Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help! Mental Health RX's & vvShrooms

Devon92

Greenlighter
Hello,

I take 3 mental health meds that prevent my shroom trips; Lamictal, Depakote & Seroquel.

Does anyone have experience with taking similar RX's while being able to enjoy a trip? If you withheld your meds, how long did you do so?

Thanks!

I would not recommend stopping your meds. It can take a couple of weeks to wash out of your system, and stopping cold for that amount of time is not safe.

My younger brother takes an SSRI which I can't remember which but it definitely messed with his ability to feel mushrooms and he thought they didnt work when he ate 2 grams and basically felt nothing according to him. So he tried again a couple months later cocky that even if he ate alot he probably wouldnt feel it so theres no harm in trying a larger dose and I think he said he tried 4 grams and within a couple hours was crying 'Make it stop" and couldnt get off the floor haha. So Im not sure if some drugs completely block them or if they just raise your tolerance alot while still be able to break though. I dont know if there is any dangers associated with large doses on those kind of meds though so take what I said with a grain of salt. One thing I will say is a shroom trip is so subjective to each individual that some people will claim "they didn't work" because there are little to no open eye visuals yet almost all of my most intense shroom trips visuals were always a background thing sometimes barely seeing any yet completely tripping balls blasting through hyperspace with my eyes closed seeing all sorts of patterns and different worlds on the back of my eye lids while listening to my favorite thing while tripping on youtube "Psynation Radio with liquid soul and ace ventura" those guys will take you on a fucking journey with their playlists and theres so many to choose from just hit play and close your eyes for the next hour or two. My last trip I at probably a quarter of home grown b+ and I was writhing on my couch eyes closed yelling to "god" "it feels too goooooooooooo arggggggggggggggh" hahah and just twisting around on my couch laughing like a maniac and crying too. Shrooms are my favorite even if they take some work to "figure out how to trip" and can be a bit unnerving man they put ever other drug to shame for me with body euphoria, just gotta experiment and find your sweet spot, I dont even use a scale anymore my brain is the scale now so I know if Im not feeling how i want by hour 1 or whatever time to eat some more until I get there. Sorry for rambling I just love shrooms so much hah.