• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] The green dragon thread- alcohol extracts and tinctures

Ok, I guess it varies by person. I think I will try two weeks this time, and see how I like it. :)

lol, no worries. It just depends on what you want to extract, it's like the article you posted says:

If you're only after cannabinoids, try the quick wash, it does reduce yield ofcourse, but it's purer. Letting it sit longer will extract all the other stuff as well, which imo, isn't really a bad thing. I don't consider all that other stuff contaminants, I see them as beneficial, lot's of anti-oxidants (especially if you use some purple buds).

You could also do a quick wash and let the remnants sit in another jar for a longer period of time to make sure you extract every last bit. Best of both worlds.

Blowmonkey, according to Mr. Simpson (the ultimate authority for hash oil = http://www.phoenixtears.ca/), all it needs is 3 minutes of mixing to extract all the good stuff when using alcohol or naphtha. Second round is just to pick up that extra 20%.

I buy this notion because I did try it - mixed it for just several minutes... Results are very similar to these when you keep it lay down for 5-7 days or more. The more important thing is to age extract - and even then 5-7 days is more than enough, that is if you're not after something very specific = :) ;).

Last edited:
I was curious, so I decided to do a little test. I haven't strained my tincture yet, but I wanted to test the potency. So, I took 3 teaspoonfuls from the mason jar, and added that to 1/4 cup pomegranate juice and 1/4 cup Sprite, mixed well.

It seems quite strong, and I've only finished half of this drink. I started drinking it 5 minutes ago, and I'm almost finished. =D

**I'll report back on the effects. ;)

REPORT:

I started to feel it after about 20 minutes. Mostly very intensely in my head. Now, an hour later, I can feel it in my whole body. Body pain has decreased significantly, and I feel great. I think I'll strain this tincture this coming Friday. That will be 10 days, and I have confidence it will be good. :)

**I'm very glad to know it doesn't need to go 30 days to be good.

Last edited:
I strained my tincture this morning into two small glasses. I have the glasses under a high power ceiling fan, evaporating the alcohol. I'll probably leave them under the fan 2-3 hours.

I just need to decrease the volume enough to fit into my 4oz medical bottle. I got 7 & 1/2 ounces of finished product, after straining. So, I'll probably reduce the tincture by at least half.

I plan to try it out this evening. I'm expecting it to be so potent, I'll only need to put a couple drops on my tongue. I'm really hoping. =D

I'm very happy with the final results. I reduced the tincture by 50%, and it did come out very potent. I'm going to test the potency this morning on an empty stomach. =D

clear tincture

Has anyone tried distilling to get both a clear very discrete tincture? I wanted to see if anyone else has had success? I tried it once, and it worked fairly well. I am in the process again. I am afraid of it going boom, so I clean my sink well. I take my mixture. Cuttings that were ground and added 150 proof vodka 1:1 ratio ounce of green+ ounce of vodka. I did quite a bit. I let the batch sit in the dark for two weeks shaking about once a day. I then strained the mixture very well and it yielded about three clean spaghetti jars full. I took one jar and put it in a large cooking pot that has a lid, I then placed an aluminum bowl into the center of the pot. I poured the mixture into the large pot around the bowl until it almost floated the bowl. I then put the whole thing into the sink with the drain plugged. I put the lid on the pot upside down. I poured boiling water into the sink. I then filled a ziplock full of ice and placed that on the lid. The steam condensed on the lid and ran down the lid and dropped into the bowl after a few hours of replacing the boiling water and ice I had two things a bowl of clear liquid and a pot of condensed green liquid I bottled into blue one ounce apothecary bottles with dropper lids. I let the clear sit uncovered in a dark place for a couple days to evaporate to about half. I have a few friends who also have their licenses and they do not like the green, basically can't get past the color even in the blue bottle. The green I only need a drop or two under my tongue but the clear depending on how long I let it evaporate is just as good but my first batch I needed a full dropper full. The clear distilled is perfect for going out! I say it is flower essences like the Bach products. It smells perfume like, and is very sweet. If you touch your tongue to it you can taste the great green flavor, but no one can ever smell it on your breath! Amazing! My family has a very bad disease and our doctor wanted to prescribe THC to my little boy. At first that was a BIG HELL NO! but I am rethinking it now with my great new favorite!;)

^what?
you know distilling makes a pure substance? there is definitely not any THC in that distillate.

No, I have never done any kind of distillation on my tinctures.

I decided to reduce my last batch of tincture even more. I started with 8 ounces, and reduced to 4oz. This last reduction was 4oz to 2oz. I only need a few drops on my tongue now. :)

heh, Huaca described the green dragon coffee 3 times :D

If you haven't seen master wu's recipe yet you may want to check it out. Just google master wu's definitive green dragon. I can vouch for the effectiveness of this recipe as I have had alot of pleasant experiences already.

+ 1 8o:)

how do you reduce your tincture? i always use 750ml of bacardi 151 and 1 ounce of weed..but i wend with probably the same 750ml of liquor...can I make this more concentrated? thanks

how do you reduce your tincture? i always use 750ml of bacardi 151 and 1 ounce of weed..but i wend with probably the same 750ml of liquor...can I make this more concentrated? thanks

I just set it under a high powered ceiling fan for a few hours, up to eight, and it evaporates very quickly.

thanks brother, would let the community know the results...I prepared the mix on december 10. Any feedback on where it is best to strain the liquid from the herb, only keeping the best ingredients to have a happy trip, not other cannabinoids that are disgusting and produce undesirable effects?

thanks brother, would let the community know the results...I prepared the mix on december 10. Any feedback on where it is best to strain the liquid from the herb, only keeping the best ingredients to have a happy trip, not other cannabinoids that are disgusting and produce undesirable effects?

Coffee filters work great.

tincture

Greeting fellow stoner: I have 1 ounce of weed soaking in 750ml of Bacardi 151. It has been curing for 9 days, and my problem is that I always end with aprroximately the same 750ml of Green Dragon. But if I wat to concentrate it to make cannabis tincture, what would the steps or procedure is? thanks and hope some help from those with experience..

ganja_man peace and love! use a ganja plant as a christmas tree%)

what I want to make is the concentrated extract where a few drops in a doppler makes the job done, not to drink the green dragon in a cocktail because I really dislike the flavor.

Put the electric stove on low with the alcohol+herb. Let simmer for several hours until desired quantity of alcohol is evaporated.

thanks bro, put it the stove without boilin (when the bubbles appear) and could this degrade the THC in the liqour...sorry for asking so much, I have been smoking for 9 years but doing the extracts I am a newbie