• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Pets MEGA Cats VS Dogs - POLL!

The Big Question - Cat v's Dog

• Total voters
Right, I probably shouldn't have worded it like that. I did it exactly how she showed me to, fast circular motions to loosen out the blackheads that are stuck to the fur follicles. You have to get that stuff cleaned out and then apply the antimicrobial gel to clear up the infection. I was just wondering if anyone had a good method of doing this, without freaking out your cat by getting it all wet, etc.

But I hear ya, scrubbing hard is never a good idea for acne. I know that from experience on my own face, lol.

4712574840_1435b83fe2_z.jpg

My neighbor Kim with her Daschund

jorts in florida? na wai!

Right, I probably shouldn't have worded it like that. I did it exactly how she showed me to, fast circular motions to loosen out the blackheads that are stuck to the fur follicles. You have to get that stuff cleaned out and then apply the antimicrobial gel to clear up the infection. I was just wondering if anyone had a good method of doing this, without freaking out your cat by getting it all wet, etc.

But I hear ya, scrubbing hard is never a good idea for acne. I know that from experience on my own face, lol.

Ah gotcha. Its frustrating when pets have weird little skin problems that won't go away. My cousins dogs got a 'hot spot' wound that won't heal, and my dogs got an allergy we can't figure out so he has a bald patch and looks like hes got mange or something. I guess we all just need to be patient.

Omigad... is this a pet thread I haven't whored out yet??? I have whored my kitten pics in every possible thread I could have on BL... is anyone in need of some adorable kitten pics?

^Kitten whore? Personally I have terrible luck with cats so I have given up on them for now. Show us 'em though.

My big old beast. Just got him back after an op for a skin cancer on the penis. Penis and beast still intact not bad for 13 years old hey?

Eh... I recycle. They're all outside kitties. I live in a rural area of Ohio. Out in the sticks. They started as a nice little family of 6. A mommy and 5 kittens that made their way onto the farm land surrounding and took shelter here. Then over the years, they've just continued to bang every cat within a 5 mile radius, get knocked up and provide me with more adorable kittens. I've had as many as 20-25 (maybe more) at a time and as few as 7-10. Ya never really know. They die off pretty rapidly sometimes though so I try not to get TOO attached. Unfortunately with the purchase of my DSLR almost 2 years ago... I tend to get more attached because they make for such wonderful pet pictures!

Infant California Desert Tortoises, longest lived vertebrate species on the planet today besides koy fish and on the endangered species list. Live in the ballpark of 150 years on average if taken care of.

t1.jpg

t2.jpg

I love them <3^ I have been contemplating getting a tortoise. My friend has a sulcata and his is getting pretty big. It's a cool little dude too. Walks around all day every day just munching grass and digging holes in the backyard. Sometimes he visits with the people for a bit.

Did you just get them?

150 years is old. That would be one of the few pets that is garunteed to outlive you. You got a will yet?

I have one cat at the moment, but grew up breeding and rescuing/placing, and rehabilitating animals. Animal welfare work is my passion, strongly dislike animal rights, and am hoping to become a humane educator. I am most partial to dogs, cats, and exotic pets, and that's where most of my knowledge lies. I'm very into canine and feline nutrition as well (raw feeder).

Here is my cat, a Turkish Van possible cross:
0kwAF.jpg

I am in the process of preparing for a ferret at the moment as well.

^rofl, those eyes 8o he looks caught in the act. such a cute kitty. he looks very soft.

really? that isnt too harsh? or they dont lick it and get sick? I have some leftover ones that I don't use anymore I could try on him tonight.

He gets REALLY excited about raw steak nights. :D
It's one of his favourite meats.

I'm sorry for my laziness here (valium tends to do that) but, out of curiosity, what's the issue you're facing with your pet that someone has suggested oxy pads?
ETA: I scrolled up and saw it. Are these dirt particles loose? If so, this could be general dirt, or flea dirt. If they are embedded in the skin, that is different. Have you asked another vet for a second opinion?

My neighbors have a pair that had babies. I used to have a snake, but it died so I had that terrarium laying around, which is their new home. They're pretty chill pets. Just feed them grass/lettuce/flower petals. Very low maintenance.

@vulpes - well I have also read about it around the internet and I do trust that it is cat acne. The black stuff comes off when I lather up the fur with water and the special shampoo the vet gave me (and it was effing expensive, might I add). But not all of it comes off. That's why I was wondering if anyone had any personal experience with this and if there's some kinda indian remedy or something that will clear it up quick. I didnt wash him last night because he is not a huge fan of the whole thing, go figure 8) I just dont want it to get any worse, and it is kind of gross too. He was a stray that I got from a foster situation, he was living in close quarters with lots of other kitties, so I figure he just got it from there.

@vulpes - well I have also read about it around the internet and I do trust that it is cat acne. The black stuff comes off when I lather up the fur with water and the special shampoo the vet gave me (and it was effing expensive, might I add). But not all of it comes off. That's why I was wondering if anyone had any personal experience with this and if there's some kinda indian remedy or something that will clear it up quick. I didnt wash him last night because he is not a huge fan of the whole thing, go figure 8) I just dont want it to get any worse, and it is kind of gross too. He was a stray that I got from a foster situation, he was living in close quarters with lots of other kitties, so I figure he just got it from there.
Gotchya!! I hope it clears up soon!

Wouldn't want other cats making fun of him and calling him pizza face and things. :p Haha
Good luck with treating it!!