• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Mephtetramine & Methoxypiperamide

^ So in short, "God" wants us to take tramadol rather than DMT? Proof positive there is no god :|;)=D

On the smoking possibility - ya, that's kinda what I was thinking being a possibility maybe. A way to avoid having to shell out twice over for those wishing to sample this/these things. Also, I wasn't necessarily thinking one was an MAOi... but if it is then surely there should be warning of such really. HR and all that.

Ok revised some of my earlier cautions - can go into details if anyones anyone's interested, in any case the long and short is that I got a gram of each separately and am set to go to work. Must admit I'm quite excited from a scientific viewpoint. What I originally wrote off as a botched phenethylamine- Mtta - now looks totally different to me. It looks like it could be a place holder, facilitator for the same receptor as the MEOP - which looks like the stimulant. Anyway. Theories are just theories. Now time for the real thing.

Ok, first reports in. Tried 50mg mephtetramine yesterday twice. Once on its own - no noticeable effects, the second time with the last little bump of K I had in my possession - definite possibility it intensified the K, but only the dreaminess of it. I was feeling a little fragile from thurs and fri stim sessions and therefore chose to rest the mtta first since I didn't expect it to have any stimulant effects anyhow. I did however have reasons to expect to enhance the K - serotonergic aspects. But since I'm out of k can't verify for now.

Ok, as for meop mtta combo, took 50 mg of each this morning and got definite stim effects. Much like the effects I got from the source I reported initially - but more intense due to empty stomach, actually wish I had eaten something first as a gradual onset would have been more desirable.

I deleted my earlier posts as initial attempts to edit them, which i promised i would at the time, rapidly revealed themselces to be pointless. I did the best I could off the top of my head as I felt time was of the essence. Since then I have gone deep into the chemistrt of these molecules as well as seeking advice from other chemists over specific aspects. The bottom line is I am confident enough to take these things myself. I will keep everyone posted as to how my own research unfolds.

In brief - forget anything I wrote about dmt and maoi's. Also, the pma stuff I wrote about meop has cleared in my mind evidenced by fact I have no concerns about taking these chems myself. Can go into details if anyone wants but since this isn't AD, I'll stick to letting you guys know about effects.

So what do you think about the combination? Are the effects good enough to be worth paying for? Better/worse than other RCs?

Can go into details if anyone wants but since this isn't AD, I'll stick to letting you guys know about effects.

Please do. From a harm reduction standpoint anyone claiming they have evidence for the safety of certain substances or combinations thereof should share said evidence so it can be properly discussed.

What I originally wrote off as a botched phenethylamine- Mtta - now looks totally different to me. It looks like it could be a place holder, facilitator for the same receptor as the MEOP - which looks like the stimulant.
...?

Cool just logged on and figured the thread might have gone dead. I was actually fortunate enough to converse with one of the top science guys from the company - make of this what you will but i thought i should put that out there that it wasnt' an independent source. However I know my science (though i'm no where near the finished article i'll happily admit) and like to think i can tell when I'm talking with someone who knows their stuff, at least that's how i feel. Anyway, I was first concerned about pmma / pma. My concern was in reference to deaths from pills containing pma or pmma in them instead of mdma, and since all i remembered was the para methoxy group i immdediately raised a flag for concern. However, it appears that the toxicity from these compounds comes from the fact that they are both monoamine releasers and oxidase inhibitors simutlaneously. This is a minor concern for standard amphetamine (base, speed) and no concern at all for mdma, which explains why mdma has a better safety profile than speed. Anyway, what it means for something like pmma to be both a releaser and an oxidase inhibitor (non selective too, meaning serotonin, dompamine and noradrenaline) is that the drug not only stimulates neurons to increase their release of these transmitters, but also binds to the enzymes responsible for breaking down these neuro transmitters. This essentially means you are burning the candle at both ends so to speak, or to use more technical terminology, the dose repsonse curve is fucking steep. A similar effect occurs with alcohol, though by quite different mechanism. Anyway, the chemist in me can see why pmma can posess this unfortunate quality. The more simple the molecule, the more likely it is to bind to multiple targets. Unfortunately, the combination of a simple yet ultra potent methamphatamine side chain coupled to a para methoxy group is perfect for fulfilling both these tasks. The reason it does this is that it is so similar to monoamines like serotonin that it fools the enzyme responsible for breaking serotonin down into thinking it is serotonin. This means the enzyme can't do its job on the real serotonin. The para methoxy group proabably means that it binds to the enzyme with greater affinity than base amphetamine - though I don't know that this is the exact reason. These things nearly always come down to timing. When a drug binds to a receptor it may only be for a millionth of a second. The fact that there are many trillions of the tiny drug molecules in your brain is what enables binding on such tiny time scale to actually bring about a major change in perception ie. get you high. I could go on all night but I'll refrain unless anyone has any specifics. Or like i always, say, someone with better knowledge can step in and further what i've said, or correct errors.

Now, looking at the MEOP molecule, i can say how this crazy looking ring system with the amine in the 4 position actually helps prevent MEOP from being toxic, certainly in the manner described just now. Its such a crazy take on a phenethylamine (speed, mdma, mescaline even are all phenethylamines). The trouble is it is a little too good at this for its own good, and may therefore not be active on its own. Today, for instance, I took 55mg of MEOP and only 35mg MTTA, and even this slight drop off in the ration of mttp seemed to hamper the activity of the MEOP. I have yet to take MEOP on its own. Like i said i have just started on an extensive research quest that is of huge interest to myself, even if no one else, though i suspect this won't be the case, however it depends what you're looking for. I'll go into that in just a moment. I want to urge a little caution at this stage with combining MTTA on its own with other drugs, especially in high doses. Since i think it plays the role of propping open a receptor, or something along those lines, i think that it can be dangerous with other serotonin agonists..maybe. Its just that i've tried mtta alone and got no results. I've tried it with pure opiods like AH 7917 (is that right - the codeine, morphine thing) and found no bad interactions. However, I thought i maybe sensed a bit of overload when i tried it with tramadaol - something that has both opiate and serotonergic activity.

I like the combo. Strikes me as a real user friendly stim to take in the day time, at 100mg doses, 50 of each. I recall taking a 150 mg 75 each combo previously and maybe getting into slightly rushy territory but i'd like to revisit this again myself before anyone goes out and buys it expecting to achieve euphoric affects at these doses. What I been getting from it at around the 100 mg 50 50 combo range is what i can best describe as clean energy. Its sort of like a half way house between lighter stims like ethyl phenidate, adderall etc.. and something a little heavier like mpa. So, to be put on the spot, for me with my tolerance £20 for half a gram of each gives me 10 doses. I'm real big on my functional stimulants - ones i can use in the day just to get me going and being productive. If you have a high tolerance relative to me, then maybe you may find you need twice as much and so at £4 a dose it may not seem like money well spent.

I gotta get some sleep now as i have to be up real early to meet with a union rep to try and save my shitty job that i fucking hate anyway so i'm gonna have to do one. Sorry i didn't get round to saying why I'm looking at mtta in a totally different way. Anyway, I'm a stamp collector if there ever was one when it comes to RC's or any other compounds. I even take shit i don't enjoy - like diphenhydramine, and some scopolamine relatives as I am totally obsessed with acetylcholine. So rest assured i'm gonna investigate these things from all angles, as i do with everything else - now i got it as safe in my own head. Anyway, glad to see the thread hasn't died. Peace.

Last edited:
Cool just logged on and figured the thread might have gone dead. I was actually fortunate enough to converse with one of the top science guys from the company - make of this what you will but i thought i should put that out there that it wasnt' an independent source. However I know my science (though i'm no where near the finished article i'll happily admit) and like to think i can tell when I'm talking with someone who knows their stuff, at least that's how i feel. Anyway, I was first concerned about pmma / pma. My concern was in reference to deaths from pills containing pma or pmma in them instead of mdma, and since all i remembered was the para methoxy group i immdediately raised a flag for concern. However, it appears that the toxicity from these compounds comes from the fact that they are both monoamine releasers and oxidase inhibitors simutlaneously. This is a minor concern for standard amphetamine (base, speed) and no concern at all for mdma, which explains why mdma has a better safety profile than speed. Anyway, what it means for something like pmma to be both a releaser and an oxidase inhibitor (non selective too, meaning serotonin, dompamine and noradrenaline) is that the drug not only stimulates neurons to increase their release of these transmitters, but also binds to the enzymes responsible for breaking down these neuro transmitters. This essentially means you are burning the candle at both ends so to speak, or to use more technical terminology, the dose repsonse curve is fucking steep. A similar effect occurs with alcohol, though by quite different mechanism. Anyway, the chemist in me can see why pmma can posess this unfortunate quality. The more simple the molecule, the more likely it is to bind to multiple targets. Unfortunately, the combination of a simple yet ultra potent methamphatamine side chain coupled to a para methoxy group is perfect for fulfilling both these tasks. The reason it does this is that it is so similar to monoamines like serotonin that it fools the enzyme responsible for breaking serotonin down into thinking it is serotonin. This means the enzyme can't do its job on the real serotonin. The para methoxy group proabably means that it binds to the enzyme with greater affinity than base amphetamine - though I don't know that this is the exact reason. These things nearly always come down to timing. When a drug binds to a receptor it may only be for a millionth of a second. The fact that there are many trillions of the tiny drug molecules in your brain is what enables binding on such tiny time scale to actually bring about a major change in perception ie. get you high. I could go on all night but I'll refrain unless anyone has any specifics. Or like i always, say, someone with better knowledge can step in and further what i've said, or correct errors.

Now, looking at the MEOP molecule, i can say how this crazy looking ring system with the amine in the 4 position actually helps prevent MEOP from being toxic, certainly in the manner described just now. Its such a crazy take on a phenethylamine (speed, mdma, mescaline even are all phenethylamines). The trouble is it is a little too good at this for its own good, and may therefore not be active on its own. Today, for instance, I took 55mg of MEOP and only 35mg MTTA, and even this slight drop off in the ration of mttp seemed to hamper the activity of the MEOP. I have yet to take MEOP on its own. Like i said i have just started on an extensive research quest that is of huge interest to myself, even if no one else, though i suspect this won't be the case, however it depends what you're looking for. I'll go into that in just a moment. I want to urge a little caution at this stage with combining MTTA on its own with other drugs, especially in high doses. Since i think it plays the role of propping open a receptor, or something along those lines, i think that it can be dangerous with other serotonin agonists..maybe. Its just that i've tried mtta alone and got no results. I've tried it with pure opiods like AH 7917 (is that right - the codeine, morphine thing) and found no bad interactions. However, I thought i maybe sensed a bit of overload when i tried it with tramadaol - something that has both opiate and serotonergic activity.

I like the combo. Strikes me as a real user friendly stim to take in the day time, at 100mg doses, 50 of each. I recall taking a 150 mg 75 each combo previously and maybe getting into slightly rushy territory but i'd like to revisit this again myself before anyone goes out and buys it expecting to achieve euphoric affects at these doses. What I been getting from it at around the 100 mg 50 50 combo range is what i can best describe as clean energy. Its sort of like a half way house between lighter stims like ethyl phenidate, adderall etc.. and something a little heavier like mpa. So, to be put on the spot, for me with my tolerance £20 for half a gram of each gives me 10 doses. I'm real big on my functional stimulants - ones i can use in the day just to get me going and being productive. If you have a high tolerance relative to me, then maybe you may find you need twice as much and so at £4 a dose it may not seem like money well spent.

I gotta get some sleep now as i have to be up real early to meet with a union rep to try and save my shitty job that i fucking hate anyway so i'm gonna have to do one. Sorry i didn't get round to saying why I'm looking at mtta in a totally different way. Anyway, I'm a stamp collector if there ever was one when it comes to RC's or any other compounds. I even take shit i don't enjoy - like diphenhydramine, and some scopolamine relatives as I am totally obsessed with acetylcholine. So rest assured i'm gonna investigate these things from all angles, as i do with everything else - now i got it as safe in my own head. Anyway, glad to see the thread hasn't died. Peace.

Billy-D_Approves.gif

SEEMS LEGIT!

Is it not useful information to find that someone ie. Me. Has used 50mg of each to make 100mg combo several times, each time achieving mild to moderate stimulant effects.

As for "the wall of information", I am not surprised if certain things went over certain people's heads. If you would care to isolate parts of the text then I can perhaps expand on individual points in turn.

Ok, brief update. Yesterday I took 3 separate doses of 50/50 combo. I also took 4 separate 20mg doses of AH -7921 (the first 2 with only about an hour spacer - just a habit of mine, always ease myself into opiates slowly.) Had a fairly painless day at work despite not getting about 2 hours sleep the night before. No doubt par for the course for many a bluelighter, though I thought it worth mentioning that I felt confident enough in the 3 combo pills to see me through the day that I didn't bother packing any MPA caps as a possible "reserve" in case things fell a little short.

I took today off, with regard to meop / mtta trials, hopefully not due to any unconscious leanings toward christianity. Fear not however, avid followers of this thread, as I am already making preparations for a series of attempts to get any kind of stimulant effects from MEOP alone, the third and final immediately obvious condition that has been conspicous by its abscence in my self experimentation trials up until this point so far.

(Incidently, note that I take AH-7921 in doses as low as 20mg. (Even though the first 2 i dosed yesterday were taken just an hour apart, meaning I basically took a slow release 35mg - then topped up with 2 20's) This maybe helps to explain why I may have come across as particularly vague when attempting to answer questions to do with value for money etc... it was only a couple of days ago when I read on another thread that lots of guys don't get anything off AH-7921unless they dose atleast 100mg. I was not surprised by this. Although my own experience of morphine and heroin is sparse, I have long been aware of the not uncommon gripe of being forced to make the transition from just a ten bag right up to£300 in order to achieve a half decent high. I can speak confidently about doses and value for money regarding my own tolerance , but when it comes to recommending what others ought to perceive as a good deal or not I simply can not summon up the arrogance to assert with confidence what kind of doses will or will not produce a cost effective high in any body other than my own. Only a salesman would do that, and, as I said in an earlier post, while I may be a lot of things, a salesman I most certainly am not .))

Last edited:
Another wall of text, and seemingly no relevance to anything in particular.

Are you able to shed any light on the subjective effects of this combination?

I admire Swarm's persistence in the face of such outspoken criticism. I have no idea if it's justified or not. Critics, it's easy to say "shite", but carries no weight without some analysis!

Critics, it's easy to say "shite", but carries no weight without some analysis!

Yeah well I'm procrastinating over some real work, so I'll have a go at this.

The mechanism of PMA and PMMA MAO-A inhibition is not well understood. Swarm states that PMMA is a more potent releaser and MAO-A than PMA, this is pure speculation, PMMA has had almost no studies done on it. Wikipedia entries variously hint that PMMA is actually less dangerous than PMA:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Para-Methoxyamphetamine#Analogues
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Para-Methoxy-N-methylamphetamine
Note that I see no clear reference to back this up, equally there are no reference to suggest PMMA is more potent than PMA.

MAO inhibition is not caused by how close in chemical structure a drug is to serotonin. If this where the case, then one would expect the tryptamine psychedelics to be potent MAO-A inhibitors, whereas they are not. On the other hand, there are many potent MAO-A inhibitors with structures far more complex and varied e.g. :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAO-A#Some_MAO-A_inhibitors

Rather than "fooling" MAO into thinking that they are actually serotonin, MAO inhibitors probably work by binding to specific regions of the MAO enzyme and altering its conformation, inhibiting its ability to de-aminate monoamines.

In the end though, this is all completely beside the point. Swarm writes a long, partially incorrect paragraph as to why PMMA is dangerous. But what exactly does that have to do with the two new substances in question? Not much. The next part of the "argument" goes:

Now, looking at the MEOP molecule, i can say how this crazy looking ring system with the amine in the 4 position actually helps prevent MEOP from being toxic, certainly in the manner described just now. Its such a crazy take on a phenethylamine (speed, mdma, mescaline even are all phenethylamines). The trouble is it is a little too good at this for its own good, and may therefore not be active on its own.

This is just utter nonsense. How does this "crazy" ring system prevent toxicity? If the suggestion is that worrying toxicity is caused by MAO inhibition, take a look at oh, I dunno - how about harmine or moclobomide, two potent MAO inhibitors that also have "crazy" ring systems. You also equate toxicity with desirable activity - because this drug isn't very toxic, it's also not very much fun. Obviously this not just a straight relationship. Also it's not a phenethylamine. The clue is in the chemical name.
Since i think it plays the role of propping open a receptor, or something along those lines, i think that it can be dangerous with other serotonin agonists..maybe.

What does "propping open a receptor" even mean?

It could be equally likely that one of these substances is a weak MAO inhibitor, and the other is a weak stimulant, and combining the two gives you a weak high. But who knows? These drugs are both pretty far from any known SAR, as someone said in another thread, it's like vendors are literally making these drugs up now.

Specialspack I can't thank you enough for joining me in an attempt to look at the science behind the issue. I also welcome your no nonsense straight talking style. Politeness is the enemy of effective communication, vital for progress in science. I hear what you are saying and will make damn sure to post a follow up to this post here. Basically just wanted to let you know that I've checked in and that I'm listening.

I admire Swarm's persistence in the face of such outspoken criticism. I have no idea if it's justified or not. Critics, it's easy to say "shite", but carries no weight without some analysis!

Cheers for that knock, its always nice to have someone looking out for ya. Much appreciated. To be honest the only out spoken criticism that I consider valid up until this point has come from specialspack who is the only one so far as I can tell who knows what they are talking about.

To clarify things, I am in pursuit of the science surrounding the issue for many reasons. One, I live for science and am therefore using this as a case study to help me really get to grips with principles that need to be understood in order to become a better scientist.

Secondly, as a member of bluelight currently recieving samples in exchange for feedback, something I made no attempt to hide, I took it on behalf of myself to provide my own assessment on the combo. Within an hour or so I recieved a word of caution from a trusted member that I needed to know for sure that I hadn't been scammed. I was so angry with myself at the school boy error that I felt personal responsibility to see this one through. Hence my post detailing my lack of certainty over what I consumed initially, coupled with advice to "put aside" my initial review of the combo until I I had received my order for the two RC separately.

Secondly, as a member of bluelight currently recieving samples in exchange for feedback, something I made no attempt to hide, I took it on behalf of myself to provide my own assessment on the combo. Within an hour or so I recieved a word of caution from a trusted member that I needed to know for sure that I hadn't been scammed. I was so angry with myself at the school boy error that I felt personal responsibility to see this one through. Hence my post detailing my lack of certainty over what I consumed initially, coupled with advice to "put aside" my initial review of the combo until I I had received my order for the two RC separately.

Have you had the two substances analysed by an independent 3rd party? If not, how do you know for sure you haven't been scammed?

Please, for your own sake, stop dosing yourself on a daily basis with two random chemicals no one knows anything about.

You are volunteering yourself as a lab rat for a company or companies that have, in generous terms, a dubious lack of ethical standards - and on top of that providing free advertising on a well known drugs forum. And they're not paying you. In fact, they might even be poisoning you. In exchange for what? Free samples of yet more untested drugs? I mean.. why would you even do that? Because you feel some sort of "personal responsibility" - to who exactly?

The personal responsibility was for everyone involved. Obviously my immediate concern was that I had given a positive rating of a substance / sunstances and that others may purchase potentially harmful substances on the back of what I said. On the other hand I also felt and still feel a responsibility to the company. I purchase 90% of all my RC's from just 2 companies and these guys are ine of the two. I see the whole thing the other way round. The fact that they are still looking for newer better chemicals despite already making a nice profit from all
the 6 apb's etc.. speaks to me of pushing the boundaries. I purchase RC's because I like them. I see the best vendors out there more like friends than enemies. If it wasn't for them then how would I get high?

I also feel that this issue is particularly important since it involves a combo. Now lots of the best drugs out there derive their effects from a combination. Take cannabis as an example. Isolate just the THC and you apparently get an experience that leans more to the paranoia side. However, take the THC with a roughly equal amount of CBD and you get the effect most people recognise as "decent bud" or whatever. If the integrity of an RC vendor hinges on it limiting itself to selling pure substances that only work indepentently then i feel that progress in the entire field will have suffered a huge blow. Disclaimer laws mean that the companies can only suggest a synergistic effect by offering combo purchases. If "combo" becomes synonymous with "scam" then its all of us that are gonna suffer.

As for verification of whether the free sample does match the two isolated substances in combo, well, thats what i'm doing right now. I have never felt the need to send my ethylphenidate off for p NMR, I just appreciate the fact that I get a recognisable effect off each batch every time i order one. Since I have all 3 in my posession - two purchased. I am going through the simple process of taking the purchased ones separately and in combination, and then comparing the effect of the combination i make from the two individual chems with the same weight of the free sample, which i still have in my possession.
So far i feel confident that the combo is genuine and that MTTA does little on its own. I am still in early stages of testing MEOP on its own. Will share results as and when I feel I am confident enough to share.

Last edited:
Oh yeah just tuning in to try and pick up on a couple of points from Specialspack.

Harmaline and moclobomide - interesting, I'll need to take a look into this as it obviously would blow my whole "4 amino ring system" theory out the water. I been trying to do some research into MAOI's over the last few days. I'll freely admit that I was applying the concept of competitive versus non competitive binding at the post synaptic receptor (serotonin agonist, etc). I have to say up front that I don't really understand much about "releasers" and the mechanism's behind this. I got no problems with reuptake inhibitors, but releaser's I'm no good on. Maybe you can help me there.

What I mean't about the MTTA propping open a receptor was sort of derived more conceptually than from looking at the molecules chemistry. Since MTTA doesn't seem to do much on its own but ostensibly plays a role in the combo, I figured that it might be binding to some of the G protein coupled receptors, also targets for MEOP, and binding non competitively. Their effect being simply to change the conformation of the receptor in just such a way as to enable MEOP to bind to it. I have to admit that I sort of got a bit of a soft spot for MTTA the more I looked at it. The Ketone is held so perfectly in position by the saturated hexane (which helps to concentrate the negative polarity of the pi orbital electrons, relative to a delocalized benzene ring). However, you still got the benefit of the benzene ring just next door which may enable it to slip right into the membrane, though i'm not confident of this at this stage. What I really like though is the range of bond distances attainable by the amino group relative to the ketone. It reminds me of other serotonin agonists like tramadol and venlafaxine - off the top of my head. I've been meaning to build some models with my molecular editor - but much like yourself, I too have other things going on in my life other than this thread so i'll find the time when i can.

The Ketone is held so perfectly in position by the saturated hexane (which helps to concentrate the negative polarity of the pi orbital electrons, relative to a delocalized benzene ring). However, you still got the benefit of the benzene ring just next door which may enable it to slip right into the membrane, though i'm not confident of this at this stage. What I really like though is the range of bond distances attainable by the amino group relative to the ketone. It reminds me of other serotonin agonists like tramadol and venlafaxine - off the top of my head. I've been meaning to build some models with my molecular editor - but much like yourself, I too have other things going on in my life other than this thread so i'll find the time when i can.

EDIT - you mean piperazine rather than hexane. That makes more sense.

What I really like though is the range of bond distances attainable by the amino group relative to the ketone. It reminds me of other serotonin agonists like tramadol and venlafaxine
Er.... which amine are you talking about? I can only assume the further one from the ketone. How does it remind you of tramadol, exactly? Tramadol doesn't even have a ketone moeity. You're comparing wildly different structures here with no logic.

If you want to compare substances, MEOP is to MDBZP what methedrone is to MDMA.

But the biggest fallacy here is - if you think that MEOP is such an amazing chemical, with such perfect properties - how come it's apparently, according to the manufacturers, not even very active on its own? Wow yeah, what an amazing chemical 8(

Look, I definitely have better things to do than go through pointing out how nonsensical your reasoning is. I'm pretty sure from the lack of any other replies to this thread that no one else is really thrilled by the prospect of self-experimentation with these drugs, so from a harm-reduction perspective I feel I've fulfilled my duty.

Oh and for fuck's sake do not feel a responsibility to a company. They have given you what amounts to, at the very most, a few quids worth of unresearched drugs. And you have volunteered yourself as a guinea pig, on nothing but their say so, as if they had a fucking clue about the safety or otherwise of these drugs. You do understand, right, that when drug companies do clinical trials, they've conducted animal testing for basic safety and then they pay you. :|

You should be thinking about the responsibility of your own posting. Anyone could come on here and read what you've written and assume you had some sort of grasp of science and try these drugs because of you.

Last edited:
Woah cool your boot special brew, I thought this could go either way. At first I refrained from attributing your brash posting style to your clearly aggressive demeaner. Now before you go on another rampage, supposedly in service of protecting the wider BL community from my ignorance when it comes to science there's a couple of things i wanna go over.

First, I felt the most responsible thing to do in this situation was to leave theories out of it. I trusted my source and therefore offered myself up as guinea pig, whilst i urged others to hold back. I have been taking both these chemicals for the last couple of weeks or so now and so far neither of my feet have fallen off and the early signs parkinsons has yet to manifest.

No, it was in fact you that felt it necessary to go down the evidence/analytical route. I can talk about chemistry/science for years without a break so it was no skin off my nose to pass on something I had been told, namely that MEOP was not a simultaneous releaser and oxidation inhibitor. All the rest was just me jabbering on about possible theories as to why MEOP escaped the MAOI trap - something I felt a fellow enthusiast would be quick to welcome. And that brings me onto my final point.

You stated that amine functionality on the MEOP molecule could not serve to help evade detection by enzymes looking to break down various transmitters. The fact that this amine was situated at the para position of a saturated ring system attached to the amide of MEOP apparently meant nothing when it came to MEOP managing to give the MAO's the slip since harmaline also has a "crazy ring system". I didn't know the structure of harmaline off the top of my head so I took your word for it. I do know the structure of serotonin well though, and as irony would have it, I made a point of checking out the structure of harmaline about 5 mins before logging on to read your riot act. Now i'm sorry, but if the overwhelming similarity bewteen harmaline and serotonin doesn't jump out and smack you in the face then I think its you that need to go dig out the old GCSE revision guides and not me.