Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Meth and Trance

yep meth is for metal imo...just ask Lemme from Motorhead! Louie Louie

yep meth is for metal imo...just ask Lemme from Motorhead! Louie Louie
lol Lemme was a bit of a speed freak!

In all honesty though, I have a pet dislike of people who can only listen to music on a certain drug.

I really LOVE music and can be a bit of a music snob. If you have to have a drug to enjoy music then I dont really think you like music

It's interesting reading about what music people like and on what drugs. Hard style seems a very hit and miss one, i'm like laugh, sus, mister and probably others (i only read this page) i really am not into it at all. It's probably one of the only types of EDM that i haven't liked at all, ever.

I've been thru stages of liking such stuff as (and still do with some of these) Techno, DNB, English breakbeat and happy hard, techno, breakcore and hardcore, house, trance, anthems, psytrance, chill out music and down tempo, probably more. I've enjoyed them all on speed, mdxx's, lsd, pot, alcohol, it's hard to specify which ones i'd actually prefer to listen to on what drugs, i usually enjoyed them on whatever was around at the time. Live gigs and hip hop and battle dj's or scratch dj's have been fun to goto see/hear live as well, with usually not so much focus on drugs then for me. Never really been a fan of metal music.

Metal is a watershed for music lovers, most people either love it or hate it, there doesn't seem to be much middle ground. I really like some metal but most of it is total garbage, like most music really. Good bands/artists in any genre can usually be appreciated by anyone even of you don't like the style but in every genre there seems to only be a handful of people who do it well, the rest are hacks. I only really like 5 or 6 metal bands and I loath most of the rest, the same with hip hop. I think a lot of people think of metal musicians as creepy weirdos but most of the good ones are really nice, intelligent people and don't write songs about skinning babies or stupid shit like that. Meshuggah especially have some awesome lyrics, the subject matter is quite dark but a lot of life is dark and listening to a band that can express those dark emotions and sides of life really well is such an empowering feeling, it's like accepting and then appreciating a kind of chaos. Good metal gives me a feeling that no other music can do, it's such a carnal, primal feeling and when it's good and I'm the mood it's almost intoxicating -not intoxicating in the way other great artists make you feel, it's more of a primitive, animalistic intoxication, listening to it blasting through your headphones while walking down a busy street can be so good.

I like fast non-electronic music while on the gear with a couple beers. Hip hop is good also. offspring, nofx type stuff - the same things I listened to when I was a 'punk rocker' about a decade ago :\ some metal is good also.

Trance is for ecstasy and/or tripping for me. And that's about all I can handle :)

Also one of my friends kept annoying me (and everybody else sitting around us) because she told me how much she loved me and how awesome it was every 30 seconds. That sounds kind of mean, i love getting lovey on md but at the time it kind of ruined it for me.

Haha I get what you mean, it's like we all know that we love each other and that we're having an awesome time, but by repeating this every couple minutes is frustrating instead of either having a real conversation or enjoying the music.

Also i love my metal music, it was the majority of the music I listened to up until about 4 years ago. I've always had a widespread taste in music though. At one stage my 3 favourite solo artists were Marilyn Manson, John Farnham and Eminem. You can't get much more diverse then that. The current metal scene I can't stand to it of the previous 5-10 years. Alot of the heavy metal and Punk Metal I love is now overshadowed by bands that use screaming too much. It's like people who get into metal now enjoy the scream with lyrics that you need to read or hear dozens of times before you can hear what they're saying. Alot of other metal bands though are very talented musicians and often sing about highly political issues, System Of A Down and Rise Against ring to mind, but as I said the scene is now sadly dominated by bands that are hate filled hacks with no vocal talent.

Metal festivals are not a good place for MDMA either, I'll still love the songs that I already love, but if it's songs I'm not already familiar with it's just not that enjoyable and I'll wish I was listening to something else.
Meth on the other hand is good at metal festivals, it gives you energy and pumps you up to be in amongst the crowd however this often gives makes douche bag muscly metal heads think of it as away to get borderline on violent in amongst the mosh pit which I see as people missing the point.

Ultimately Trance and MDMA are the best combo I've seen of all drugs with music I've experimented with. Trance is based on building up to epic moments of songs that people wait and wait and wait for and when it gets there it's perfect. I have no doubt that all trance dj's have this in mind when writing songs, getting the best out of someones drug is a great way to make a song if thats your target audience.

Haha I get what you mean, it's like we all know that we love each other and that we're having an awesome time, but by repeating this every couple minutes is frustrating instead of either having a real conversation or enjoying the music.

Also i love my metal music, it was the majority of the music I listened to up until about 4 years ago. I've always had a widespread taste in music though. At one stage my 3 favourite solo artists were Marilyn Manson, John Farnham and Eminem. You can't get much more diverse then that. The current metal scene I can't stand to it of the previous 5-10 years. Alot of the heavy metal and Punk Metal I love is now overshadowed by bands that use screaming too much. It's like people who get into metal now enjoy the scream with lyrics that you need to read or hear dozens of times before you can hear what they're saying. Alot of other metal bands though are very talented musicians and often sing about highly political issues, System Of A Down and Rise Against ring to mind, but as I said the scene is now sadly dominated by bands that are hate filled hacks with no vocal talent.

Good post. I can't stand the over the top screaming with nothing behind it, rise against and system of a down are good examples of doing it right. MXE is really good for metal festivals surprisingly :p

Good post. I can't stand the over the top screaming with nothing behind it, rise against and system of a down are good examples of doing it right. MXE is really good for metal festivals surprisingly :p

only until some huge dude beats you for no reason while you're holing. I had a friend who got his eyebrow piercings ripped out while tripping.

love Sasha and Digweed....true pioneers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6DeWawB430

This is rare footage of Sasha in 1990, this is when MDMA and dance really took off....oh and yeah when pills were good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSgNkni38g0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIPz78K7zG8&feature=relmfu

full video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgwCv9lyPug&feature=related
This was my yoof, the fashion is shit but the drugs were good

You can almost smell a room full of people on MDMA, a vibe unlike any other.

MDMA is beautiful

Last edited:
Last edited:
I went to a few happy valleys, really good times.. The cops came cos of noise complaints at 1 or 2 and the promoters turned the music right down for a while till they left and then thumped it back up and everyone went wild.

Did you happen to goto Tribal 1 mister? At the end of some dead end road in Alex or Botany. Thousands of people just kept pouring in all night, 2 rooms of ravers going mental...(i went to most of the tribal parties.)

Here's mixed beans 2 which i also really enjoyed. It's morning and the sun is lighting up the warehouse and lots of people have left, so you can imagine how packed it was.

Mixed Beans 2 Rave - 2.10.1993 - Alexandria - Sydney Australia

http://youtu.be/0Z5U3bg3nfE

Last edited:
love Sasha and Digweed....true pioneers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6DeWawB430

This is rare footage of Sasha in 1990, this is when MDMA and dance really took off....oh and yeah when pills were good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIPz78K7zG8&feature=relmfu

full video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgwCv9lyPug&feature=related
This was my yoof, the fashion is shit but the drugs were good

You can almost smell a room full of people on MDMA, a vibe unlike any other.

MDMA is beautiful

Finally someone who appreciates decent music:) Sasha and Digweed are awesome, seen them together a few times in EU at a really close knit invitation only party:) Went off, no feeling is better than being high on MDMA at 11 in the morning dancing in the sun with sunnies on:) The vibe is awesome, its one of those things u cant explain but im sure many of you have experienced mdma in a similar setting know what im talking about:)

I went to a few happy valleys, really good times.. The cops came cos of noise complaints at 1 or 2 and the promoters turned the music right down for a while till they left and then thumped it back up and everyone went wild.

Did you happen to goto Tribal 1 mister? At the end of some dead end road in Alex or Botany. Thousands of people just kept pouring in all night, 2 rooms of ravers going mental...(i went to most of the tribal parties.)

Yes I did, the early 90's in Sydney rocked. I know people now argue about this subject but look at it from this point of view.......ecstasy and house music was something that nobody had experienced before in Aus. Australia was all hard rock, westies and farkin drinkin loads of piss.

1990 Out of the blue come house and pills and it was something quite extraordinary. Pubs in the city would have DJ's playing till morning, no coppers, no dogs because nobody knew what this was. I remember doing lines off the bar and the bar staff being as off chops as us (Bentley Bar, cricketers arms), smoking joints in the beer garden all day long without a blink of an eye. It was an amazing time where you felt a part of something. Going to the Court House in Oxford street at 7am and smoking joints, blowing the smoke out of the windows and dancing. Very little violence, everyone was off chops

Im not knocking what we have now because some of the music today is brilliant!! Id say music has evolved and is great today, but you have no idea what it was like back then. Without being one of those "I was there" people. Im kinda proud to say I was part of the ecstasy generation.

Pills were better then