• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

MELBOURNE.:Godskitchen:.October 8th:.Melbourne Park:.

hello all! ... did anyone here know if there were any sets broadcasted on the radios from the night ? last year they had bt set broadcastes on nova..... wouldnt mind listening to gab and dres after seeing em:D

hmmm hybrid rocked my world that was some tasty stuff

big thanks to LD50 for all his assistance and kindness :D

anyone know what style of music hybrid play? i remember it was the best thing ive ever heard but was too chopped to remember even a bar of it... hrrmmm... im guessing progressive trance/house???

Oh boy did I enjoy my Melbourne visit...:D

What a sweet place to party! ...and some dame friendly people!

He's the rundown...
Taxied it there... walked in.... I don't believe it no dogs at the door, and friendly security! No one even asking everyone to take everything out of pockets! Boy did I feel silly when I got in the event and took my stick of chewing gum out of my sock!
You see up in Sydney at the raves here the security search ya (even went right through my wallet at the Utopia a few weeks ago) and make everyone thow out thier chewie...:p

Thought the main areana was a little guetto/wharehousey but what the hay. Still very cool with the lasers and all. Chatted with friendly RaveSafe. Cool bunch...
Got a record signed by Gabriel & Dresden. Stuck with the main arean. Thought Gabriel & Dresden and also BT were very progressive... almost rock'n roll which was kinda sucky as I'd expeced them to play awesome upliting trance. Still G&D "As the Rush Comes" absolutey went off!!! he he now I have a signed copy!!:) Also BT "Love Comes Again"....just awesome...

Expected Above & Beyond to be mostly all light airy nothing trance (all filler tracks) like most the stuff of theirs I've heard on the net from Anjunabeats. Instead It was their set that saved the night.... the soft sunrise light coming in, the nice uplifting trance melodies (It was actually really good trance... I had their stuff playing in my head well after the party was over)... really made everyone peak. Very nice =D

Very cool that they have water bubblers and taps to fill your water bottles in Melbourne... Sydney sure has a lot to learn. Even told by some Melbournian ravers that their clubs look after ya. Some will hand out fruit, lollies and have water all for free.

Had heaps of energy so descided to check out an afterparty. Made friends with some friendly randoms and we went together to Trauma (the Unofficial GK recovery party). They heaps looked after me and showed me around Melbourne on lots of random walkabouts :D. We partied (and chatted heaps) till the recovery party closed at 3pm! Oh boy I'm not used to the Melbourne thing of partying so long! Heh heh "Recovery Party"... I love Melbourne... just so cool...

Loved how there were sooooooo many people in phat pants, crazy hair, chics with those funny (sometimes sexy) fluffy ankle things just walking around the streets of Melbourne (and going to clubs) all Sunday.

While I was watching how the Mebournians do the Mebourne shuffle I came accross a patch of sand on the floor. I was like huh?! Did someone spill some sand? Maybe it was a raver to make it more slippery to dance on? Later on while dancing I cought a raver in phatties next to me with a big shakker throwing white powder all around him to dance... I was like hey cool then he threw a big patch for me! Sweet!!! =D I was like wwwip wwwwep wwwip shuffling all over the place! Can't believe how nice and slippery it makes Mebourne Shuffling on the dance floor!

So um found out it's talkum powder.... so eh if you see some nice white patches on the dance floors in Sydney with a funny sweet smell... heh heh you know who to blame!!!;)

well i had a great night. got there about midnight and checked all the rooms out. chatted with some randoms and then had a bit of a boogie to gabriel and dresden. i didnt overll enjoy their set, it was a little too....light...(for use of a better word) for me. but i did enjoy as the rush comes, although burrens mix is sooo much better. had a chat with1234, not for as long as id hopedd... i loved BT's set, i thought it was really good, and really enjoyed 'dreaming'.... ran into pop popavich and duckboy later on throughout the night, and had a chat. loved the cadbury jacket i must say!
above and beyond werent that great, but i really dont like it when it starts to get light, so maybe it put a dampener on the music.
overall i think it was a really enjoyable party, lots of good people, and suprisingly not that many muzzas!!!

^^^ I did not see you and Nick once!
So random, where were you guys most of the night?

big thanks leecie :)

its such nice music... went out last night in perth and the music line up was... hard NRG, hard trance, hardcore and hard style. of course theres always the DnB option but im getting fairly sick of it im sorry to say. it seems that people think that faster and louder = better. argh

ever since i visited melbourne i feel like an alien in perth, suddenly i just dont belong here, its a nice city but the culture/music/people generally suck ass. sure there are some awesome people here but melbournians are on the whole so much friendlier, laid back and open minded...

fuck it i will just have to move there i think :) see you later perth, i cant put up with your shit now that ive seen the greener grass on the other side. im really noticing how aggro most people in perth are when they go out... not violent mind you but just generally agressive. personally i just think they are ignorant and scared, all trying to puff themselves up to look bigger than the next guy. pathetic!

i love the vibe in melbourne :) and the music is soooo damn good. id never heard psytrance until i visited there... damn thats tasty stuff!!!! ooops im babbling in totally the wrong topic heh cyas :)

this was a surprisingly good night. the crowd was the usual, but not as packed in as it has been in the past, the company was fantastic, and the music was good. i was a little disappointed with bt (though his set was fantastic, it didn't live up to his two tribes '04 one), but nick warren made up for that. he was my pick of the night.

i love my job, i got paid $70 after tax for 3.5 hrs work (mind u im getting taxed at a high rate) for sitting there with 2 mad girls just dancing in mischeif and offacionally serving someone a drink.... plus i got 15 in tips. then walked out, got changed, and walked back in and had a ball *does a little dance*

Well I enjoyed the night. It'd been my first time out in a long time so I had fun regardless. I only went into the Bass room and Main arena. Bass room, as always rocked me hard and the Main arena was good... music was average, but besides that everything else was cool. Ran into Muzby and IamTha1 and thats about it... :)

^^I thought that was you! Why didn't you stick around to chat?
Yeah Gods Kitchen was alright, funnily enough, my friend made a video college of all the acts with an especially awesome video of BT's opening... it looked better then what it really was!!

So yes, the memories from the video montage will remind me of good times... :p

Twas okay.

Hybrid rocked me.
BT was pretty good but never quite got going.
Nick Warren put in another solid (and outstanding) performance.
Sean Quinn closed in style and kept me moving even when my legs were killing me.

Good to see a few familiar faces out and about.
The great company made the night for me.

I even patted a sniffer dog :)

That is all.

Duckboy said:
Sean Quinn closed in style and kept me moving even when my legs were killing me.

I know that feeling oh too well. ;)

Often I arrive home from an event tired as fuck and find I can't sleep because my legs are too sore (note: this is when I've only drunk booze for the night).

I had a great night. I was in the main room most of the night. The crowd was very good over all, very friendly, met lots of good randoms, very little attitude over all. The music was a bit flat for me. I like journeys, and it stayed the same level most of the night, but it was great 'back ground' music, so it made me, and alot of other people talk alot ! It was great to see lots of people dressing 'up' and keeping it special.

The security was fine. Free water really good. Market great. Massage chairs amazing as usual.

The light in the morning was a bit harsh - reminds me of altona!

Duckboy said:
I even patted a sniffer dog :)

I was under the impression you're not supposed to touch the dogs...
Interesting that. Next time cover your hands in pepper and shake them well in front of its nose ;D