• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA]Combinations of cannabis with other drugs

Well it turns out I took .5mg Xanax then smoked a couple joints. To my amazement the Xanax canceled out the paranoia and edgy feeling I typically get from pot. Looks like I found a winning combo here%)

Jibult said:
I said not with Xanax in the spirit of harm reduction.

I love the combination of weed, beer and benzo's, but I also know that I can't drive for shit or behave normally in public while intoxicated with the 3. For someone new to the combo, they may not know that beer + benzo's = blackout a majority of the time.

its still a good combo, although it may not be the safest one. and if you do a little bit of xanax ( like .5-1 mg) and drink a bit of beers( six pack possibly 8 or 9 beers) then you should be fine

zigzag| dta said:
its still a good combo, although it may not be the safest one. and if you do a little bit of xanax ( like .5-1 mg) and drink a bit of beers( six pack possibly 8 or 9 beers) then you should be fine

Lol, unfortunately I always go way past the 1 pill or half a bar mark. When I take benzo's I usually eat those bitches like candy.

What can I say? They're like my happy pills.

Maybe find some better weed cuz I have a anxiety and get panic attacks. and usually don't have a problem with smoking unless I'm smoking on someone else's weed and they have really shitty weed then it usually gives me a panic attack.

Jibult said:
Lol, unfortunately I always go way past the 1 pill or half a bar mark. When I take benzo's I usually eat those bitches like candy.

What can I say? They're like my happy pills.

they are quite nice, i must agree

To the OP - if you weren't using the Xanax in the aforementioned way, I'd recommend it. Taking both together is a double-whammy of relaxation!

Of course, always in moderation.

to OP - I've been in a similar situations as yourself. I have experienced anxiety after a decent stretch of daily smoking. Although the benzos helped in the short term, like a lot of people have said in here I started to like the benzos more than the weed and had to cut myself off. Now when I get random anxiety (meaning with no ascertainable cause) after smoking weed, I try to just take a break from weed altogether for a week or two. Something "sciencey" happens in that time and brings me back to equilibrium or something. Hope this helps you.

If you only take one thing from this thread though, it should be this: benzos are awesome, but be careful. Benzo addiction isn't something to mess about with.

Taking benzos in combination with smoking cannabis just makes me feel like a zombie. The other day I smoked about a gram of headies and took 4mg clonazepam immediately afterwards. I couldn't think, and it was hard to move around. It wasn't necessarily unpleasant, I just felt like my mind was completely void of all thought and emotion.

definitely the right idea

When I stopped smoking pot heavily and started again I would get super paranoid. I started taking xanax before i smoked and there was no paranoia so it was a perfect pot high. You may become dependent on this though which can become expensive. I know weed is fairly cheap but if you need xanax all the time just to smoke it can get expensive. I recommend using it to get comfortable with the pot then weaning off so you can just enjoy the cannabis.

For me, benzos do seem to cancel out some of the edgy effects of cannabis, but it's sort of a catch-22.. It's a bit too much sedation for me (unless I take a ridiculously low dose of Xanax for example, maybe 0.25mg) and it tends to overpower some aspects of the weed high that I enjoy. "Typical"/moderate doses of benzos leave my mind feeling uncomfortably dulled, which isn't something I like to pair with the cannabis high (and for similar reasons, the tripping experience, but that's a different story)

I prefer using Xanax minimally for stimulant comedowns or occasionally by itself to chill out and get some rest after an extra stressful day. Makes me really wish I had some for later tonight, haha. (I'm speeding AND quitting my job in an hour, fuck me!)

I'm also gonna agree with those who brought up the it's-not-worth- the-risk-of-addiction assertions. (Though I think the risk could be dependent upon how often you intend to smoke and would thus desire benzos, and whether or not you have a steady supply of them)

one of my favorite combos, tho I can smoke non stop so I ususally end up smoking more then I want to

zolpidem (ambien) & weed

anyone tried this? i insulated 2 last night (20mg), then smoked out of my vaporizer. i read on some trips on erowid and it seemed pretty fun, so i gave it a try. it felt like the zolpidem overtook the weed, but i still had a nice time. due to my natural tolerance towards this stuff (used to be addicted), i didnt have any big hallucinations but i did see things :), and they were awesome!. i played call of duty and i kept thinking that we were all cows playing...

but does weed potentiate it or not? i didnt feel much of a difference, when i would do it without weed

It kind of enhances whatever visual disturbance you'll encounter by the Zolpidem, but yea it can overpower it if you smoke too much.
Nice all in all mind...

It kind of enhances whatever visual disturbance you'll encounter by the Zolpidem, but yea it can overpower it if you smoke too much.
Nice all in all mind...

ITA. If you're careful and only smoke enough to catch a light buzz, the combo is great.