• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth comedown harm reduction tips

Tuftypanda

Greenlighter
Okay so from a recent experience with this horrible substance oh, I thought I would post some things that will help others during this specific come down. Mine was a one-night use, so things would definitely be different if you're a long-time user but maybe some of these things will help you too.

About 30 minutes after last Puff, I took a 600 mg gabapentin. About 1 hour after that I started sipping a chelada beer. I don't think the beer was very helpful. Between sips of that I alternated between plain water, emergen-c water, and magnesium water. I took .5 mg of Klonopin about 3 hours after last Puff, also 50mg Benadryl. At this point I still had a very heavy heartbeat, a lot of panic and anxiety. I waited another couple hours and took another .5 mg of Klonopin. I continued with the water, magnesium water, and vitamin c water all day. I added in some 5-HTP about the 12 hour mark. At the evening time I took about 50 mg of Seroquel, maybe a little more I bit it in half as Seroquel tends to knock me out too hard and I had to get up this morning but the partial dose still did its job and I was able to fall asleep.

This morning I found that I felt a little better, I'm still very anxious so I took a 25 mg of Benadryl and 1200 mg of gabapentin. Sipping coffee and had a bang Co Q10 energy shot. Focusing on hydration and the reality that this substance absolutely sucks. I hope this helps anybody who has to go through this kind of come down. I do enjoy many kinds of party favors and I have to say this substance whether it's pure or something else is cut with it, I absolutely hate it. I don't know why the come down is so bad on me other than I already have an existing anxiety disorder.

If this one happens to be your cup of tea, I strongly urge you to stock up on a few benzos, magnesium, vitamin c, 5-HTP or l-theanine I hear works good too. I strongly believe if I had hydrated during the stuff and taking the vitamins before I was feeling bad it might have lessened the misery. Best of luck to anyone who wants to dabble in that.

Also on a side note I forgot to mention I don't know if the gabapentin really helps, it's my prescription that I frequently take. So feel free to skip that one if you're trying these tips

As the day goes on, there's fatigue. Oranges and unsalted peanuts are helping, along with plenty of water. The misery is dissolving into regular sleepiness. I had another 25mg of benedryl, that's helping the anxiety.

Some good advice? Have a rough plan in place before using excessive CNS stimulants like this.

Have a plan prior to the comedown initiating so you have at least some small logic involved in the process. Dont engage in Methamphetamine use if you dont already have your way down secured.

Every time that I've ever been on a true Amphetamine bender, it has ended with me inevitably crawling around downtown searching out Benzodiazepines. I really understand how the whole chem-sex thing can be a really dangerous path.

I fully agree. I'm through it now at 35 hours. I was fortunate enough to have the benzos though I used them very sparingly. I don't know how much I smoked, 3 hours maybe 10-15 hits. Regardless, never again for me. I don't have this problem with anything else except maybe whiskey when it's excessive.

Sounds like you gave yourself an anxiety attack early on there, man.
Just take it for what it is as the nesessary counter to getting really high.
A bad comedown means youve got a healthy brain and its just re adjusting itself.
The only way you're gonna get around a crash is daily use. Gotta take the bad with the good.

Daily use sounds horrible to me. After some more research, seroquel is good for ending a high as well. I used it to bring a friend down, crazy times it seems a lot of people are using to excess. Seroquel I used halves, about 50mg every 6 hours or so. She came down easy, munchies and naps. I don't think she had the anxiety attack I had. Also she had me, I had no one so a sober, understanding friend could be a big factor as well.

I found that other antipsychotics besides seroquel also work well. I have tried 20mg Abilify each day for 3 days following last hit of meth and experienced no anxiety/depression/terror on comedown as I do without an antipsychotic or benzos. Personally, I think the antipsychotic is superior to benzos for taking the horror out of the comedown but the benzo is still necessary to aid sleep. Of course, with seroquel you get sleep as well and I’ve happily managed comedowns with just seroquel and no benzos at all. I’ve found that with Abilify I only need 5-10 mg of diazepam to nod off around 8-10 hours after last hit on a 48 hour binge. No need to waste a lot of benzos trying to knock yourself out.

i always go for xanax maybe 3 or 4mg or valium 40mg. lots of water. vitamins and am prescribed 400mg sereqouel. this does the trick every time. usually after i take my last hit of the session, I'm pretty over it. so i take the benzos like 20 minutes after my last hit. ( also been taking benzos for years so have a tolerance)

benzos perfect for the anxiety
sereqouel to minimize how fucked up meth makes your brain. can end a bad trip very quickly.