or maybe this song but I think Nas is better on this one

Fast Life ft Nas

Yo I got guns from Italy, smoke trees considerably

that line cracks me up every time

For Da Brothaz is good fast life is whack by G Rap standard imo

Streets Of N.Y

G Rap n Polo Ill St Blues

those are his two big songs

i see my good friend cornishman got their first !!

so have this as well!!

Kool G Rap - On The Run (Dirty) [ HD ] ''Original Album Version'' + Lyrics ! the fukin ill version .

Last edited:
Agreed on the dipset love, I still maintain Purple Haze is one of the best rap albums of all time (top 5 for me just because of how often I still listen to it).

There's been a lot of good releases lately.

Fat Trel - Nightmare on E Street - Trel is awesome, great beats, good riding music/

Zilla - Zilla Shit 2 - If you like that Huntsville scene you will like this. Smooth southern shit with great production (as per usual for Huntsville rap)

Trouble - 431 Days. This is GANGSTA. If you like authentic, grimy Atlanta trap shit you will like this. Trouble's demeanor is so gangsta. I recommend the track "World Goes Round" from his last mixtape if you want to get an idea of what he's like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpKV2Wn96rA

The new Boldy James mixtape, Consignment is great if you like that grimy midwestern drug slinging music. He's from Flint Michigan and again, great production (think cool kids)

If you like your rap a bit more ignorant the new Chief Keef and Gunplay tapes are great. Gunplay especially if you like rowdiness.

Newest Big KRIT and Action Bronson are excellent as well, but I'd imagine most people have heard of those.

If you like music to do drugs to, listen to any Spaceghostpurrp or Lil Ugly Mane.

All of these mixtapes are free, you can find them on Datpiff or Livemixtapes.

well Cassidy I can see why you wouldnt like him I just threw him out there because he is from Philly but how do you not get down with Dipset?

anyway heres some Artifacts for yall

C'mon Wit' Da Git Down
Whassup Now Muthaf--ka?
Collaboration of Mics ft. Lord Finesse & Lord Jamar

I just think they are contrived and childish .
oh and they can't rhyme that well also their production is horrible on their "Bangers" God i hate that word.

I prefer talented MCs Lilke Kool Keith

Ultramagnetic MC's - Bust The Facts

Dr. Octagon - Earth People - Video

Dipset Can't fuk with that ..
Real Hip Hop
61 posts and no mention shame on you lot

KRS-One - I'm Still #1 [HQ] Making funky music is a must ....

KRS-One - MC's Act Like They Don't Know

Last edited:
I ain't down to sign autographs and shake ya hands
I don't want trendy ass followers as fans
I don't wanna sell records, I don't wanna be big
I don't want MTV runnin' up in my crib
I don't wanna be liked in the music biz
I don't want fans that don't know who G Rap is

recently been bumpin John Forte's Poly Sci album from nine-eight. couple joints off it:

John Forte - God is Love, God is War
John Forte - Poly Sci ft. Jeni Fujita

^ there was no doubt in my mind you wouldn't know who that quote was from. you the realest brimz! :D

Downloaded the new Slum Village mixtape. Good, but not really as good as I was hoping for. Not the same without J Dilla, still.
Also copped the Ace Hood mixtape. Despite the fact that I haven't been liking most gangster rap I've been listening to, his Starvation tape is really good.

Can't stand how everyone's using south beats now. There should be some locality in the music.
Not fucking with many east coast rappers ATM. Other than A$AP Rocky's album, everything out of there has sounded old, repetitive and uninspired.

Can't stand Gillie Da Kid. He needs more maturity and inspiration for his rhymes. I liked that Edo G track though.

yeah Gillie's either love or hate, he used to ghost write for Lil Wayne though. I just like that beat mostly.

Im on the fence with a lot of these newer guys. Meek is nice but hes startin to get kind of repetitive, same thing with Wale. Big Krit I like more as a producer but his raps are ok, nothing to be blown away by. I used to be all about Los but I havent heard anything good from him in a while. Too many mixtapes
comin out and not enough albums. Or half the songs on an album have been released on mixtapes like 3 months before the album came out.

Logic - Underground hip hop sound, help

So i'm making an oldschool, underground type hip hop stuff
and i'm wondering, how can i make a modern instrument sound more underground, old school hip hop?
Y'know that kinda muted sound, like this, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtRbEgoTqQs
you hear the intro, how can i make a modern day, say clav or flute or anything like that to sound like that type of sounds? what plug ins and settings, send print screens if you want

sorry if i'm not making sense, i'm on sleeping pills, gonna go to bed soon so, but i hope you understand what i mean though

Oldskool hiphop was sample based. You are going to have a hard time replicating samples taken from old r&b, blues and jazz records.

make a dubplate maybe and artificially age it or something? hip hop until the 2000s was for the most made up of samples off old vinyl. i personally make this style of hip hop but i don't have any advice other than switch to sampling but i doubt that's the advice you're looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.