoephedrine is DL or only D.
[ 10 December 2001: Message edited by: Biscuit ]

As for answering the original question here is my take.
Speed is a street name; it doesnt really have any chemical relevence.
Its a CNS stimulant of any number of possible amphetamines plus throw in ephedrine, pseudoephedrine, glucose, epsom etc.
Meth is taken to mean meth, but speed does not mean NOT meth.
When people ask for meth, i guess the DD assumes they want it in crystal, uncut form. Ice is sadly becoming a more popular term for VERY well crystallised meth.
Hence the term meth is used to set this stuff apart from the run of the mill "speed".
U dont however ask a DD for amphetamine. U ask for speed, whizz, base etc.
It probably is still meth, its just not the same visually and effects wise as the "meth" which is LABELLED meth.
Best parallel i can think of is (amongst my friends): When an amazing clean MDMA pill is available it generally is actually described as clean MDMA.
However my friends when just talking about average pills, they are called just that: PILLS or Es on occasion. It is ASSUMED that they r MDXX ones, coz everyone knows enough to understand thats what they r after.
So in one case u r using the chemical term coz its more defining - u KNOW what it is u r describing; other cases u r using a street term coz its more collective and not restrictive.
Meth = good quality methylamphetamine.
Speed = some amphetamine/s; often cut down (probably methylamphetamine but who really knows)
MDMA = good clean MDMA pill
Pills/Es = MDXX pill (probably containing MDMA, but who really knows)
[ 11 December 2001: Message edited by: Biscuit ]

Danthemanz I always ask my dealers (theres about 10 of em) for crystally stuff, I dont care if its meth or ice, because as Biscuit said above it, is just so much more potent and is a good sign the makers of it know what there actually doing, but of course crystally stuff is not always available.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't meth (or glass) just methamphetamine in it's purest form (crystals), while base is crushed down glass, maybe cut very slightly (I don't know, say 1:2, or sometimes not cut at all), and speed is base, just more heavily cut (at a guess 1:6, 1:5, 1:4...Depends on your position in the food chain) .....
All the same substance, just different concentrations of what its been cut with (ie. sugar, glucose etc).
Ice is a different substance all together, and I thought rocks technically refers to crack doesn't it (pretty unsure of that one, I have absolutely 0 experience with crack {not even sure you can get it in Aus})?
Just the slang is misused a lot.....

Id be very suprised if at least some of the speed/meth/ice getting around isn't actual ice.. ICe is fairly simple to make from what i have heard, plus there has been a variety of big busts involving huge quantities of ice.
But i agree with others. Most speed wether is be cut with *sugar* meth, yellow, pink, brown or clear rock, crystally looking stuff etc etc is all basically different grades of Meth.
AFAIK, meth seems to give you more of a "head speed up", ie your brain goes fast, but your body still gets worn out. while amphetmine seem to give you the real chargey feeling when you can dance all night and not be buggered.
Ice from what i have read ice is more of a euphoric feeling, very rushy, and very clear headed.

I'd be sure at least some Meth in aus is ICE but possibly not a great deal. A lot of drug busts in Australia refer to large quantities of ICE being seized but as you read further through there report its revealed that indeed it was a methamphetamine bust. The police and media both seem to refer to any substance seized in rock form as ICE and anything seized in powder form as speed. When as we know this is definately not always the case.

Chemical night and Fry d yep of course the cops always call it ice, but it is getting around.Before that big blockoff of Oxford st there was heaps getting around, in fact base and meth were the exception, but now it is in really short supply.
And the effects of ice are different to base and meth, - ie definitely more euphoric and it really gets me much more horny and buzzy too.

just to clarify.
"meth" refers to methylamphetamine which is made illegally from pseudoephedrine (sudafed). You cannot make amphetamine from pseudoephedrine, only methylamphetamine.
amphetamine is made from phenyl-2-propanone and is a little more involved. Amphetamine doesn't have the extra "methyl" group of meth...hence the name, just amphetamine! The wizz on the street is almost guaranteed to be methylamphetamine since it's easier to make and more potent (it has a longer half-life in the body).
Also pure meth is "a white crystalline solid"
Brown gooee shit = dirty solvents and/or reaction contents in the product. Both of which is fucked.
with meth:
A good IV dose of wizz is 30-40mg.
A really strong oral dose is 70mg. Any more and you'll fry.
Did you know that more than 50% of the wizz you take comes out in your urine unchanged.

i doubt that most "cut" speed has ice in it coz the shit is too expensive & the feeling is totally different to base...ice does give you a euphoric feeling but it doesnt last long. It is highly addictive, and has really bad long term effects (some say it is the worst illegal drug on the market). You may here that its a pure drug, but its really very dirty as its synthesised in a chemical lab.
Make sure you know what your getting yourself into before you touch it,coz most people are pretty naive about meth!

Distinguishing between highly refined meth and proper ice has always been an issue I have to deal with. I have noticed that the geometry of the crystal formations differ between the two, as well as the density of the crystals.
Does anybody else notice this, or know more detailed information about the different crystal geometries?? (ie. meth is more trapazoidal and ice is more chunkified)
And about smoking it...does crystal meth(clear colour) leave a coloured residue when you smoke it? Because I know that proper ice does not. Is it possible to have crystal meth at a extremely highly refined state that it also does not leave a coloured residue?
Can anyone reccomend a better "Ice info" website than this one:
http://www.methamphetamineaddiction.com/methamphetamine_ice.html

reasonably pure crystal meth leaves a white-ish brown residue when smoked... but the brown bit is from the impurities. but i think it also depends if the flame is left on it for toooo long and it get burnt.
M

Popper: u r right but dont forget methylamphetamine can be made from P2P too.
Personally i think quite a bit of meth would follow this route, especially coming from Asia. This is the industrial scale meth synth. Its what Sigma Pharmaceuticals would use to make billions of those little dexamphetamine tablets. Making meth no different; just substitute one chemical for another; otherwise identical.
Enormous quantities can be made, of far greater purity than the backyard ephedrine reaction.
Making from P2P also definitely gives a racemic product; that is roughly equal amounts D and L. (see post above) = very strong effects both in the mind and body.
I think u'll find u can distinguish meth and 4-MAR with the orgininal EZ test.
"Ice" which is actually meth will fizz instantly to orange/brown. 4-MAR: i am not sure what colour, but doubt very much it'll be orange.
[ 14 December 2001: Message edited by: Biscuit ]

i was just having this debate with a mate of mine on sat nite! hehe as i had remembered reading a previous thread on BL about this topis and about most 'speed' and 'base' in oz being meth and not amphetamines! he didn't beleive me as he's a rather big user of crystal meth and knows that its a diff feeling when u take that to taking speed so thought they were diff substances. i proved him wrong when i tested his 'speed' which he thought was amphetmaines with an xtreme tester and it came back blue testing positive for meth. i also tested the base which i had cut up into speed myself and it also tested for meth. i also know from reading pilltest.com that the majority of speed bomb pills found in this country and tested are meth and not amphetamines.
also curious to knwo if anyone has tried smoking 'speed' or base meth whatever u wanna call it (not crystals) as it takes a LOT less of it to give u the same effect as snorting or eating it if its amphetmaines so wondering if thats also true of meth!!

The EZ-Xtreme works quite well, there should be no confusion about a blue result, because it's a multi-stage test.
Phase 1: EZ Test (Qualitative test to see what *kind* of chemicals are in the sample) - Orange=Speed/Meth, Purple/Black=MDA/MDxx, Yellow/Green=2C-B, Smoke/Grey= DXM
Phase 2: EZ Supreme (Qualitative test for presence of *secondary amine*) - Clear=Primary Amine (speed if test 1 was orange, or MDA if test 1 was purple), Blue=Secondary Amine (meth if test 1 was orange or MDxx if test 1 was purple).
So if you test something positive for speed/meth using test 1 (ie. an orange result) you can then use test 2 do determine whether you have the primary amine (amphetamine) or the secondary amine (methamphetamine). Same goes for purple/black results... test 2 will tell the difference between the presence of MDA or MDMA/MDEA. (NB: EZ-Xtreme cannot determine the difference between MDMA and MDEA as both are secondary amines - either will give a positive reaction to test 2, after a purple/black test 1).
BigTrancer :)
[ 18 December 2001: Message edited by: BigTrancer ]

Biscuit: Sigma aldrich don't use the P2P method because it makes racemic amphetamine (it's not a stereoselective synthesis). They make only the "D" isomer - that's why it's called dextroamphetamine.
I've read the patent for making it and it's very involved, with very specific organic halides needed. No illicit lab would use their technique.
The pseudoephedrine reduction produces only the d-isomer of wizz so it's a better quality product. The d-isomer is more potent.
Just to help out....
meth= methamphetamine - chuppachup:so it is an amphetamine.
And no, your mate cannot tell the difference between methamphetamine and amphetamine - you are getting different quality/cut wizz every time.
base= a freebase drug. (any drug opioids, amphetamines...)
base does not mean purer!
You can turn the freebase into the hydrchloride salt at home with pool acid (hydrochloric acid)
You can turn the hydrochloride salt into base at home with (caustic soda, toluene and a separatory funnel - a coke bottle can be made into one)
Base doesn't dissolve in water and melts at a lower temperature (better for smoking). Base dissolves in acetone, toluene, benzene, ether, hexane.
The HCl salt does dissolve nicely in water, methanol, ethanol and really slightly in acetone.
IT'S THE SAME DRUG!!! You are just removing a hydrochloric acid group from the drug changing it's solubility.
Don't believe shit dealers tell you about drugs!
If you can smell formic acid (dead ant smell) in your wizz it's P2P method.
If it's red/pink that's probably red phosphorous from the pseudo reduction.
If you can't smell anything nasty and it's white congratulations you have some decent wizz.
[ 18 December 2001: Message edited by: popper ]

Popper: you r right, my mistake. For some stupid reason i presumed they would separate the isomers later.
But the P2P method is still the one for very large scale synths.
The word "BASE" on the streets unfortunately has no chemical connotation; which is misleading.
Using freebase is probably the better term so to avoid confusion.
From what i have read, i understand the L isomer to have significant peripheral stimulation effects.
The D is definitely the desired one; but it may explain y meth presumedly from pseudoephedrine is less physically stimulating, and more of a mental high. Its all very set and setting i know.
Thanks Popper, that now confirms that two samples of meth, one produced from pseudoephedrine, and the other from P2P (would be rarer) would have different effects.
Its like comparing the effects of dexies to racemic "street" amphetamine. (although considering how rare that drug is, who knows who has actually had it.)

Go here and see what pure wizz looks like when it's been recrystallised from ethanol and acetone. It takes days to grow crystals like this.
It's all hydrochloride salt. The second pic takes a while to load but it's worth it.
Clean Wizz
[ 18 December 2001: Message edited by: popper ]