• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants METH- Did I over-amp?

ailat2111

Greenlighter
Heyyo,
So, about 16 years ago I'd stayed up all night smoking with Krystal. Around 8am I took another hit, got into my car, went about two blocks, blacked out. I made it to my friend's house about six blocks away and even made the right turn into his driveway. No seizure, etc. Felt a little hazy but then was fine.
Fast-forward to 2014 (no usage from then until now; when this incident happened I'd been using heavily for around 9 months). I'd been smoking with Krystal again, took a hit, sat on the couch and blacked out for around 4 minutes. I "woke up" to my friends asking me what my name was, etc. My mind was very fuzzy, I knew the answers but couldn't articulate them. After about ten minutes I was fine. No seizures, etc.
Is that what they call over-amping?

This sounds much more concerning than overamping. Overamping to my understanding is taking an amount of amp that starts to cause paradoxical effects like drowsiness and slowed thinking. While you did have the dulled mind it sounds like this was something more than overamping. You might want to see a doctor before continuing amp use.

We can't diagnose anything over the internet, obviously, but it's possible your heart went into atrial fibrillation from overstimulation and you blacked out.

I have been blacking out on crystal meth (in New York state). It only happens when I go to sleep, and a few hours in, i wake up in a state of panic and terror, trying to avoid being killed, and I ran around my neighborhood at 3am, for 4, hours about, not realizing what I was doing. I remember every detail vividly, then eventually I snapped out of it and realized what I was doing, I jumped out of my bed, just in boxers...and started running and hiding... scary shit..
The second night I woke up middle night, ran to the park, and snapped out of it an hour later ...this happens even days after I stopped meth...so your not alone Buddy..I'm wondering if what I had was sone sort of psychotic episode or maybe a meth analogue?

there are no men in this world, only small boxer shorts.

You do not need a full physical seizure reaction to be seizing.
It could be just a single muscle twitching or none at all, and your brain can still be in seizure.
Also your heart malfunctioning can deprive your brain of oxygen cause the black you out as CFC mentioned.
But we cannot know over the internet, you might want to look at getting an EEG and EKG done.