Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Mephedrone - Semi-Experienced - Yet another 4-MMC trip report

tragiclemming

Bluelighter
Greetings BL'ers!

I have found this forum to be an excellent source of information, especially in terms of harm reduction. A little background before the trip report.

Male, late 30's, 100kg. Reasonably fit. 20+ years of light to moderate substance use/abuse. Undergraduate education in Chemistry.

On with the report. 4-MMC sourced and consumed in the UK. White, crystalline solid. No noticeable odour.

My first experience with this was at a club in London. As I travel a lot, I find myself 'flying solo' to a lot of club nights and find I need a little 'something' to assist with the nights festivities. I'm a big fan of MDMA, but the poor scene in the UK has made me avoid anything from sources I do not know. Hence, my interest in 4-MMC.

All doses taken orally.

I made up 2 x 100mg capsules of 4-MMC (which I deemed to be a good testing dose at 1mg/kg body mass) and consume the first 100mg around 1am. I'd drank approx 3-4 bottles of beer over the previous 90mins. After 15mins I felt a slight disturbance in the force. Very subtle, but something. Felt a bit lighter, bit chattier, but nothing special. Waited 1 hour, by which time I was feeling baseline again before taking the 2nd 100mg. Within 10mins I was definitely getting a sensation and after 20 mins I could definitely feel myself coming up. Like a subtle MDMA come up. Slight eye wiggles, light body feeling. Had a sit down. After 30mins feeling quite nice and relaxed. Smiling (not gurning). Arm and leg rubbing felt very pleasant. Music sounded 'enhanced' and lights left some nice little traces when closing the eyes. The experience began to fade after approx 60mins and I felt like I was baseline again with 90mins. The slide from up to baseline was quite fast - I can see this being an issue for many users! I was able to go home and sleep immediately. I felt no compulsion to re-dose, even though I had plenty of 4-MMC available. The next day I felt a little tired and a bit 'hazy' but I would not consider this to be a bad hangover.

My 2nd experience was 1 month later, also in a club in London (D&B night). This time I made up 3 x 200mg. 1st dose was consumed at 1am. I had also consumed 3 beers previously and eaten a light meal. After 15mins, I could feel myself coming up. Again, not very strong but definitely a similar MDMA sensation. After 30mins, nice eye wiggles, tight jaw and floaty feeling. After 45 mins I've reached a nice plateau. Music sounds great, dancing feels like I'm locked into the sound. However, not getting the empathy feeling like I get with MDMA. Still feel quite 'distant' from others and not getting the same kind of connection when users around are on MDMA.
2nd dose was taken at 2:15. This is when I could feel myself sliding down the hill to normality. This 2nd dose hit harder than the 1st! Had to have a little sit down and a few words to myself after this one. Strong gurning, jaw tightened and crazy eye wiggles. Felt very very good. Back to the dance floor. Music sounded fantastic. I began bouncing around like the energizer bunny. Suddenly, I was feeling very horny. My radar was on full scanning alert and I was picking up quite a lot of traffic! I actually felt like quite a perv, but didn't seem to care. However, I did keep myself together. Didn't want to make a complete tit of myself trying to pull someone else's girlfriend, but it took a lot of willpower!
3rd dose taken around 4am. Not sure exactly, but the 2nd dose kept me going for around 2 hours. The 3rd dose didn't hit like the 2nd. I would estimate that it put me back close to where I was after the 1st 200mg. Nothing really to add here. The magic wasn't gone but I understood that the trip was coming to an end.
I left the club at 6am. Home and was able to sleep by approx 8am. Again, I felt no urge to re-dose. Awoke by 12, felt quite slow and tired. A bit achy and noticeably cold and shivery. Went out for some food. I felt a bit spaced out, but nothing worse than a night out on MDMA or coke. I spent the rest of the day inside, watching TV and drinking a few beers.

Overall, I liked the 4-MMC experience. I didn't feel any major issues over the resulting days and I have no intention of taking any more for at least another month. I don't rate it as highly as MDMA (not close really) but as an alternative where you know what you are getting, I think it is a good alternative.

Happy and safe tripping.
Tragiclemming
substancecode_mephedrone

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on your description, 4-MMC doesn't sound very comparable to MDMA, but seems very similar to "plain" amphetamines. Have you ever tried (meth)amphetamine before?

Based on your description, 4-MMC doesn't sound very comparable to MDMA, but seems very similar to "plain" amphetamines. Have you ever tried (meth)amphetamine before?
Yes, I have tried methamphetamine. I wouldn't say it was very similar to those experiences. I would say that 4-MMC is more comparable to MDMA than methamphetamine, but just not as enjoyable or deep as MDMA. MDMA has a lot more 'personality.' As an occasional alternative, 4 -MMC is fun, but not magical.

in my experience, meph is much closer to mdma in its "pleasure factor" if you know what I mean, but the most important difference is that shortly afterwards you don't really feel like you've been through anything meaningful (which is what i usually experience with md in some form or other), giving you the craving to take a bit more...

not in the same way as speed though, due to the shorter duration for the most part. It does become more more and speed-like as you redose.

I guess if I had to summarise for you I would say it's a kind of shallow/purely hedonistic version of mdma which lasts much shorter and much more readily turns into the speedy kind of high when "desire to take" overtakes the pleasure from being on the drug itself... hope that makes sense.

I guess if I had to summarise for you I would say it's a kind of shallow/purely hedonistic version of mdma which lasts much shorter and much more readily turns into the speedy kind of high when "desire to take" overtakes the pleasure from being on the drug itself... hope that makes sense.
I think that is a pretty accurate summary. Shallow with an increasing risk of redosing! =D