• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Melb. Digital Electronic Music Festival. REVIEWS April 25th

Yeah. Had a good day. Not the all time greatest best but none the less a good day.

Managed to find my dancing shoes properly for Freeform Five's set. Had a ball dancing it up to some funky electro house. =D

Came to decision that i am somewhat over trance. Was feeling a bit let down with the event - whch ithink was a combination of not really *loveing* the music in the pharmacy room, and the headache i could feel building in the back of my head from the ridiculous THUNPING in my head whilst in the pharmacy room. Well, things changed once i found the Nasty room, had a ball once i was in there, and just chilled and danced in there. :D

What i saw of David Caretta was awesome. Unfortunaltye we went to get ice cream part way through, and missed a large chunk.

I agree with teh VIP passes. I mean, all they seemed to do was create a somewhat uselessly elite class. :\

As for proper toilets - There were lovely toilets in the "nasty" room. Also lovely couches, which were great for sitting and enjoying the ambience.%)

All in all a good wholesome event. Will go back again, i just wish there was a bit more space - It seemed so cramped outside in that minimal space outside the rooms. Ended up having to leave the event if i wanted to sit down properly.

Obviously didn't enjoy seeing a couple of girlies wheeled and stretchered out of the event. But no one ever likes to see that... 8)

It was a great event but overall I had a shithouse time due to circumstances beyond my control :(.

Still, Brewster B, The Hacker, Carretta and Scratch Perverts rocked out!

If I ever run raves I will ensure that anyone fucked on G is expelled from the venue. And if i'm feeling nice i wont call the cops.

Edit: To clarify what might seem like a cruel statement, i don;t mean that if someone is blowing out i want them kicked out, by all means get those peeps an ambulance. Just the people that come and do way too much G and act like beligerent fuckheads need to go.

^^^ hope you're feeling better now, potato! it made me sad to see you like that :(

Overall, I loved the event. I've never been to that venue before, so it was a nice change from Melb Park/Altona/Moorabbin/Various clubs. Thought the set up was good, with space to sit outside in the warm sun, with all the plants around. It had a nice vibe to it. Just a bit weird dancing in the Pharmacy room with the sun shining in :\

The crew I was with were tops, as was the rest of the crowd - a really good mix of people. Met a lot of really cool people :)

The music early on was great. Really enjoyed David Caretta and danced so hard during his set. Also loved Nu NRG, even though I think I'm moving on from the hard dance and trance, and becoming more of a techno/electro fan.

Was disappointed by the Hacker, but had a bit of a dance to Kai Tracid and then Anne Savage to make up for it, and I got a photo with her afterwards :D And then Ben Kakoschke was cool. Went to take a look at Proteus, and he was nuts! So hard and fast and scary!

I was quite disappointed with the Pharmacy and Redline rooms - they were so light, even after the sun went down. Don't know why they had all the lights on 8( Also annoyed about the lack of water facilities - had to wait for ages to refill water bottles in the bathrooms.

Despite these few irritations, I thought it was a great event, and I'd definately go again! =D

had a blast.

and there were atms..

but yeah, the price of drinks sucked..

yay for illegal burbon!! (all be-it body temperature)

potato said:
Edit: To clarify what might seem like a cruel statement, i don;t mean that if someone is blowing out i want them kicked out, by all means get those peeps an ambulance. Just the people that come and do way too much G and act like beligerent fuckheads need to go. [/B]

ahh yes, reminds me of why i rarely attend events any more......

^ Well i'm not far off that myself after Digital. I'm def taking a break from raves for a while. Unless I know that the crowd and vibe will be good beforehand i don't think i'm gonna bother anymore. Even for sweetarse internationals.

I really liked the crowd and vibe there.

Anyway I had a great day, hadn't been out in ages and loved it.

Only complaint I had was the lack of space, I tend to get cuastraphobic (Spelling?) in places like that.

<3