• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Vaporizers Thread

I currently vape ~1/7 days per week, and use a bong the rest of the time. Vaporizers include DaVinci (current), Magic Flight Launch Box (current), and I've got an SSV and an Extreme sitting away in a drawer somewhere.

I would save my vaped weed until I got close to 40 grams, and then use it to make cookies with. I was aiming for about a gram per cookie. Every single cookie was a tighty whitey.

Thomas

I love my extreme q digital, although the both bowls somehow got broke and I haven't gotten around to ordering new ones.
My only problem with vapes is that if it's just yourself you still gotta go through 3 bags or spend awhile with a whip to get the whole bowl.
With groups of people it's awesome but if I'm by myself it's much easier to just pack my bong and torch it

Vapes are frigin sweet, bought one for $100 and have no regrets. It was pretty hard to get the handle of but now that i know ow to pack, clean and maintain it i am being served well. It requires less weed to get you even higher and the type of high you get is more cerebral which means you can walks and control your body better.

Vaporisers fo life, aswell as j's, bongs and the occasional pipe

Sorry if this is already posted but u can buy a steinel heat gun and use it with the volcano bag and chamber. I have this one Steinel HL1910E, cost bout £50, heats up alot faster, can fill the bag faster, cleans bongs really well and has other uses. Downside is u have to hold the chamber in place or create some kind of harness, and its noisier, but if you want volcano quality vapor for a fraction of the price it really works.

GOOOOOOD afternoon vaporists!
today is marked as 1 year of no combustion! its a happy day for my lungs!
keep vaping everyone

hi im hoping to get some sort of recommendation on a good quality pocket vaporizer. im looking for something discreet, looking more like a e-cig, something well worth my money and i need good quality. ive been looking into ego kits, g-pens and trippy sticks. any recommendations? thanks

^ I just got a Iolite vape.. very fucking nice. Not that discreet, but really who is going to be suspicious of a little machine that looks like a cheap ass MP3 player anyway lol?

well im really looking for vape pens, i just wanted to know some of the better brands, i cant seem to find one or more brands that are "all over" the internet market. each site seems to carry different "off-brand" pocket vapes. im really looking for some good quality ones, and as for the mp3 player being discreet, i think my mom will be able to findout what it is, seeing as i already have an ipod and she knows that i wouldnt buy a cheap mp3 player lol, and i mean no offense by that!!!

Salutations,

...Steinel HL1910E... ...can fill the bag faster, cleans...

113.gif

The Valloon immediately comes to mind.

...looking for vape pens... ...my mom will be able to findout...

So you're after the "Stealth" aspect before trivial considerations such as performance i guess.
106.gif

Good luck finding joy into that, i'd rather eat it but i much prefer the Heat Gun alternative over battery torture anyway, not that i've adopted any of those methods. Nobody is watching over my shoulders in any case so i just use a "2-stones" (modded) VG pipe, but that's me...

=D

Last edited:
i just bought my first 'real' vaporiser

i got da buddha!

does anyone who's had one for a long time have any protips? aka accessories which make the experience a lot better, what temp to vape at, should i get a glass on glass bong with a perc so i can hook it up with a bong/vape attachment?

Salutations Mysterie,

...got da buddha!

That's a vaporizer with good (read "clean") reputation so i wouldn't mind evaluating it myself - not to mention spare parts aren't an issue if/when necessary.

...any protips?

Mine was an HerbalAire and i used it for 25 months. My transition to fire (in March) made me realize how dry slow electric cannabic vapour can be, as a consequence i'd strongly suggest a moisturizing appliance, though nothing blown out of proportions since water washing takes its toll in terms of aroma/taste, IMHO...

=D

Hello hello...

I've owned an Arizer Extreme Q since March this year. It took some time to find my good temperature. I started taking notes each time I used it, and now usually vape around 395F - I would like to try getting into lower temps. I think I tend to rush the warm-up process.

I remember seeing someone ask about boiling points of the various components in cannabis. Here's the link to the BL post: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/543218-Specific-boiling-points-and-roles-of-cannabinoids

The boy bought me a cloud pen. I've been using it for about a month, and while I've already had to replace the atomizer (I think that's what it's called and it ended up working better than the one it came with) I'm pretty happy with it for what it is. It's compact, discreet, and perfect for any outdoor use/traveling about. I guess there's two cloud companies, i have the clear button one...i think its the "real" one. I'd eventually like to purchase a better quality set up for home to use with buds though when the time comes.

i have an Arizer Solo. i love the thing! its great for vapin concentrates as well as herb

Salutations everyone,

First of all please allow me to present in pictures my "HR" modded approach applied to some well known pipe:

2rqewdt.jpg

At left a VG Classic dual-loop retaining clip, at right a tripod-like (3-legs) heat-deflecting shield i've made out of a CPU heat-sink (e.g. aluminium)...

6ss784.jpg

2wf719c.jpg

Above variations on a theme, below some more of it including a snapshot showing how my personalized pipe appears overall:

25s8s5w.jpg
2lv1rg1.jpg

t0mbur.jpg

Now lets explain the principles behind, in case i may have stimulated the reader's curiousity...
5.gif

Well, above all it's "HR-wise" to me because this configuration lets me have heat up times as short as ~3 seconds when operated accordingly: there's the regular soft-drive method for those with no fear of potential butane-related contaminants but there's also a "red-hot" way it turns out!... My wooden pipe works best with a "yellow"/"candle" flame but i had a blue "jet"/"torch" flame in mind as i started exploring this, knowing the later is said to burn cleaner.

While working on my 2nd modded version nasal congestion appeared, followed by repeated (rafale) sneezing: i definitely felt it was a sign of sensivity to contaminants, which occured about when i was getting long heat up times (possibly excessive butane exposure)... I made corrections since then which i believe fixed the issue for all practical purposes (no more sneezing)!

The PVC articulated extension tube happens to be necessary because i've never really been comfortable with VG's HOT duck lips mouthpiece. Recent attempts to vaporize without it clearly showed how much i depended on that tool to climb my learning curve, perhaps i should have chosen their bronze model...

Anyway, the genuine VaporGenie fails to suit me well but i'm OKay with this modded version finally; those modification(s) must have shifted a few parameters here and there i guess! At the moment my favourite configuration is "3-Stones", "Twin-Shields" and PVC extender tube (it's my 10th modded version already). Observing the emergence of some (radiant) focus pattern i imagined a (defocussing) deflector part would prevent formation of a combustion precursor hot-spot and the cure behaved as expected, eventually, though i'm afraid aluminium is an excellent heat conductor and i'd rather have picked refractory material for the job (especially near the bowl). At least some aspects can be evaluated but aluminium turns my base shield into a scorching radiator, so i get the impression there's more to be done but that's as far as i can go mylsef.

Additionally, even with 3 mm of "foamy-rock" on top of an aluminium piece there's concern about putting this particular substance in the cannabic path while submitting it to intense heat. It may be acceptable for short term projects but - as a paying consumer - if such add-ons ever become available then i'll most probably want ceramic ones, or better: titanium i suppose! Etc. Go figure...

=D

hello people right was talking in the mdpv thread about vaping it and said about using one of these that you use for weed as a way but they did not think it would work now as ive never even seen one in real life im not sure if this is right , i was thing one of these
top-vapor-vp500-200-p.jpg
what do you guys think ? cheers :)

Salutations FoolsGold,

...never even seen one in real life...

It's never too late, actually i wish i had known myself thirty-some years ago!

...not sure if this is right... ...what do you guys think...

To me this is synonymous of BC clone, which means conduction. I'd suggest you favour convection vaping instead.

Eye-contact can't be wrong, it's helping me a lot when operating the pipe i must admit. Glass ain't bad neither, so lets see what brand/model corresponds to these 2 features, euh... Here's my list of candidates, in alphabetical order:

A.P.E. Vape (Nano/Desktop)
Aromed 4.0
Element (Basic/Deluxe)
GnOme
Herborizer (Sphere/Tube)
Vaponic
Vapocane
VaporGenie (Glass Bat/Pipe)
Vriptech (Vrip/VripMaster HW/Vaporization Chamber Bowl/Valloon)
Venus
Verdamper
Volatizer (M2)
VP110 and clones (e.g. Vaporite Glow-Pro, etc.)​

But the one submitted in your post corresponds to a modest budget so among those that might leave only a few:

GnOme
Vaponic
Vapocane
VaporGenie (Glass Bat/Pipe)

Now, if you prefer electric:

Personally i'd give fire a try 1st. A blue torch can provide flame stability combined to efficient butane burning, that would leave one of those:

GnOme
Vapocane

Since it's what's going on in the bowl which really matters i'd pick the GnOme i guess, for eye-contact and glass.

=D

Last edited:
hello to you to my friend and thanks for this . main reason ive not bothered looking into these is im a hash man not weed and just smoke a pipe but i love vaping my stims and guess you could use one of these to do the same

Salutations everyone,

First of all please allow me to present in pictures my "HR" modded approach applied to some well known pipe:

2rqewdt.jpg

At left a VG Classic dual-loop retaining clip, at right a tripod-like (3-legs) heat-deflecting shield i've made out of a CPU heat-sink (e.g. aluminium)...

6ss784.jpg

2wf719c.jpg

Above variations on a theme, below some more of it including a snapshot showing how my personalized pipe appears overall:

25s8s5w.jpg
2lv1rg1.jpg

t0mbur.jpg

Now lets explain the principles behind, in case i may have stimulated the reader's curiousity...
5.gif

Well, above all it's "HR-wise" to me because this configuration lets me have heat up times as short as ~3 seconds when operated accordingly: there's the regular soft-drive method for those with no fear of potential butane-related contaminants but there's also a "red-hot" way it turns out!... My wooden pipe works best with a "yellow"/"candle" flame but i had a blue "jet"/"torch" flame in mind as i started exploring this, knowing the later is said to burn cleaner.

While working on my 2nd modded version nasal congestion appeared, followed by repeated (rafale) sneezing: i definitely felt it was a sign of sensivity to contaminants, which occured about when i was getting long heat up times (possibly excessive butane exposure)... I made corrections since then which i believe fixed the issue for all practical purposes (no more sneezing)!

The PVC articulated extension tube happens to be necessary because i've never really been comfortable with VG's HOT duck lips mouthpiece. Recent attempts to vaporize without it clearly showed how much i depended on that tool to climb my learning curve, perhaps i should have chosen their bronze model...

Anyway, the genuine VaporGenie fails to suit me well but i'm OKay with this modded version finally; those modification(s) must have shifted a few parameters here and there i guess! At the moment my favourite configuration is "3-Stones", "Twin-Shields" and PVC extender tube (it's my 10th modded version already). Observing the emergence of some (radiant) focus pattern i imagined a (defocussing) deflector part would prevent formation of a combustion precursor hot-spot and the cure behaved as expected, eventually, though i'm afraid aluminium is an excellent heat conductor and i'd rather have picked refractory material for the job (especially near the bowl). At least some aspects can be evaluated but aluminium turns my base shield into a scorching radiator, so i get the impression there's more to be done but that's as far as i can go mylsef.

Additionally, even with 3 mm of "foamy-rock" on top of an aluminium piece there's concern about putting this particular substance in the cannabic path while submitting it to intense heat. It may be acceptable for short term projects but - as a paying consumer - if such add-ons ever become available then i'll most probably want ceramic ones, or better: titanium i suppose! Etc. Go figure...

=D

seems like an awful lot of modding for the results, I thought you had like 3 vaporizers already how many do you need Egzo? lol

I used to put off cleaning out mine but now I actually look forward to it because that gunk gets you stoned as hell

Hi again FoolsGold,

...hash man not weed...

Oh, hummm... Irony is i'm a former hashish smoker and yet i wouldn't know what to recommend among this selection with confidence.

Since temperature isn't strictly restricted while using fire devices i'd still go for that type of vaporizers. Perhaps you might inspire me different ideas if the initial selection criterias were different; do you vape outdoors/on-the-go? For example...

Electricity or butane? Manual, rheostatic or thermostatic? Analog or Digital?... Also, since most vapourizers produce dry cannabic vapour it's probably going to call for water conditioning, unless it's self-humidifying the way my pipe is, etc... So, personally i can tell you slow & dry ain't the best thing around and hence your setup is likely to include a water accessory anyway... As a consequence i'd try to find some nicely integrated vaporizer + water solution.

Well, etc., etc.

But i'm afraid i still can't share testimony from personal experience as i only started vaping in 2011 while i quit smoking in 2007, as i recall. Other members will have better insight, hopefully!

Good luck with that. I'd sure find interesting to see what feedback you'll obtain myself!

3.gif

...awful lot of modding for the results...

It's quite simple what the results are, i can't/don't enjoy the VaporGenie Classic as sold...

...I thought you had like 3 vaporizers already...

4, but not all at once and 3 were the same. To be exact i never got the luxury to acquire a "Ceramic Filter" while buying the VG pipe, so having 3 "stones" in 1 unit naturally implies the 2 others were salvaged from similar pipes. If that matters, i mean. My proposal to compensate for a thermal lense effect also applies to cases with only 1 "foamy-rock" and 1 "shielding spacer", one just needs to pick his prefered trade-off and since i've tried the less complex combinations already and VG "Ceramic Filters" are so hard to get then i'll stick with the present configuration for a while. I could try to relate about what my previous experiments were about but i'm not certain i'd remember the details in any case! Euh...

The VG Bronze model corresponds to some of my own requirements and that's no coïncidence: this Classic mouthpiece does get hot. At least i know that much...

=D

But this modded VG of mine remains a "Plan-B" and i don't have my "Plan-A" just yet, as a matter of fact: i'm on a quest too and nothing that i've seen or read about got my serious/undivided attention so far, but concepts similar to the Lotus/Supreme, maybe.

39.gif

Last edited: