• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth- How much water is enough water?

Icequeenashley

Greenlighter
Hello. So I have very bad anxiety and perhaps thats the reason I only begun noticing this but my veins get really small when I get high?? It kinda freaks me out and I assume Im dehydrated. How much water should I take to rehydrate? Thank you.

Veins also shrink because the meth causes them to constrict as one of its basic mechanisms, so you might not be too bad. Either way, make sure you drink plenty of fluids (in general - could also be tea, milk etc) - enough that your urine is light-yellow to clear, and that you're going a few times a day at least.

Id drink Gatorade or Pedialyte, as they both have electrolytes (which helps rehydrate you). Meth is a stimulant, which in turn causes vasoconstriction, as well as other similar problems (high BP, tachycardia, etc.). Thats a "normal" reaction when you take it.

actually dehydration, at least in healthy individuals, shrinks the skin and thus bulges the veins. This is evident in body builders during a show, or whatever they're called.

I'd agree that it's prolly closer to a sign of high blood pressure, and a physical response to needles, if that's your ROA. remember to ALWAYS STAY HYDRATED WHEN ON STIMULANTS

actually dehydration, at least in healthy individuals, shrinks the skin and thus bulges the veins. This is evident in body builders during a show, or whatever they're called.

Dehydration does not "bulge" the veins. In fact, it causes the veins to depress (sink from the surface). You're bodybuilder example is hardly evidence. Where you even got the idea that body builders are dehydrated is unfathomable. Body builder veins bulge because they have a low body fat percentage. This is true for other athletic builds, such as cyclists. Body fat percentage can also be attributed to the fact that men's veins are more prominent than women's as men have a lower body fat percentage than women.

As for vasodilation, a few methods I use are taking maximum strength asprin 30 minutes before slamming, or having two shots of hard liquor. Both act as a vasodilator and blood thinner. The blood-thinning effect may help prevent the formation of blood clots.