View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mescaline first time

nooodle

Bluelighter
Doing some Mescaline next weekend with my mate, we're halving the pulp together.
We're both pretty experienced in psychedelics, we've done LSD way too much and shrooms a few times and a bunch of other shit.

Anything different with San Pedro i should be expecting? I don't know how intense it's going to be compared to LSD but i can usually handle myself pretty well.
Any tips you guys have? Also any way to make the juice taste less shit lol.

Cheers

My understanding of mescaline is that if you are capable, it would certainly be worthwhile to consider some form of mescaline extraction.

The bitter truth (hmmm) is that mescaline bearing cacti are highly evolved plants that deliver a very clear, ancient message when you attempt to eat any of them... it's not spoken though, more felt - my interpretation woud be I'm not food. You will need to prove your worth before I give you anything, ape-thing.. That is, it tastes awful. You might be tempted to make some sort of paste or concoction, sweeten with sugar, whatever, but the problem is that the taste of the cactus is so pervasive, you will just end up making larger and larger volumes of only marginally more palatable cactusflesh.

So my recommendation is chop the cactus finely (after doing your best to de-spine it), add a tablespoon of citrus juice, citric acid, ascorbic acid, or vinegar (any time) to ensure favorable condtions to extract he mescaline.
Thankfully, mescaline and its family members are soluble in water in acidic media, and are stable enough that gentle boiling will not harm them. So it is not very hard to make a sort of cacttus soup, heated but not brought to boil, stirred every so often, until you decide that it's had enough, filter the liquid through cheesecloth (you could attempt a 2nd extraction too by adding the cooked goopy flesh to more fresh water with acid & repeating the process. May improve yields?)
Anyway, after filtering, you can gently boil the liquid down to a drinkable volume. You can add sugar or whatever but I don't know what good that;d do. You want to have a small volume of tea, because it tastes so awful it shouldn't be savored, rather taken like a shot of really bad vodka, with a chaser soon after to rinse your mouth. It's much better than trying to eat whole cactusflesh, according to most people who have done both.

You can cut it into slices, put it in a food dehydrator, then powder it. Then toss and wash the powder. Alternatively, you can simmer the juice down to a goo, then evap, rolling the resin in sugar to form little pills. It's not the easiest thing to do.

Other notable differences? Plan for a two hour comeup and lots of nausea until you get to the peak.

You can cut it into slices, put it in a food dehydrator, then powder it. Then toss and wash the powder. Alternatively, you can simmer the juice down to a goo, then evap, rolling the resin in sugar to form little pills. It's not the easiest thing to do.

Other notable differences? Plan for a two hour comeup and lots of nausea until you get to the peak.

My friend has already made it into a pulp, i might water it down with some water but i'm honestly down to just drink it how it is.

Gotcha, heard about the nausea... Any way to counter it?

My understanding of mescaline is that if you are capable, it would certainly be worthwhile to consider some form of mescaline extraction.

The bitter truth (hmmm) is that mescaline bearing cacti are highly evolved plants that deliver a very clear, ancient message when you attempt to eat any of them... it's not spoken though, more felt - my interpretation woud be I'm not food. You will need to prove your worth before I give you anything, ape-thing.. That is, it tastes awful. You might be tempted to make some sort of paste or concoction, sweeten with sugar, whatever, but the problem is that the taste of the cactus is so pervasive, you will just end up making larger and larger volumes of only marginally more palatable cactusflesh.

So my recommendation is chop the cactus finely (after doing your best to de-spine it), add a tablespoon of citrus juice, citric acid, ascorbic acid, or vinegar (any time) to ensure favorable condtions to extract he mescaline.
Thankfully, mescaline and its family members are soluble in water in acidic media, and are stable enough that gentle boiling will not harm them. So it is not very hard to make a sort of cacttus soup, heated but not brought to boil, stirred every so often, until you decide that it's had enough, filter the liquid through cheesecloth (you could attempt a 2nd extraction too by adding the cooked goopy flesh to more fresh water with acid & repeating the process. May improve yields?)
Anyway, after filtering, you can gently boil the liquid down to a drinkable volume. You can add sugar or whatever but I don't know what good that;d do. You want to have a small volume of tea, because it tastes so awful it shouldn't be savored, rather taken like a shot of really bad vodka, with a chaser soon after to rinse your mouth. It's much better than trying to eat whole cactusflesh, according to most people who have done both.

I have no idea how to extract it into hcl if that's what you mean, my friend made a pulp and i'm willing to drink it. I've tasted some sick shit before...

I'm going to see how it tastes when i do it, then maybe follow your instructions. I just don't know how shit it tastes rn so i (may) be able to just down the pulp...

cheers though mate, helped a lot.

I can almost assure you, unless you are an iron-tongued individual or perhaps lack a sense of taste entirely, you don't have a chance... You might not even be able to keep it in your mouth.

I can almost assure you, unless you are an iron-tongued individual or perhaps lack a sense of taste entirely, you don't have a chance... You might not even be able to keep it in your mouth.

ahaha okay,

we will see...

Doing some Mescaline next weekend with my mate, we're halving the pulp together.
We're both pretty experienced in psychedelics, we've done LSD way too much and shrooms a few times and a bunch of other shit.

Anything different with San Pedro i should be expecting? I don't know how intense it's going to be compared to LSD but i can usually handle myself pretty well.

Cheers
Oh god, if you prepare it right. Get ready for one hell of a ride, IME a high dose of san pedro cactus is stronger than LSD. It tastes like shit though and the it lingers on for a day or so.

ahaha okay,

we will see...
he's right....i still don't know how i was able to chug down that gunk. IT TASTES AWFUL, took me 10 minutes to finish a cup and i started feeling the effects 15 mins later. IT KICKS IN so bloody fast.

he's right....i still don't know how i was able to chug down that gunk. IT TASTES AWFUL, took me 10 minutes to finish a cup and i started feeling the effects 15 mins later. IT KICKS IN so bloody fast.

I read that it takes about 2 hours...?

The time to onset will vary with a bunch of factors, presence or absence of food in the stomach, if the mescaline is liquid or still "inside the cactus":, personal physiology, dose all are factors to consider.

Cheers
Good luck :) I bought powdered San Pedro some time ago and I never had any nausea or had to throw up but I guess that ingesting the whole goo will be harder.

It'll depend on the dose but in general mescaline is way more gentle and soft than either shrooms and LSD, very dreamy and filled with love. If you've ever tried a 2C-x, it will feel like the grandmother of all of them, kinda basic and rough around the edges maybe, but that only adds to the beauty of the experience.

It's possibly my all time favourite psychedelic despite the nausea, disgusting flavor, and how light duty it (usually) is.

To reduce nausea with pure mescaline, I divide the dude over a long period of time. With cactus goo, though, I don't want to wait too long. It's hard enough drinking bitter snot already without being nauseated on top of it.

Ondansetron is supposed to work well. I don't have access to it, though. I personally find 5 drops of lemon essential oil under the tongue to be very helpful (learned this from 69ron,) but I don't know many others that will attest to it. I don't find ginger or diphenhydramine to be helpful for nausea.

In my experiences and from what I have read, Mescaline does not degrade very easily. It is a simple, if time consuming process. Chop up the San Pedro or Peruvian Torch, 3 pounds per dose. No need to de-spine, as the needles soften during cooking. Place in a large kettle and boil at full heat for several hours, adding water when necessary. Once reduced by 5/6, allow to cool, then strain and squeeze all the liquid out. Place the liquid in a nonstick pan and reduce over low heat until a gummy texture is achieved. Kill the heat and roll the mescaline product into balls suitable for ingestion. I have never had any problems with nausea or stomach discomfort, but I still like to take it with some ginger root or a bit of hot pepper just in case. It has a slow onset of up to three hours and a long duration of 12-16 hours. It is still my favorite psychedelic, rivaled only by LSD.

Why not do the A/B extraction? Its not difficult just takes some time.

From 100g dried or about a foot of cutting you can easily get half a gram or more of mescaline...

Why not do the A/B extraction? Its not difficult just takes some time.

From 100g dried or about a foot of cutting you can easily get half a gram or more of mescaline...
If you had to compare LSD and pure mescaline subjectively, which one is better?

Mescaline, i have a harder time with LSD.
Mhmmm that's interesting, i had a hard time on mescaline last time i tried it. That was back in 2013 but that dose was fucking HEROIC.... I haven't done 200+µg LSD doses yet so I can't say much.