• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Meth and Trance

Im not even sure why we are talking about this and definitely dont understand why are we comparing Meth to MDMA. Nothing will ever match MDMA's music enhancement. I find that LSD enhances music almost as much as MDMA. Cant quite put my finger on it but it really does make you hear every single sound and also notice sounds that you dont normally pay attention to in that music, its incredible none the less:)

Indeed. Listening to music on LSD...nothing short of amazing...every individual layer of the music is heard and enhanced...not to mention the synesthesia. %)

On a slightly different note, although related, has anyone found very subtle but similar affects with marijuana? I rarely smoke it, but have found, on a much smaller scale, it can also seem to differentiate the sounds and levels of music. Being a muso I have a keen ear anyway, but I have noticed it enhances this somewhat, if only minutely...

^ absolutely. i think the main reason i smoke cannabis nowadays is the way it interacts with playing and listening to music.
and i take acid for other reasons as well - but the playing/listening to of music is enormously enhanced under its effects as well.
i don't like mdma's effects on music as much - as i think it changes what you appreciate about music...which isn't necessarily helpful for me. i can see why people can really dig that though.

LSD is the ultimate drug for music, it makes music you love sound better, not music you can normally tolerate sound good like mdma, LSD makes you feel every note in a organic way, similar to weed but time 100.

I have had great times at raves on mdma but listening to some coltrane with headphones on while on a high dose of LSD is a spiritual experience

I know this post contradicts itself and kinda supports the original sentiment, but it makes sense to me

[Hardstyle] and the shitty scene and aggressiveness that goes with it. At least that is the case in melbourne. FUCK YEAH BUBBLE!

Hardstyle rules bro. It's fucking sick, ayyy. At least you don't get a bunch of lip-chewing fairies at a hardstyle show wanting to hug everyone and talk about aura and other shit.
Hardstyle is also excellent because of the bass. it's like, bass, but more. Bass is like meth: Always better when there's more.

stay away from trance, i hear it has some major health problems, it may effect your ability to appreciate decent music in the future

meth on the other hand is great for concerts if you feel like drinking loads of booze and not falling over

Or take meth and not even show up at the trance event, ive actually seen that happen a few times already lol!!!

Hardstyle rules bro. It's fucking sick, ayyy. At least you don't get a bunch of lip-chewing fairies at a hardstyle show wanting to hug everyone and talk about aura and other shit.
Hardstyle is also excellent because of the bass. it's like, bass, but more. Bass is like meth: Always better when there's more.

If you're talking about Hardstyle 2001 - 2005. The shit they are trying to pass off as Hardstyle these days is anything but...Schranz, Hard Techno and Industrial Hardcore + Meth.That music compliments it more than any other.

Personally Meth makes me to aware of what's going on around me and distracts me form the music. Also I find that after a couple of hours it all gets to much for me and need to chill out for a bit. I in no way compares to a decent MD buzz. Meth sucks.

Or take meth and not even show up at the trance event, ive actually seen that happen a few times already lol!!!

Or take meth and spend the whole night at a trance show you REALLY wanted to go to sitting either out the front smoking or in the car smoking meth. But it's okay; because that's what EVERYONE else there is doing, except for seven losers actually on the dancefloor, LOVING the music, feeling euphoric, and not thinking about how they could kill themselves in an amusing way, just to kill the boredom that life has become. FUCK that shit; pills are for losers.

If you're talking about Hardstyle 2001 - 2005. The shit they are trying to pass off as Hardstyle these days is anything but...Schranz, Hard Techno and Industrial Hardcore + Meth.That music compliments it more than any other.

Old hardstyle sucks. there's not enough bass. I want them to bring out all the old trance classics I love, but with earthshaking reverse bass. And every album comes free with an 8th of shard.

MDMA is way more awesome to club on than say meth. Ur from Holland and Im sure u would of sampled a lot of the pills we got in Hungary back in the 2000's which contained a mixture of mdma and a small amount of meth / sulphate. The pilsl were very euphoric resembling typical MDMA effects along with the incredible increased energy that meth provides.

I tend to agree and have also been wondering where has this hardstyle trend come from? Where I am in West Sydney everyone seems to be crazy about it. I personally hate it and annoys the hell out of me. Pills were made for house music just like psychedelics and psytrance. IMO its not just about what music you generally love listening to.

I used to hate psytrance and ever since my mate put it on whilst we were tripping hard I have been loving it since but only when Im tripping. Even dubstep I dont understand, Ive tried it and to that music no matter how high I am I cant move my body to it. Imo the whole purpose is to feel, see and hear the music that u normally wouldnt sober.

Trance / house and similar genres are perfect for this as it gives u fast beats 135-145 BPM etc. I tend to love progressive music from progressive trance, progressive house, psy progressive etc. Something that builds up, makes u crave the beat and plays with ur mind.

Its just amazing when ur rolling and ur waiting for the beat to start and having this melody (with no bass) going for 30 seconds up to few minute even which eventually kicks in and everyones hands are in the air and cheering:) Ahh takes me back to the old days ahhh. Who ever says MDMA is no good to party on or for losers is just plain crazy or has yet to experience the wonders of molly + friends and music. Meth makes me anti social, sober head and doesnt really enhance the music for me all that much.

Old hardstyle sucks. there's not enough bass. I want them to bring out all the old trance classics I love, but with earthshaking reverse bass. And every album comes free with an 8th of shard.

Sorry for OT but huh? There is no reverse bass or any bass in recent hardstyle. Reverse bass was a characteristic of early hardstyle - reverse bass and gated kicks. :p

Im sure its not true for some people who like hardstyle, but in western Sydney hardstyle is usually associated with "lads" who wear caps, Canterbury tops and bum bags in fully sick cars, Southern Cross sticker on the rear with the windows down pumping the music so load it must damage their ears, usually accompanied by ultra skinny unhealthy looking women with stains on their tracksuits, shuffling lol.

I know that's generalising but unfortunately its mostly true.

Hardstyle sounds very different up in Sydney to down here in Melbourne.

But back to OP, I'm with the majority here, MDMA is way better then meth for trance. Meth doesn't enhance music the way that MDMA does. Meth will mostly just give heaps of energy on the df and you'll feel pumped up, but no amazing feelings like you get with MDMA.

MDMA & trance = win

silver medal goes to LSD

Meth is a god send to djs though, try mixing with md eye wobbles haha i used to have enough trouble just reading my phone

hardstyle and dubstep i would rather go to an industrial saw mill and listen to the machinery...

MDMA was made for all styles of house.

Jungle and drum & bass seems to attract a lot of crack use in the UK for some reason

Personally Meth makes me to aware of what's going on around me and distracts me form the music. Also I find that after a couple of hours it all gets to much for me and need to chill out for a bit. I in no way compares to a decent MD buzz. Meth sucks.

Pretty much summed it up for me.

I use meth as a tool to help me use other drugs for a longer time :p

I don't think meth really enhances any music style the way MDMA does. Although I was pretty partial to a bit of meth and some DnB back in the day.

To me, no amount of any drug will make hardstyle bearable. I heard some hardstyle at a former trance / hard trance club a few years back whilst on MDMA and still couldn't stand it! From what I could see of the whole hardstyle / shuffling scene it was like an affront to what electronic music was about. Too much agro and the whole competitive dance off shuffling crap with people standing around judging you is out of place. I will point out that the hard dance scene was still less removed from what raves were about than the Brostep scene of today. Seriously, moshing / wall of death / circle jerk pits ? Keep that shit away from electronic music already. I’m sure brostep is a by-product of the global MDMA crisis.

What is reverse bass? I understand side-chained gated bass, it's a sweet technique for electronic music but I've never heard of reverse bass, is it a proper term?

I like meth and music, especially for live gigs, MDMA while amazing generally makes me forget half the show, I find I have a better time if i go to a gig sober and then drop some md when it's over so I can revel in how awesome the show was. I went to sigur ros a few years ago and dropped a pill and while I know I had a good time I can hardly remember it which kind of sucks because it was unbelievably awesome. Also one of my friends kept annoying me (and everybody else sitting around us) because she told me how much she loved me and how awesome it was every 30 seconds. That sounds kind of mean, i love getting lovey on md but at the time it kind of ruined it for me. The right dose of meth and live music is great - you're still able to process what's happening, you still get super excited and you have the energy to boogie down. I love going to metal gigs on meth, it amplifies the raw power of the music and you can really get into it and cut loose. I'm going to radiohead next month (oh my god I can't wait!) and I'll definitely be taking a little bit of speed or meth for it.

Trance and pretty much all electronic dance is the boat that left me on the island when it comes to music, I can appreciate it and i know its great to dance to at a rave but the music itself is pretty lifeless, it's too formulaic and cold, I don't understand how people can sit at home listening to it. I know opinions on music are like nipples, everybody has them but I'd take a good gig or a 'band' over a rave or dance music any day of the week.