• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Mental problems from Ketamine

Badly synthesized acid is one potential hypothesis with very small remnants of hydrochloric acid in it

Lesson to be learned never ever take anything which stings the skin. Could be acetone, hydrochloric acid, something else which causes it.

How is your mental cognition? Memory, speech, sleep, feeling tired all the time?

What drugs did you take since then.
mentally i’m in the worst shape possible, memory is fried and im constantly tired. Also im paranoid as fuck all the time now about what i drink and eat. I definitely have brain damage and PTSD from the whole situation. I’d like to say I never touched drugs again, but unfortunately I did. coke and weed, but I’m completely sober for a year now.

Could have been mdma for all you know, you can't descibe what it looked like if it was dry/wet/granule size/colour/taste or was it a liquid etc....

Something badly acetone washed also at a guess which can cause stinging maybe a RC.

Edit: If you laugh that it wasn't mdma, I do remember people posting here about badly synthesized mdma years ago when the mdma drought was about 2012-2014 iirc

Edit2: or it could be a drug which is mimicking mdma which has been acetone washed like pma, pmma
read that thread, the posts before and after that one, about the pma containg pills, which could have been crushed up and acetone washed, known to make you sweat like a pig.
The pma, pmaa pills were about 2010 already. Pma is apparently water soluble at a certain temperature...

When was years ago?

If it was a liquid, then pcp maybe but it wouldn't explain the sweating afaik maybe badly synthesized lsd analogue.
Lsd makes that your body can't regulate its temperature.
bro i didn’t understand any of that shit in that thread you posted about pma, I have no idea what all that chemistry shit is i’m a country boy lol.

Hmm, I'm not sure what that sounds like. I guess it kind of sounds like maybe PCP? But I don't have personal experience with that, so I'm just going based off symptom lists on the interwebs. It could very well be some type of RC (research chemical). And it would be impossible to figure out which one, because there are so many different substances out there that we put into that category. It very much does not sound like ketamine though, and it doesn't really sound like LSD either.

Most of your current symptoms could be explained by PTSD from the event, though. It can have surprisingly huge effects on things like memory and just general brain functioning. I'm guessing you don't have any actual brain damage from the drug, it's just all PTSD. Only doctors could tell you for sure though.

We will never know what it was, but what's happening now isn't from the drug. It's either:

1) drug had a strong effect and resulted in an exacerbation of a psychiatric disorder (inevitably pre-existing to a degree, and I'd bet already to a fair degree in this case)

2) a true drug emergent precipitation of a psychiatric disorder that was not very apparent or in the prodromal stages (rare, but it happens occasionally, and again, the disorder was often latent or in prodromal stages). Most cases occur in young people. Occurred in my uncle actually, when he was 15 he had a psychotic break from playing around with angel dust (more than one time, wasnt just once), and has since been severe schizophrenic. But it was latent most likely, because my grandmother (his mother) developed severe schizophrenia around 5 years later. Rarely does a normal 45 year old take a dose of a PCP and become schizophrenic (probably it would have already manifested before).

3) not a result of the consumption at all, drug might have even been inert, and post is continuing manifesting of an already active psychiatry disorder (like that one person who thought someone was drugging them by putting some in their shoes, or etc

4) can't think of another, except for some more bizarre circumstances

mentally i’m in the worst shape possible, memory is fried and im constantly tired. Also im paranoid as fuck all the time now about what i drink and eat. I definitely have brain damage and PTSD from the whole situation. I’d like to say I never touched drugs again, but unfortunately I did. coke and weed, but I’m completely sober for a year now.
Do you do teeth clenching/grinding?

Do you think that it could be home/badly brewed methamphetamine?

The duration, the sweating, the bad after effects, it looked like shards, you being in the States etc...

Some people don't give a fuck what they sell you and even intentionally want to get you hooked.

500mg of that stuff will give you the tiredness, mental fog etc...

Last edited:
Do you think that it could be home/badly brewed methamphetamine?

The duration, the sweating, the bad after effects, it looked like shards, you being in the States etc...

Some people don't give a fuck what they sell you and even intentionally want to get you hooked.

500mg of that stuff will give you the tiredness, mental fog etc...
could be man tbh

but i don’t understand how i would’ve had that dissociative feeling, because i def felt like I was dying, Like a impending doom/ego death type of feeling so it was prob Pcp and meth mixed

Those 'after effects' are not permanent.
You've got to give that event a place in history in life.

Can you handle mushrooms lsd?
Trawl through the forums. Loads of info there.
Stay clear of charlie.

Last edited:
Those 'after effects' are not permanent.
You've got to give that event a place in history in life.

Can you handle mushrooms lsd?
Trawl through the forums. Loads of info there.
Stay clear of charlie.
yeah I probably could but, i don’t do anything anymore i’m sober

Last time I did ket, i got this awkward, confused and disgusted feeling for a long time, few weeks even. Never had that before. I also took lsd with it, but I blame on ketamine for those feelings. After glow? None. After glow from lsd? Yes, a lot.
I'm little concerned to take ketamine again, soon I hope, but little nervous because it felt so meh Last time. I think it was rasemic with too much r-isomer in it, i have used pure r-ket and it was stupidly boring, physically and mentally.
I hope I did not Lost the beautiful, calming and soothing effect with ketamine, because I absolutely love it and it is my drug of choice (with weed of course).

but i don’t understand how i would’ve had that dissociative feeling, because i def felt like I was dying, Like a impending doom/ego death type of feeling so it was prob Pcp and meth mixed
Or ketamine crystals/shards and meth.

It still could have been just ketamine crystals but very doubtfull due to the burning effect and sweating which I've never experienced myself.
If you take 500mg and you have no tolerance that can give you a very long 'trip'.
Also if you're not in the right frame of mind or the wrong set and setting it can make you quite paranoid.
500mg will send you in to a k-hole which can make that you think that you're dying if some of the above line applies.

I remember my first time doing a big line of ket in a club after being up for a long time on a comedown, that made para as fuck.

Was it your first time doing 'ketamine', before that event any other drug usage?
Heavy drinking maybe?
Ket dosage is 60-120 mg

Last edited:
Or ketamine crystals/shards and meth.

It still could have been just ketamine crystals but very doubtfull due to the burning effect and sweating which I've never experienced myself.
If you take 500mg and you have no tolerance that can give you a very long 'trip'.
Also if you're not in the right frame of mind or the wrong set and setting it can make you quite paranoid.
500mg will send you in to a k-hole which can make that you think that you're dying if some of the above line applies.

I remember my first time doing a big line of ket in a club after being up for a long time on a comedown, that made para as fuck.

Was it your first time doing 'ketamine', before that event any other drug usage?
Heavy drinking maybe?
Ket dosage is 60-120 mg
i’ve never done ketamine before that, i don’t even like drugs like that tbh just smoking weed and cocaine, I know other people that have tried the same kind and they also said it fucked them up for a long time. So i know it didn’t just fuck me up in the head. There’s no telling, could’ve been PCP mixed with LSD and some meth… I mean i don’t think anyone has ever tried to mix all that together.

Last time I did ket, i got this awkward, confused and disgusted feeling for a long time, few weeks even. Never had that before. I also took lsd with it, but I blame on ketamine for those feelings. After glow? None. After glow from lsd? Yes, a lot.
I'm little concerned to take ketamine again, soon I hope, but little nervous because it felt so meh Last time. I think it was rasemic with too much r-isomer in it, i have used pure r-ket and it was stupidly boring, physically and mentally.
I hope I did not Lost the beautiful, calming and soothing effect with ketamine, because I absolutely love it and it is my drug of choice (with weed of course).
idk what after glow means lol

The first time I'd ever used ketamine I didn't have any afterglow either.

That was a time when I thought that there were heroin laced ecstacy pills about which was nonsense.
I'd just done too many of them and a high mdma joker pill floored me. 😅

The first time I'd ever used ketamine I didn't have any afterglow either.

That was a time when I thought that there were heroin laced ecstacy pills about which was nonsense.
I'd just done too many of them and a high mdma joker pill floored me. 😅
bro there was nothing good about my experience at all. absolutely nothing. was straight up panic attack after panic attack and me chugging gallon after gallon of water because i was so thirsty. had to be some poisonous shit.

There is absolutely no way to know. I also suspect that this was a very traumatic experience for you and is causing flashbacks. The whole definition of flashbacks was originally coined to describe flashing back to traumatic experiences, period, not just drug experiences.

So, the good news, and not the minimizing of it, is that "it's all in your head". Well, not all of it maybe, but a lot of it might be psychological at this point. Again, I'm not minimizing "psychological". People in Haiti have hexes put on them and they go off and die. It's psychological, but they're still dead. Psychological is powerful and real. However, it also means that if you work hard, with your therapist and without, you have the tools to come back from it to a huge degree.