• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA]Uncontrollable Shaking/Twitching/Muscle Spasms on Weed

Neko, your bump saved me from making a fool of myself and making a new thread asking the same question, thanks.

OT: Glad I'm not the only one!
I have Tourette's and thought the spasms were related to that. My mates called an ambulance the first time it happened to me, tripping balls in the ER is just plain awkward.

As it is, next time it happens I'm going to just chill out and enjoy it...yes, I actually found it fun as anything (if I'm not going to smack into stuff and hurt myself!), I was just scared something was badly wrong with me for a bit! Thanks CD :)

this sometimes happens to me when i get social anxiety. ive learned to control it alot more though, by just trying to focus on enjoying my high.

This happens to a lot of people. Also when I'm REALLY high i sometimes lose control of my legs and start walking backwards

I remember those days, i don't really get twitches anymore but i still get anxious when i smoke too much. I remember if i was real baked and i got a twitch it would be hard to get my mind off it, and i would think something is wrong and it would turn into an anxiety attack sometimes. The best thing to do is just not worry, worrying will always make things worse.

/\/\/\/\ I remember when I had my final beer. 9 yrs ago next month.

Drinking was sort of a hobby for me for 25+ yrs. Now I wake up feeling good. :\

yes. was scary as shit. and lasted hours. ive been smoking cannabis for 5 years regualrly, on my own , with friends , almost everyday and had already been through every trip that i thought i could possibly have. but this by far was the worst.
it started off great as do all trips. because ive had bad experiences with other drugs, i knew whilst the trip was getting bad that i needed to just let it ride out and that i knew i wouldnt die or anything, which is basically what you have to do. i was shaking frantically for nearly 5 hours alone in my room , going through a million and one things , death , life , friends just so many things. it ws beautiful but scary. there were times where i thought i should called the ambulance thats how bad it was but even when im high. im the least paranoid person which is why i let it ride out. one thing. call someone. let them distract you. it will help calm down the shakes. thats what i did.
i drank water. i ate . i did a lot of stuff haha. i turned off music and sound and didnt watch anything as it made me feel worse. at one point i thought i was already dead and had to keep asking my friend if i was. i also had an out of body experience and a hallucination that there was a giant rat in my room. i know it sounds silly. but yeah lmao.
the twitching was intense. ive twitched before when high. its kind of a give in. but nothing to that extent.
tbh though i smoked 3 bowls on my own and 2 joints on top of that that day. like i didnt realize till the next day. on top of that i drank a little and had eaten much that day and drank coffee (ive had a smaller version of this trip before after drinking coffee) whch is why the trip was worse, plus im a tiny girl and have no idea if that has anything to do with it... prob not. even though it was terrible whilst i was in it , i cant help but laugh at it now. you just have to relax. and it will go away.
the next day i felt the urge to smoke again but i havent and am having a break. ive always thought i had a high tolerance, but i guess i finally know my limit.
but yeah. just wanted to let you know that it has happened to me. and im riding it out now. after it happened. i felt a bit weird for a couple of days. but detox is always great.

Hi all,

Have only had time to read the first few pages so there may be a reference to my own situation I have yet to come across.

Anyway at 29 now I haven't smoked in about 6 years. Prior to that I was a heavy smoker for 5-6 years. The reason I stopped was because of a spasm I would get in the back of my head/neck causing my head to shake from side to side.

It used to happen only when I was stoned so I wrote it off and continued to smoke. One day in work however it happened. I was totally sober and it freaked me out. I quit cold turkey in the hope that it'd never happen again.

Unfortunately for me the spasm carried over to to my normal life. Not only did he spasm further develop, I was left with a tense feeling (about to spasm) 24/7 and eventually an intense muscular pain. It has probably been 8 years since my first ever spasm and I'm still dealing with it. I've had many scans and seen many different doctors to no avail. Obviously I told them how it started etc.

The only things that help are alcohol and benzos. Both very temporary solutions I may add.

So, this post is to serve two functions. 1) to warn that for some at least the spasms/shakes can become permanent.
2) on the off chance that someone else has been In my position and has found relief.

Many thanks for reading

I just had this happen to me yesterday. I over estimated my tolerance and smoked a bit too much. It was also very cold outside, and I had a window open; My legs and hands started spasming like crazy, I coldn't type properly and I couldn't really relax at all. After a good five to ten minutes of spasming, it all stopped for a minute or two; Suddenly, it felt like all the energy that went to shake my body, instead went straight up to my head in the form of happiness. It was amazing. Then the spasming continued, for a couple of minutes. Then everything was fine.

It has happened to me twice before, I think.

A friend of mine experienced full on back arching convulsions from taking too many dabs in succession. He called it a "dab seizure". I've never experienced anything of the sort.

I have found a temporary non drug fix to this problem if you want to get high!!!! Correct use of an over the counter Electronic Muscle Stimulation device has saved me!!! I've been following this thread for years and I can finally smoke weed again on most occasions. If I start to get a spasm in my back (rarely happens now that my back has been toned from this unit) now I just use my tens (or turn it up real high which is stimulation not considered TENS, but considered to be EMS THERAPY for muscle strengthening since tens is only low frequency pulses used to disrupt pain signals for pain relief) then it disrupts the twitches anyway and... Problem solved! But the EMS device has made my back so strong and tone that it doesn't have any real problems anymore. My theory is that we causes certain muscles to relax and it pulls on the other muscles causing tension that makes twitches and then possibly spasms but you can interrupt this process by strengthening the muscles or just using something to interrupt the signals in your brain.

Ive had this pretty much every single time I've gotten high, my whole body just starts shaking, at first i thought it was because i was cold, but even with the heating on it kept happening, sometimes i would feel the blood rushing through my veins and it hurt like a bitch. It stops after a while, but trying to roll another is a pain in the ass, my hands shake out of control.

So I'd like to share my story :)
I only saw about the first few pages so if mines similar to someone else's please tell me. Oh yeah I'm 15 just for info

Nearly every time I smoke, I shake. It honestly is quite annoying, sure sometimes I won't shake and it'll be great! But sadly that isn't the case :/ I always get a shaking anxiety riddled high. I remember this one time last summer I had just taken a tolerance break (stopped smoking to get higher) and I was just starting to notice these shakes. So to continue on I packed myself around 5-6 bowls and at this time that was a fare bit concidering I get some really strong weed. I went sat on my couch and I felt it start to hit me and I knew this was gonna suck. So I got prepared, tried to control my breathing and drop my heart rate. 30 mins later of sitting there holding myself while I shake almost violently, it still wouldn't go away. I sat there as it got worse and worse. At around the 1 hour mark I had managed to get my body to calm down a couple of times so I didn't die or something but the shaking didn't stop for about another 10 minutes. After, I spent probably the next 2 months using my self as a test subject for weed, I would find when I shook, how much I would have to smoke to shake, would I shake if I ate?

***** READ THIS IS IMPORTANT *****
So I came down to the conclusion that you can simply walk it off, it is either your body has too much energy and you need to use it or your body is too cold and you need to raise your body temperature. Another good way is move your legs while sitting down or any physical activity works. Ex: tapping feet, moving arms, etc...

Bottom line I can enjoy blazing again and I hope you guys can too now!

Easy solution, stop using high THC weed, try lower THC weed with generally is more relaxing and calming than high THC weed. I suggest Ruby Haze, Headband, or possibly a measured low dose edible. Less than 30 mg per edible, approx 10-15 mg would be perfect for someone with a low tolerance to THC. You can get these Tootsie roll edibles, put them in the fridge for 10 minutes and then you can take them out and slice them easily into very thin slices.

Generally people with a low tolerance have anxiety, spasms, etc... simply by reducing your dose you eliminate the symptoms. You could also take a Lorazepam 1 or 2 mg prior to smoking, that would eliminate any anxiety related issues completely. :) Plus it makes for a more mellow high. If you abuse "Pam" you should definitely not use Lorazepam. Be careful using lorazem with weed while driving, it can make you sleepy enough to fall asleep at the wheel, I don't suggest this combo if you need to drive. I can generally get 10 doses from 1 deca-dose cheeba chew, approx 30-60 mg per dose depending on the thickness of the slices. You can hold the slice under your tongue to increase absorption, and then swallow when it stops absorbing sublingually. But if you're got really low tolerance to THC, you could probably get 15 slices out of a deca-dose chew. This edible is quite strong, I accidently tried 1/4th of one and I was high for like 10-12 hours, with after effects lasting several hours after the high wore off.
cheeba-chews-2.png

This happened my my husband last night. It was scary. It started with his calf muscle involuntarily flexing and unflexing over and over again. Then his foot started shaking. It was so bad that he couldn't walk. Then his hands and arms curled up like he had cerebral palsy and he couldn't control it. His arms legs feet and hands were out of control and he couldn't talk properly. After 40 minutes we laid down in bed and it got worse. Every muscle group in his body would tense and flex over and over. His mouth was involuntarily opening and closing then as he was laying on his back his torso was pushing his head into the pillow with a horrible grimace on his face like 10 times. Then his abs started contracting and pulling his whole head and shoulders up in a very uncomfortable sit up. It was painful and he couldn't stop it. Then it was his shoulders. They would push right up towards his ears then relax then push up again. Over and over. It went like this all over his body. One time he was swaying from side to side like a sassy woman from a movie who was telling her husband off. It was one of the scariest times of my life. Sometimes it was funny bc it was so extreme and he didn't look like himself. He is still sleeping this morning. He is exhausted. It lasted for almost 3 hours! He looked like he had late stage parkinsons but even worse when he was doing involuntary sit ups. Background info : it was medical grade tincture (?) sour tsunami x herijuana. He only ingested a grain of rice size amount. It was his 3rd time in as many weeks. He doesn't take any other drugs at all. I wanted to give him some clonazepam/klonopin to relax his muscles but he didn't want to add any additional drugs into his body just in case. He was so worried he had fucked himself up for good. He made me look for marijuana and spasms and read them out to him which is where I found this forum. Most just describe twitching which is so benign compared to this crazy situation. Sorry so long

hello i get tremors and twitches on random parts of my body but mostly on my neck when smoking and now it happens on my neck when im not smoking too does anyone know the cure or threatment could it be low testosterone and i heard magnesium might help

Suuuuper weird issues when high, need serious help!

Is anyone still active on this thread? I need some help! For years whenever I smoke weed my organs feel like they're kicking in my stomach or twitching. Then my paranoia gets the best of me and I feel like they're going to explode. The side of my stomach gets really warm and starts to twitch. I also have a fear of veins (I know it's dumb), so when I get high I can just feel them existing. And it feels like they hurt. So I just sit there and don't do anything. Because if I move I feel like something bad will happen. Nobody I ever talk to can figure this out. Why does smoking make my organs kick and twitch? Most friends say it's psychosomatic and it's just my mind making my body feel weird. Others say there may be something wrong with me and I can only tell when I'm high because I am more aware of my body. I'm hoping it's just mental. I do have anxiety issues aside from it. I also will mention that all I can really find is sativa. I've been told indica may make all the difference for me in a positive way. Hope I don't sound too crazy! I just want to get to the bottom of this issue!

Me and my cousin smoked some Khalifa kush that we were really happy get our hands on. So we smoked a bowl I knew I was going to feel it but he has a way higher tolerance so I smoked a second bowl with him which was completely normal amount for me. We both got really high and were enjoying ourselves we went inside and ate then went to bed he was introducing me into Metallica I was really feeling the song. I closed my eyes and enjoyed it but I started feel my heartbeat and this has happened before and I has fine but the I started twitching/shaking controllably this scared the shit out of me. It was 110% uncontrollable and I was really scared for myself and being so high paranoia was through the roof. It felt as if it was going to last for ever at one point I even felt as if I needed medical attention. I was really scared so I decided to look it up and I found out it was common to get uncontrollable shaking/twitching. Plenty of people sharing there experiences exactly the same as mine. This was really weird because I did not go over my limits I've smoked well over 5 bowls and been fine And this was just two bowls. After that I was really traumatized and kinda making me want to quit weed. This happened recently I haven't smoked since fearing I will get the shakes. The horrendous shake and if anyone I going through the shakes while reading this I promise you it will go away and you will be the same you again. What do you guys think have any of you ever gotten shakes or twitches?