• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Meth and feeling “normal” on it and weight gain

Skrilith

Bluelighter
So idk what it is, I’m guessing just my chemical imbalance or preexisting undiagnosed shit, I can eat WAY more on speed than I can normally. Normally my stomach is constantly upset. I can’t sleep, I am depressed as fuck, I can’t eat and don’t want to because I’m either stressed or hyper focused on my weight. Not a tolerance thing. I CAN stay awake on it. But I still go to bed everyday before my boyfriend who just drinks. Sleep fine. I just don’t get how other people stay awake for days and don’t eat. Every since I first did it, twenty minutes after I did it I’d be starving. My boyfriend can do a couple hits of the same stuff and be up for three days and have a hard time eating for a week and is a dick the whole time after he comes down, hence why he doesn’t do it. But it makes me feel so fucking normal and happy it’s stupid. Before I started using it regularly I used to wonder what it was like to just go a day without thinking about killing myself. I self harmed. Like, my ex just told me how happy and healthy (used to be hella anorexic) I look and then I told him I’d been fucking around with speed and he told me he would have never in a million years guessed. I wish I didn’t have to feel bad about using it when alcohol was actively killing me and I smoked a pack a day as recent as two weeks ago and since I’ve been using it pretty often I stopped drinking and smoking cigarettes.

I wish I didn’t have to feel bad about this. Does anyone else use it and not get like “high”? I have to do an insane amount to feel any body high. And I also notice it stays in my system a lot longer than most people. Don’t get it haha. Just wondering how many more use it like this not to get high but just be okay and actually sleep and eat on it?

I’m quite similar to you - although I was using enough to also have issues related to tolerance. Meth makes me as chill as anything and i’ve never really tweaked out. I’d describe it as making me feel happy-normal. I usually can’t sleep for 24 hours but can just lie around relaxing in that time and sleep the second night no problem (maybe with small bit of valium or seroquel). I also eat plenty - even after a now 9 month binge of using at least weekly I’m a bit overweight.

Doesn’t mean my brain is not increasingly fucked though around IQ and memory!!

I’m quite similar to you - although I was using enough to also have issues related to tolerance. Meth makes me as chill as anything and i’ve never really tweaked out. I’d describe it as making me feel happy-normal. I usually can’t sleep for 24 hours but can just lie around relaxing in that time and sleep the second night no problem (maybe with small bit of valium or seroquel). I also eat plenty - even after a now 9 month binge of using at least weekly I’m a bit overweight.

Doesn’t mean my brain is not increasingly fucked though around IQ and memory!!
have you considered chaning drug? Is there any benefit to taking meth if it only makes you normal? Wouldnt you be better of taking something less harmful and give you the same effect?

have you considered chaning drug? Is there any benefit to taking meth if it only makes you normal? Wouldnt you be better of taking something less harmful and give you the same effect?
I’m in the process of quitting and getting back to prescribed dexamfetamine for the same ‘normal-happy’ feeling. A lot less risk and cost that way. But my alternative feeling is pretty bleak, hopeless and shitty as well as disorganised and generally useless so it’s been very good for me at least feeling wise for some time

Ouf sounds harsch and tough to need meth to function normally. Glad you found a way to recover, hopefully you want be needing meth to feel normal. Stay strong

Hmmm

Sounds exactly like the suspect meth here in ny
Nah. I’ve been getting the same chill response to meth from hundreds of batches over the years. It just affects certain people that way. Lot’s of ADD people claim similar effects.

I have adhd and in order to get a good high i have to smoke a lot. ( or did i quit using ). I talked to my doc and i was tested positive for adhd. I got put on meds for awhile and then when i would smoke it took a lot less to get high. I was told it levels out adhd issues first then it produced a high.

Very odd cause for me I use meth and I’m like your boyfriend, can’t eat, awake for days on one large dose, I basically destroyed my health in one day of meth use, my entire mouth swelled up, I was chipping teeth from grinding my mouth...

I love stimulants but fuck meth really fucks me up

I’ve never had anything make me feel normal before except for acid which was my drug of choice. But I couldn’t do it as much as I wanted, despite doing it so much I permanently fried myself and have hppd so bad that when I sometimes smoke pot it’s like I took a tab or two. Nothing pharmaceutical has worked for me. No other street drug. I’ve made myself ayahuasca, countless dmt trips, which also kind of broke my brain, shrooms make me suicidal, pot basically does nothing but make my visuals go nuts and give me anxiety unless I’m on speed. Idk what else to try lol

Hmmm

Sounds exactly like the suspect meth here in ny
Nah definitely not. I’ve had bunk shit. Anything that’s not good makes my throat break out in weird ass lesions. Like I said I can give my boyfriend a hit of the same stuff and he’ll be up for three days straight. Even my ex tried what I have now this morning and said it was like the most uplifting clean stuff he’s had in ages. And I know it has some to do with tolerance but I could eat and sleep from the very start.

Very odd cause for me I use meth and I’m like your boyfriend, can’t eat, awake for days on one large dose, I basically destroyed my health in one day of meth use, my entire mouth swelled up, I was chipping teeth from grinding my mouth...

I love stimulants but fuck meth really fucks me up

Yeah it trips me out. I’m one of the only people I know who handles it like I do. I remember when I first tried it my friends were like hopping around and cleaning and tweaking out and grinding their jaws and they were blown away I could just sit there and watch tv and not fidget at all or act high. It’s all about your body chemistry and the way your brain works.

Up until very recently I only ever used speed when I was like seriously afraid I might kill myself. But I’ve been using it more because I was seriously so tired of being suicidal every single day that to me the benefits outweigh the immediate risk of me being severely suicidal. I’ve tried to kill myself twice this year. First time with a bag over my head and some pills and my ex found me and saved me and second time I chickened out after half assed trying to hang myself. After that I was kind of like I guess I’m better off being high than dead so here I am

I get super speedy effects like teeth grinding and non-stop talking from amphetamine sulphate but not from meth. In fact I find it the opposite of speedy and it does not give me any real physical energy (good mental energy though).