• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ
  • PD Moderators: Esperighanto | JackARoe |

Phenethylamines Mescalin and Lyrica together

OverTheGardenWall

Greenlighter
Joined
May 25, 2026
Messages
17
Location
Europe
I've recently harvested some of my San Pedro cactii (containing mescaline) and have made an extract with vodka. Since I'm pretty new to mescaline, and since I really have no idea how much is in the cactus bits, I am working my way up in dosage slowly to get familiar with the effects.

During the whole testing period I have also been on a long pregabalin binge. My idea was that I would get high on pregabalin for my first real trip, to alleviate any discomfort. I am very sensitive to other psychedelics, especially psilocybin, and I would like to familiarize myself with mescaline in a safe mental environment, so to speak.

My last two doses of the extract were 25 ml and 35 ml respectively and I found that there was little difference in the effects. My mind is clearly altered but nothing really seems to happen, especially in terms of visual distortions. I realized that pregabalin is a GABA-ergic drug just like benzodiazepines, and benzos will famously block or severely limit the effects of psychedelics, at least the tryptamine kind like psilocybin and LSD. And perhaps the same thing happens with pregabalin then. I can't find anything about this using the search function.

So, does pregabalin limit or in some other way modify the effects of mescaline? And if so, in what way? I need to know before I settle on a dose to try without pregabalin and then go tripping to the moon unexpectedly.
 
Top