Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Melbourne - TERIYAKIANARKISAKI - Room 680 - 28th May

kryalkastleE

Bluelighter
Thought Dee dee would have posted this by now, but i think everyone needs to start getting EXCITED so on his behalf i'll post it here .... ITS GONNA BE HUGE :)........................

And for all of you Tezza faithful and new-comers alike... Here is the next kick-ass super-party from the legendary Teriyaki Anarki Saki stable...

You all probably thought we'd curled up and gone to sleep, vanished off the face of the earth or worse, right? Well you're all WRONG!!! A rolling stone gathers no moss and Teriyaki Anarki Saki will never die!

For our first party of 2004 we invite you to come and celebrate not only that but also our 8th god-damned Birthday! There's no fooling anyone: we love to party! And we couldn't hang on any longer.

Keep your eyes peeled for all the juicy details of the party of the year or go to the Teriyaki Website if you're really eager.

All we'll say for now is we're on...

Friday 28th of May
AT ROOM: 680, Glenferrie Road, Hawthorn
The classiest dancehall around.

Can't wait to see all you serious party-heads and trashbags!

teriyaki2.jpg

ah
yes
yaki
end of next month
gives me plenty of time to be preparedz0r

*notes yaki into diary*

xD

Does anyone know if there are any internationals lined up to play at this event?

Melb: Tezza 8th Birthday: Fri 28 May + Full Line-up

Alright you long suffering Teriyaki fans... The dawning of a new age is upon us and TERIYAKI IS TURNING 8!!!

No small effort, and to celebrate (as we always do) we're hosting a Supa-Birthday Party Extravaganza...wooohoooo!!! This event will be in the no-holds-barred, ultra-pumping, funky-arsed, phobia-free tradition that Tezza Birthday parties are famous for, so wack a few big stars in your party diary for FRIDAY 28th MAY at Melbourne's most excellent party venue: ROOM. Spread tha word 'cos we're not getting any younger and let's face it you just can't take ya Teriyaki full-flavoured party action for granted these days!

And to wet ya appetites check out this ultra-corker line up... Fresh off tha Press...here it goes:

On tha MAINFLOOR:

NICK "Disko Daks" TAYLOR- Byron Bay legend in his own lifetime...tha psychedelic disco duck returns to Melbourne for one show only...Nick Taylor at tha decks always shows his experience and class.

DJ PIXLETON Vs T.REK- A dynamic, bionic, funkitronic duo if ever there was one...if you haven't checked out this combo getcha butt out and bust a move!

MIKE CALLENDER - Always rises to the occassion at Tezza, and a nice bloke to boot...

DEE DEE - After such a break between Teriyaki events, Melbourne's favourite techno rodent will no doubt be in one of those moods...to shake tha pants off the dancefloor that is!

SLIEKER - For 8 years at Teriyaki, Slieks has dedicated himself to tha art of making our disco rock...and he's not about to let us down now...Can't wait!

SLACK - Tha Slack Monsta is gaggin' for this party... when you live for quality entertainment like Jace you're either mad or mighty determined to move some funky arses. Or both!

DISKO PUSSY - Our Disco hasn't been the same since this Disko hit such humping pumping form... not much in club land is a sure thing but Daisy rockin tha Tezza 8th Birthday...c'mon!!!

...no flies on that line-up

In the "We Are Rockstars" HEADMUFF disco-chill

DAVE CHESTWIG - Na na he's no clown, that hair on his chest is no muff... it's Chestwig in party form...he he...

PRINCESS TRASH - Aaagg but she's so sweet, why does she call herself Trash? I don't understand!

POO COW TOO - Stop it Chicken, all this arschenschlicken is makin me sicken...Come and catch Davo before he runs up tha mountain to suck bongs and wank like fury!?!

TOWERING MOOSE Vs DANCING BEARTHE romantic dreaming spirits of the Headmuff...we will follow you anywhere!

MARTIN Vs LADY DI- You may have thought Lady Di was dead! huh... little did you know that she's actually been hiding out in St.Albans training her voice for her eventual return to stardom via tha pop charts... it's a miracle!

BASS BIN LADEN - Speaking of hiding out, the worlds most wanted man reveals to tha disco bretheren his songs of praise to Allah... thoroughly endorsed.

So we hope all you true fans of this party lifestyle can see it's really shaping up like a not-to-be-missed occassion... The first Teriyaki for 2004, our 8th (phew) Birthday celebration and a line-up worthy of setting in stone... Forget Sat 29th... FRIDAY 28TH MAY promises to be an auspicious delicious festival of dance and frivolity... no corners cut!

Melbourne's most experienced, audacious and re-inventive club is ready to rock your sox off...catch ya there, party frocks on and ready to mumble!!!

Get those tongues wagging, spread the word that we're on... if you want to help out by putting up posters and putting flyers in shops etc, and handing them out at party's please email us. Because, this party is not only what we can make of it, but what you can too!!!

Thanks folks...

Love

Dee Dee

Oh... and check out the website too: Teriyaki Anarki Saki

Just had to merge your thread DeeDee, sorry. Kryalkastle had already made one with replies.. I will be travelling Australia and can't make it :( But I think I'll goto all the Yaki's I can this year, Dave Clarkes set at POW put faith in clubs for me again..

Bring out DJ RUSH or surgeon? :p

God someone bring out Rush and I'll have their children - or at least find a bevy worthy of spawing their children...

You hear that? A bevy :p

GoYaki.

almighty wazza: my apologies and I see no problems... you are boss... boss...

there's an international for this event: his name is Nick Taylor. though now that he lives in Byron Bay, you probably wouldn't class him as such! In any case, he's a pom, has produced music a long time ago with the legendary tsuyoshi Suzuki (it was trance back then, but don't be fooled into thinking he's going to play trance... not that there's anything wrong with that.. not my cuppe though)

as for surgeon and rush.... I have to say that they bore the pants off me... i used to be into them a long time ago... you gotta remember that I've been playing their music for yonks... but i know that heaps of people like them still... and good on them... they are great artists... again, not my cup-o-tea... that make sense?

anyway... why we focusing on who we should bring out? and not the great big f**k off 8th birthday extravaganza that this party is going to be? ;) and what we're going to wear... and... focus people... focus!!!! ;)

seriously though, we are so excited about this one... by the time this party hits, it will have been just over 6 months since the last one... way way way too long!!!

and we do love hearing who all you tezza dancers like.... internationals that is... now what about those hard-working locals? (me included ;))

enough blather...

love

dee dee

ps... that was supposed to sound as lighthearted and jokey-ish.... came across to me a bit hard like... sorry... ahaiy... sheesh...

still love

dee dee

right back at ya mate, no problems.. And I came off like "I want them' mine was in jest as well..

EVERY YAKI party has been fantastic (been to a few now hehehe) but these days, it's just hard to get to clubs. Been to like 1 past 8-10 months. I think I'll make yaki an exception hopefully after my holidays and stuff..

time to get PMPD! :)

fk internationals. bring on steve law.

c u there.

hehehe

on a dj rush set he uses "This is the end" by the doors....damn him stole DeeDee's trademark!

and btw dee dee - anything happening for poster promo??

*pump up people*

oh shit. I'm flying out to Europe the day before so I'm pulling out of this one :( :( first yaki birthday I've missed in like 4 years !!!

Nezo... why o' why... what's europe got that we don't? sheeesh...

and KK... as always... you rock HARD!

With only 3 weeks to go, I am personally losing it: supa-excited... Pump up the volume most certainly... Teriyaki has now entered the building!

Love

Dee Dee

PS: A little bit on Nick Taylor quoted from DJ Slack.

"Well Nick Taylor is a legend in his own life time. He was an innovative 1st generation player in tha psychedelic trance scene in the early & mid 90's & also a producer on Psyharmonics & his label (co-founded with Tsyoshi)...Matsuri records, & these days he is based out of Byron Bay where he runs the Edgecore label. A few years back Nick somewhat re-invented his DJ sound & reacquainted his listeners with Disco, 80's remixes & tuff Disco-Rock-Techno... i think he is easily amongst Australia's most experienced, innovative & well respected players
Our very own Disko Pussy will be interviewing Nick for ITM over the coming weeks, & there will also be feature stories on him in the next few issues of BEAT & INPRESS. Nick embodies a mature approach to playing & shows the play scene there's a lot of ways to sound funky & firm without beating people over tha head!"

baileylsd said:
^^^ lol, i would hope so, but they have dress themes :)

dress as a kandy raver or a skank :p

noone will complain if you shave your legs

WHAT'S IT COST TO CROSS THE THRESHOLD FROM MUNDANE REALITY TO ULTRA-FUN, ACTION-PACKED, SUPA-PARTY MAYHEM?

we will probably charge you a hefty (not!) 25 buckets... and then probably ask for 25 dollars too!

so that should roughly translate to be: $25- Divided by 8 hours (11pm - 7am) = $3.125 per hour = great value!

what say all you people? (Quote: Kate Bush) (Why do I undermine my coolness by admitting that I know the lyrics to Kate Bush!!!) ;)

Tezza+Dress-up+Lose-your-phobias= F**knn awwright!!!

love

dee dee

ps: was that too much info?!! :)

pps: ye shall only be allowed in as kandy raver or skank, or fairy etc, if ye shave all visible hair...

ppps: now even I know that was going too far... Forgive Me?!? ;)

Mixed, mashed, techno FREAKS and anything else that can come out of a schpeaker... okay okay, so the crew are getting pierced, fluffed, spiked and painted for this one...

SupportTheDeeDee, CheerForTheYaki, BigUps to NoDowns - lets party harty people... for Yaki comes but once a... hangon, no it fucking doesnt - but anyway...

YakiYakiYakiYakiYakiYakiYakiYakiYakiYakiYakiYakiYakiYakiYakiYaki