• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth high won't end

Funkyuggo

Greenlighter
So I've been using meth for a while now I have a whole routine behind it but this time something weird's happening. Normally meth lasts for 12 hours then I crash. Today however I finished what I had left about 24 hours ago but I'm still decently high. I'm not complaining I wanted to stay high longer but I'm very confused and curious about what could be happening.

So I've been using meth for a while now I have a whole routine behind it but this time something weird's happening. Normally meth lasts for 12 hours then I crash. Today however I finished what I had left about 24 hours ago but I'm still decently high. I'm not complaining I wanted to stay high longer but I'm very confused and curious about what could be happening.

How do you use it? I think drugs are a very individual thing and there are also psychological factors that we aren't always aware of. Like I'm usually up 72 hours and in that time I only use about 0.2g meth (smoked). People are amazed sometimes that I'm so "lightweight". But with downers I can function on more than most people.

The psychological factors I'm talking about are when I feel like absolute hell and then out of nowhere I have this "second wind" for maybe 12 hours. I don't know what that's about but I just enjoy it! 😊

It could be a different drug, different isomer ratio meth, a cut, or body chemistry. No way to know without testing the meth.

Meth's half life can exceed 10 hours, meaning that it could take over 24 hours to reduce the concentration in your body to an 1/8 of the initial dose you took. With the unpredictability and variability of the human body (not to mention street drugs) and with half of the meth you initially took still in your system after 10 hours, it's not unreasonable to think meth would last as long as it did for you. Elimination half life and discernible effects do not correlate directly but generally the longer a drug is in your body the more opportunity it has to interact with it.

On the continued assumption of body chemistry, there is a quality i've found with amphetamine that I want to mention. A day after late night use (as long as I get sleep) I find myself being in a better mood and a bit sharper for most of the day, as if i'm still high.

The euphoric high of meth can easily last for 12 hours, while the wakefulness/insomnia can keep going for at least another 24 without you feeling any perceptible crash or comedown. You may only begin to feel the crash/comedown at about 36-48 hours. It depends on dose, your physiology, ongoing pattern of use, batch potency and probably more stuff. It may even be possible to sleep a little while after being high for 12-24 hours and wake up feeling fine for a few hours only then crash and feel the comedown. Especially if you took a short acting benzo to sleep.

Yeah, methamphetamine can leave you tweaked for multiple days, even after last use, but it's definitely more likely to happen if you had ingested a large amount cumulatively.

I found this out the hard way, in solitary confinement, "sleeping" on a frigid concrete floor, after being picked up on charges after a very short prolific bender, in which I ingested at least half a gram intravenously (plus 4 tabs of LSD preceding it throughout the day) in a short period of time.

It took me 48-72 hours to regain some semblance of sanity, as of course, the good jail doctor simply thought it prudent to ensure I raw dog one of the worst, insanely long & delusional comedowns of my life, despite my insistence I had prescriptions outside for anti-psychotics that would help immensely.

Despite the brutality I felt in my week in solitary, it was basically a spiritual experience for me and a major turning point in my life.

Meth lasts for however tf long it damn well pleases, it seems.

I found this out the hard way, in solitary confinement, "sleeping" on a frigid concrete floor, after being picked up on charges after a very short prolific bender, in which I ingested at least half a gram intravenously (plus 4 tabs of LSD preceding it throughout the day) in a short period of time.

It took me 48-72 hours to regain some semblance of sanity, as of course, the good jail doctor simply thought it prudent to ensure I raw dog one of the worst, insanely long & delusional comedowns of my life, despite my insistence I had prescriptions outside for anti-psychotics that would help immensely.

Despite the brutality I felt in my week in solitary, it was basically a spiritual experience for me and a major turning point in my life.
I didn't need to read the second and third paragraphs to know where this was going, but I did. That sounds like a very intense experience, can't even imagine the state of mind

I found this out the hard way, …[SNIP to quote] …after a very short prolific bender, in which I ingested at least half a gram intravenously (plus 4 tabs of LSD preceding it throughout the day) in a short period of time.
I did not know this. There but for the grace of God…😢🫶my brother…

Yeah the meth I've smoked always keeps me up for days on end, it's one of the reasons I don't touch it these days. Fun drug but fuck I got a life to run. If it only lasted 12 hours that'd be great but I don't think I've ever slept sooner than 2 days after a hit.

I did not know this. There but for the grace of God…😢🫶my brother…
Holy smokes I just realized it's memorial day weekend and this whole damn shit bunch of circumstances happened precisely a year ago.

Of course I got thrown in the clink shortly before a damn 3 day weekend so there was like this beautiful sense of "hey this dude can't make bail so let's let him sweat all damn weekend until his public defender can get in and argue the bail down, since neither he nor his family has, ya know, actual money".

Holy smokes I just realized it's memorial day weekend and this whole damn shit bunch of circumstances happened precisely a year ago.

Of course I got thrown in the clink shortly before a damn 3 day weekend so there was like this beautiful sense of "hey this dude can't make bail so let's let him sweat all damn weekend until his public defender can get in and argue the bail down, since neither he nor his family has, ya know, actual money".
We are veering off topic… but I have to say…

So much for the ‘land of the free…’… here it’s almost impossible not to get bailed for anything short or vehicular homicide under the influence, murder, or commercial drug trafficking.

What you described would have resulted in pretty much immediate police supervised hospitalisation probably leading to you being sectioned for a couple of weeks in a locked psychiatric ward. But that’s the worst case. Once you were moderately coherent you’d more likely be bailed on your own recognisance. Especially on a weekend or holiday.

For me, when I use the right amount my high tends to last a decent 48 hours. If I use on a Thursday and Friday, I'll still be high on Saturday then I'll sleep a couple of hours on Saturday night and then wake up pretty early on Sunday morning feeling pretty refreshed but eventually later that day I start feeling a bit tired. I have to admit I don't tend to get many negative side effects from meth use though so I'm relatively unusual in that respect. I don't get a crash, and I don't get the awful anxiety during the comedown. My dexamphetamine prescription no doubt assists with that though.