• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Metabolism and meth

Lifelikethis

Greenlighter
So, in 2014 I tried meth. I was 5’8’’ and 225lbs. Did the whole meth and sex thing, did it once every two weeks then once a week and would be up for 24 doing nothing but sex and jerking off. This went on for four months, increasing how often I did it and most of it is a blur. until I stayed up for three days straight with no sleep and a lot of sex. I lost a bit if weight but not a lot, maybe 25lb. I stopped after the three day binge.

2015, after about 3 months, I gained maybe five pounds back. So was at 205-210lbs. It was May and I had a big event at the end of July. I decided to use meth to lose weight. I took a few hits (two or three) in the morning and one at night. Never let myself get too high. Sometimes had trouble sleeping. After the hits in the morning I would go for a 20 minute run with light weight lifting. And forced myself to eat healthy thing at the normal times. Once in awhile, twice a month at most, I did partake in the sexual part of meth, but usually would do a 16-24 hour run of being spun out. After July I slowed it down and took a hit every few days, until I stopped fully in September. I was at 165 at this point and never quit my diet or running until Christmas broke my diet and workout routine.

In very start of February I was at 175, and I have something at the end of June so I started the meth/diet/running again. Mid-March I hit 155 so I switched from mostly cardio to weight lifting and my diet is mostly protein with protein powder after lifting. Stopped weighing myself, still do the hits in the 3 hits in the morning, 2 in the afternoon, and 1 or 2 at night. I can clearly see the muscles forming, especially in my chest and arms.

The past two/three weeks I've started to become hungry, and I no longer have trouble falling asleep or staying asleep. I had to force myself to eat because I knew I needed to and I didn't want to gain everything back before but now I am hungry more than in when I am off meth. This week I feel like I see less muscle tone and more flab, and I feel like I'm gaining fat back all over.

I recently heard that the metabolism can get used to meth, that it will no longer have the effect and that I will just gain everything back regardless of working out and eating healthy. I am having problems finding a lot of information about this. I was told it starts with hunger, so I'm worried. So, I could just be paranoid about getting fat again, or there could be truth. I need other people's thoughts on this.

As long as I was using, I was losing. The rate was based on my intake and the quality of it. I also combined coke and bath salt (that's where I lost the fastest but I don't recommend this at all!). I never had an appetite using like ever. I had to force myself to eat and nothing tastes right - everything was over seasoned and sometimes metallic. If you are ok with where you are compared to where you were weight wise I say quit the drugs because you will lose valuable minerals and muscle overall. Throw yourself into a healthy diet and exercise program. You will feel better, be healthier, and keep your hair and teeth. Skinny isn't as nice when you're self conscious about your smile and have to get extensions to not look like a geriatric person.