Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[MELB] Bass - Palace Farewell - Friday June 1st - The Palace

Nicci Da RoCkA

Bluelighter
Fingers crossed for the new location, the Palace will be missed by many.
A must for people who love bass!

THE LAST EVER RAVE AT THE PALACE

----- BASS MOVING CELEBRATION-----
FRIDAY JUNE 1ST 2007

Over the last Century The Palace (formerly known as Palais de Danse) in St Kilda has been host to some of the biggest international stars and some of the most memorable unique parties Melbourne has ever seen.
Bass has called the Palace home for the last 4 years, the third venue for our crew.. Now is the time to move on again as we continue to bring you the ever evolving sounds, spectacles and smiles you have come to know from us.

Friday June 1st will see the LAST EVER RAVE at our beloved Palace.. Come help us celebrate this important music icon and say goodbye to one of Melbourne’s legendary music venues on its last ever weekend.

Featuring a massive Dj Marathon with the Hard Bass Boys , Bass Butterflies and the ASMT dj movement + guests. First hundred people will receive a free pass to the opening night. Everyone to attend will also receive a free Bass membership worth $35.

Plus Massive Merch Moving Sale,Giveaways and more…

Don’t Miss This

– because you will NEVER get another opportunity…

NEW VENUE ANNOUNCED ON THE NIGHT

bass-lastever450.jpg

I haven't attended bass for years......but where the hell is it going to go to? Melbourne won't have any 'large' venues left in a year or two at the rate where going.

Taken from yesterdays Herald Sun...

I bolded the interesting bits...

St Kilda's $300m sea change

Ben Butler

May 26, 2007 12:00am

DEVELOPERS of the St Kilda triangle site are promising a $300 million pleasure garden by the sea - but will deliver a shopping centre as well.

A consortium headed by Sydney developers Citta Group and backed by merchant bank Babcock & Brown has won the right to spend $300 million developing the prime chunk of shore-front land on the Esplanade, next to Luna Park.

Planning Minister Justin Madden said the result would be "truly remarkable".

"I've no doubt that the redevelopment will become one of Melbourne's great social and cultural venues," he said.

The development is to include 1500sq m of open space, as well as a new 1500-capacity band room -- slightly smaller than the 1880-capacity Palace -- and a plethora of pubs, bars, nightclubs and restaurants.

But of the development's 40,000sq m of commercial space, 29,000sq m will be taken up by 181 shops, including a supermarket.

"It's not a shopping centre," Citta chief executive Stephen McMillan said. "It has elements of shopping in it."

The space figures do not include a boutique hotel, to be run by hospitality mogul Maurice Terzini of Caffe e Cucina and swank Sydney dining room Icebergs.

The hotel will feature walls that are vertical gardens, planted with greenery by French artist Patrick Blanc.

Other features of the design by architects Ashton Raggatt McDougall include a set of steps giving a view across Jacka Blvd to the bay, a Melbourne branch of British superclub Ministry of Sound and a 30m by 40m public square.

The heritage-listed Palais Theatre will get a $20 million makeover and a new operator, AC/DC tour manager and theatre producer Neil Croker.

The development is across three levels raking down towards the bay to keep beach views unimpeded.

City of Port Phillip councillor Dick Gross, who has been part of the 10-year process leading up to yesterday's announcement, poured scorn on the Palace nightclub's two-year campaign to halt the development and keep its building and parking lot.

"We've pulled down a parking lot and will put up a vibrant urban paradise," he said.

"The 'Big Yellow Taxi' has left the building, taking the parking lot with it and leaving a paradise with the same Palais, green public spaces, heaps of music venues, great architecture and up to 1000 new jobs."

On Thursday a major obstacle in the way of the redevelopment was removed when Jerry Pilarinos, leaseholder of the Palace nightclub abandoned plans to mount a High Court appeal against his eviction. The Palace will be demolished.

The operator of the heritage-listed Palais Theatre, Carolyn Harper, is still holding out.

Mr McMillan said yesterday Citta was ready to take over the venue within a week of Ms Harper being evicted.

Mr Croker plans to increase the number of shows from about 20 a year to up to 80.

City of Port Phillip chief executive David Spokes said comment on the planning documents would be sought during July and August.

The project is to be completed by the second half of 2010.
Also in Victoria

But why is it the last one there?? What's saying the new management of the Palace won't have any other "parties"

deeCee said:
But why is it the last one there?? What's saying the new management of the Palace won't have any other "parties"

Of course they will have other parties...but at either a different location or the Ministry club that will be built i guess

*shrugs*

The Palace itself is getting bull dozed but The Palais Theatre is getting a facwe lift/make over. From my understanding the two are on the same block of land but it looks like they may be individually owned buildings (?)

ive heard theyre making another shopping centre there. in that case they would have to knock down the theatre. I hope the new location makes it bigger n better :)

Palace rocked for sure...seen bands, dj's etc there, been to Bass and other weekly events there over the years....will be missed...

Nicci Da RoCkA said:
ive heard theyre making another shopping centre there. in that case they would have to knock down the theatre. I hope the new location makes it bigger n better :)

If you read the article I posted in the above post of mine it outlines the development plans. The Palais is NOT getting knocked down. Its getting a face lift. But The Palace (which is next door) is being torn down for the shopping centre, new band complex, bars, clubs etc etc...

HARD BASS ARENA
TRANCE/TECHNO/HARD TRANCE

10.00 - 11.30
Karl Brown vs DJ Klasic

11.30 - 01.00
Anth'm vs KYP

01.00 - 02.30
Tonka vs T2

02.30 - 03.30
Master Kaos

03.30 - 05.00
Chubbs Deluxe vs Dj Deviot

05.00 - 07.00
Steve Black vs Gazmatron

OUTSIDE ARENA
UPLIFTING TRANCE/HOUSE
/ELECTRO

09.00 - 11.30
Scratch & Burn

11.30-12.30
Billy The Kid

12.30-01.30
Aj the Dj

01.30-02.30
The P.K.

02.30 - 03.30
Czech Boy

03.30 - 04.30
15th Sine

04.30 - Close
Dave J aka Dodgy Dave

BUTTERFLY ARENA
THE HARD BASS CHICKS!

12.00 - 01.00
Nikki Sig

01.00 - 02.00
Artemis

02.00 - 03.00
Lani D

03.00 - 04.00
Claire Gearin

04.00 - Close
SikBitch

HARD BASS EVENTS ensures a safe club environment!!!

*DJ TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE*