• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA]Community Growing advice, tips, tricks, & experiences Part 5 (2012-2013)

I visited my plants a coulpe of days ago and they haven't started flowering yet :O
One is throwing female preflowers tho.

Could it be that they dont get ENOUGH light to start the flowering process at all ?

What latitude are you at (you can find out easily here by entering the name of your closest large town into the 'Centre the map around' box and pressing enter)?

Have you been topping or FIM'ing your plants relatively recently? Because that will delay flowering.

The most likely reason your plants are not flowering yet is because the strain is just a late flowering one.

Justsayknow, great pics!! Is that purple one the purple paki chitral kush? What strain is the first one again?

Last edited:
I'm at 54 N Nope was topped in early veg not lately :S maybe light pollution from the roads etc around it ?

Yep he is a Pakistani Chitral Kush. The other one is a no name local variety: it should add a bit of vigour and size to the PCK its been grown here for a long time, it smells fruity and grows well in the hot conditions. Got a couple of ripe seeds already but there are a heap more green ones coming along. No idea if the hybrids will come out purple but hopefully some of them will.

^aus as well and i just pulled and cured what little amount i grew over the last 3 months - experiment. it's that time of the year to start thinking about throwing in for a first hit before a second, harder round early next year where i am.

some mutt sprouted out the door so was naturally inclined to see what may come unaided apart from a few sprinkles of water. took a good 6-8 weeks before it hit about where your top pick is at. was leafy like. there wasn't much body to this. packs a nice heavy punch, extremely sedating and it's proving to relieve a good amount of neurological pain i suffer from a degenerative disc disease.

experiment successfully completed and thoroughly enjoyed around.

Yeah its not really optimal growing down here in the off season but it has proved to be a quick way to produce seeds. I will be interested to see how long till it reverts to veg I'm guessing October sometime, I wasnt really expecting to smoke it but I might just for the sake of experimenting.

I live in Southern California. My son in law is in charge of the grow and I thought he got some kush strain.

We grow outside in the front flower bed. There's only 5 plants and they blend in great. This will be the third crop. Not enough to sell or anything but definitely save us some money on smoke.

What strain is that your growing AE?
(Took you advice, LST the top of my tallest plant with chicken wire to keep it from going over the fence, Im hoping that turns out well.)

You grow in your front yard ? I also live in California (Central California), I would NEVER grow in my front yard.
Then again my plants are almost the size of me, but still, not with how people are now days...
Unless I lived wayyy out in the country...

Nice looking plants guys, I need to take pictures soon,
All of my plant have started to flower, 2 Pineapple Trainwreck, 2 Ice Berry, 4 Greencrack

xayo it's unlikely unless really close the roads it's unlikely. It is possible though, it just depends on what you mean by 'close'. I've seen plants literally flower on one side and veg on the other side next to HPS street lamps from the street.

What strain is that your growing AE?
(Took you advice, LST the top of my tallest plant with chicken wire to keep it from going over the fence, Im hoping that turns out well.)

You grow in your front yard ? I also live in California (Central California), I would NEVER grow in my front yard.
Then again my plants are almost the size of me, but still, not with how people are now days...
Unless I lived wayyy out in the country...

Nice looking plants guys, I need to take pictures soon,
All of my plant have started to flower, 2 Pineapple Trainwreck, 2 Ice Berry, 4 Greencrack

I'm growing quite a few different strains but the biggest two plants (one of which was pulled down the other day for being male) are landrace hacks. I'm also growing KC Brains Mango, KC 36, Female Seeds Outdoor Mix and some other random strains. The strains used to make the hacks included Lebanese, Mazar-I-Sharif and an unidentified sativa.

I'm planning on taking some more pics tomorrow, hopefully they will have grown quite a bit.

Last edited:
Anyone have expereince with using Neem seed oil? In particular, at least once a week and putting in it water as well as spraying.

You're not meant to use it pure so you're thinking along the right lines. You can mix wetter with it (not soap) and dilute 10-15ml per litre water before spraying.

By the way, do your best to get the cold pressed stuff if you can, just like your extra virgin olive oil should be.

You're not meant to use it pure so you're thinking along the right lines. You can mix wetter with it (not soap) and dilute 10-15ml per litre water before spraying.

By the way, do your best to get the cold pressed stuff if you can, just like your extra virgin olive oil should be.

I know how to use it and what not AE, I just mean what are people's experiences with how well it has worked/prevented.

Ah I see sorry I had half my attention elsewhere. Well for me it'd probably be one of the most versatile all round pesticides I know.

What pest or disease are you treating?

Ah I see sorry I had half my attention elsewhere. Well for me it'd probably be one of the most versatile all round pesticides I know.

What pest or disease are you treating?

We use it as an all around insecticide. It mainly for grasshoppers, spider mites, and leaf hoppers though. Do you only spray or do you put it in the water as well? We only spray, and for my indoor grow I am looking to try to minimize spraying, especially with something as stinky as neem, so if the water way works the same it seems perfect.

In the water as in when you water the plants through the soil? If so, no I wouldn't bother with that. If you want you can sprinkle neem seed cake fertilizer into the soil. This is the leftover from when neem oil is made and it has loads of beneficial properties - too many to list here and I'd definitely recommend it. A little goes a long way, too.

If you're spraying indoors I wouldn't recommend neem oil for spidermites, as there are much better alternatives IMO.

The neem oil works partly by stopping insects from feeding, so you need to spray it regularly for a sustained effect, not just once and it has to be on the plant foliage itself. Neem oil is not great to use on a flowering plant so use it just in veg if you can help it.

What can i use to keep the bugs off my outdoor? I dont wanna spray pesticides cuz its flowering and ika be smoking it

Depends, what bugs are you dealing with? If you just want to use a general all round preventative, spray with neem as discussed above. Organic, colled pressed neem oil is as natural as you'll get. It stinks, but in veg it's fine.

If you're spraying indoors I wouldn't recommend neem oil for spidermites, as there are much better alternatives IMO.

I was planning on putting it in the water because I know neem is supposed to build up in the plant, and the mites hate it so I thought it might be a viable option, especially during flowering, to miteacide.

I just don't want my buds to smell like neem, I'm around the shit enough as it is haha

Freehugs that seems a bit of a roundabout way of doing it. What I mean is I would build up the plant just by looking after it properly and when you get mites treat them in alternative, better ways. It's just the way I would do it but good luck anyway, I'm sure you'll do well. If you're in flower I would recommend looking into filtering intake indoors better so that bugs can't enter in the first place that easily. You can buy specialized bug filters that remove mites.

thetoad take a look at spraying on diatomaceious earth or using pyrethrum.

Here's some pics of my grow!

NSFW:
med_gallery_51167_3097_79804.jpg

NSFW:
med_gallery_51167_3097_166530.jpg

NSFW:
med_gallery_51167_3097_112217.jpg

NSFW:
med_gallery_51167_3097_85726.jpg

My second site:

NSFW:
med_gallery_51167_3097_41222.jpg

Last edited:
Damn that's a nice outdoor grow AE! Gives me some good ideas for next summer :)

I'm going to start visiting back this thread a lot more often since i'm starting a new grow pretty soon! Nice to see most of the people are still here!