• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Cannabis Cessation Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 week and 4 days today

=D Feeling alot better today after getting through the whole weekend
without as much as a toke.

Sleep patern is getting back into a groove also but I'm still waking up in the middle of the night a couple of times but not feeling to bad in the mornings.

A BIG, HUGE infact help has been exercise it is THE way to stop smoking period.

Yeah I would second the exercise suggestion. A really hard workout sucks a bit while you're doing it, but the endorphin high is well worth it.

Ive been having really vivid dreams lately and although I have been sleeping for a decent number of hours (8+ usually), I often wake up emotionally exhausted and often have trouble getting my subconscious' wacky adventures off my mind.

John, how long have you been sober for now? I do want to smoke again some time and was planning on doing so in a few weeks. After talking to a couple of sober friends and doing some self reflecting I came to the conclusion that several weeks was far too short a time. I plan to wait until September and then see how I feel.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, dont forget where your life was at smoking on a daily basis and how hard it was to quit in the first place. I dont ever want to be choofing every day of the week again, and Im fairly sure if I recommence prematurely, I'll end up back at square 1.

Last toke was on Feb. 29th. So it's been almost 2 months clean from weed, but I have been tripping a fair amount lately with DPT and LSA, as well as drinking a few times a month.

You're right about what you said, I feel like if I started toking again right now, I would be back in full force. That's why I need more time.

day 4 for me and counting.. no withdrawal symptoms yet..
I wanna be clean by May 26th so I can take the drug test to get into the Army.

I thought it would tough due to smoking for 4 years straight and smoking about an ounce a week. I think I was actually addicted psychologically to weed. I guess I started to smoke it everyday after my grandmother passed away in the room next to mine and I had to try CPR on here. Due to that, I was depressed and smoked and smoked. Now I want my life back to what it used to be. I dont want to worry drug test when I find new jobs and worrying if the cleansing drink is gonna work or not. Sometimes you have to make a decision and say.. hmmm it's time to grow up.

Don;t get me wrong.. if they legalized it, I would toke away. But till then I'll be sober and go on with my life.

Good luck to those who quit and to those who still smoke.. smoke one for me!! LOL

Just wondering how everyone else is going? I think i passed a month a couple of days ago, though I will probably give myself a reward smoke in the next few days.

I going to be officially stopping for 3 months time at least....maybe more depending on how I feel and will be starting a little journal here myself to keep everyone updated.

thanks j mason for the inspiration. Here's my story: I too smoked a lot. I started when I was 19, so it's officially been 10 years. at first it was extremely fun, you go out and laugh and eat...etc. then about 2 years ago...it's just been making me very depressed, anxious, and very paranoid. not paranoid like thinking the televisions radio waves or some crap is out to get me ...lol...but more like, I think people know that I get high. and well there's good reason, my eyes are low, and i always look tired cuz i work and smoke al ot...and well a pothead can always recognize a pothead....and because of the nature of my job and how my family is, these things are frowned upon and I can't afford for them to even entertain that notion.

however, it took about 8 years before these effects started. and i used to be high around them all the time.
i think the paranoia started when i had to get a drug test for my job 2yrs back. i used fake piss and passed..but the drug testing facility is actually 2 floors down from where I work....so most of the time, i'm reeeally paranoid at work.....
but it's a good job with a great future, but i've still been smoking. I've just learnt to deal with all the negative side effects, but it's sucking all the energy out of me. I just feel dopey, also like i'm living in a fog, anti-social, and just spaced. i also hate leaving my house for some reason....cuz all I want to do is stay inside, lounge around, and smoke.

i've only stopped for 3 days, and it felt great then i went back into it again. nad it's back to the same vicious cycle.
and it's really time to move on basically. it would be cool to just limit it special events like the 4th of July, etc. prolly 4-5 times a year...and in small amounts.....

basically, like many people said in this thread, i just want to feel like my old self again. Things used to be so good before addiction set in.. :(

Last edited:
i was clean for about a month. we went to the camp past weekend and tripped balls on mushies so i took a few tokes to increase the trip.

now with random tests at my new job and the looming schooling program, i can now quit for a good while. i am gonna clean my pipes tomorrow. ill use pure alcohol, let the alcohol evap off and be left with a potent resin. this i will give to a pothead friends as a farewell gift. farewell to our friendship, farewell to the lazy druggie life, farewell to the shit i put myself through and a farewell to the old me.

I've read other people's pains in this thread about quitting(temporarily stopping). I'm temporarily stopping for a couple weeks because my tolerance has become way to high. I really can't get high on anything unless its dank. And I don't stay high on dank for long now, not more then a hour. Plus, the original fun of smoking back in my pre heavy smoking days has long left me.

Right now, I'm on day 6. And I just want to stop for about a month. After temporarily stopping, I also want to slow down on smoking so it stays enjoyable and isn't life consuming like it has been. Because my life has been more or less an all day smoke-a-thon.

Surprisingly, I've had no withdrawl symptoms what so ever. The symptoms I thought I would get, such as anxiety, nervousness, and other symptoms that have been mentioned in this thread. My only problem is trying to get sleep.

I've been so use to smoking throughout the day and into the night. That when I come down from smoking around the time I goto bed, I'm completely exhausted. Which makes sleeping very easy. I've almost become accustomed to falling asleep from being so burned out from smoking all day.

I've been finding it near impossible to shut off my brain when I want to goto sleep. I literally can not goto sleep until I have been awake around 20 hours. And then I'm able to shut down my brain from pure exhaustion, from being away for so long. Because of it, my sleeping patterns are in complete disarray. I'm really hoping this is a temporary thing because I did not see this coming when I finally decided to take a break from smoking. And it has become an annoyance.

I have thought about combating this problem with some form of sleeping aid. Any other idea's from someone experiencing similar problems as I am would greatly be appreciated.

Dude... I went through the exact same thing, I know what you mean. After I quit, when I got into bed at night and tried to fall asleep, my mind was still active, and perfectly clear, it was hard to fall asleep. I just started staying up a little bit later.

Normally I went to bed around midnight when I was smoking a lot, and for the first month after quitting I had to stay up until like 1 or 2 in the morning before I was really ready to fall asleep. I got used to it, and I wasn't even tired during the day from getting such a small amount of sleep every night.

Now that I haven't smoked in like 3 months... I'm completely used to it and going to sleep is pretty easy. I never tried sleeping aids though I'm sure that might be helpful, you also might try melatonin.

Good luck on the quitting =D

I'm quitting. Life is so much better without smoking everyday... the thing is I’ve forgotten what it's like. I’m kind of on my 3rd day… I scraped the resin out of my bong last night though and smoked it. Got a shitty buzz that just made me feel like crap. I’ve had a fair bit of anxiety because I think I’ve always relied on weed to relax my mind… it feels like my thoughts are racing too quickly at the moment but I’m sure it will pass.

The first week is going to be REALLY tough take it from me. Once you get past that, it is a lot easier... it gets easier every day.

Hey, thanks man, that makes me feel like I'm helping people... if I reach one person, it's all been worth it. =D

Good luck

I had a few bongs on the weekend and it was soo good. I think i'll just cut back for a while... maybe quit in a few months.

Quitting for a month....

Hello everyone, i'm fairly new here :D ...yeah..for noobies...!

Anyway, i've decided that it's time to detox from weed. I've been trying to quit since 1995 and been practically smoking every single day. The last 3 years, I've been smoking very potent strains...and basically, i feel it's time to give the body 'and mind' a rest.
Right now, life is pretty bad. I mean, it's good, but it's bad. I have a really good job in a Fortune XX company and have about 5 years experience at a fairly good field and have taken classes to keep my skills current, so it's not been a 'total' loss. but my job SUCKS and i LOATHE IT! and i guess for the last 3 years i've been trying to forget about it. I should have stopped smokin when I got the job cuz the people there are uptight assholes who probably never touched a drug in their lives and they drug-test. and trust me, I can tell who the druggies are usually.
anyway, the weed is just NOT fun anymore. I used to smoke and go work, then go out for drinks and not skip a beat. and I did this for 'years'....
NOW: if I smoke, it's only cool if i'm by myself as I tend to get pretty self-conscious around others. and funny....this was NEVER me. i was practically the one crackin all the jokes and making people laugh..even high as HELL. I guess this has something to do with paranoia and anxiety. which is why I need to stop smoking because now i'm in the 'isolation' phase and have gotten quite ANTI-social.
all the while, wondering how I got to this horrid stage. all i wanna do is chill by myself, and smoke weed...and this has gotten pretty old and depressing.
so i've been reading some of the posts on this site about people stopping or taking a break from drugs, and i've been inspired to do the same cuz i can't continue like this for much longer. I don't even want to STOP perse...just get 2-3 months behind me, get my mind and confidence back,
anyway, I will keep you all posted...for 30 days...
and damn, marijuana abuse REALLY sucks balls...
i thought they were kidding when they said it cause anxiety and paranoia....the bastards :(

TODAY is 3 hours into Day 1....and yup it's 3:30 in the morning and I can't sleep. oh well, this is normal right?

Era

Last edited:
Yep, pretty normal, and I know it's pretty lame too :\

I finally just decided not to quit, and not to keep smoking, but to just stop buying it. Sometimes I smoke with friends, who I've smoked out so much for years that they don't even mind, but mostly I just go on and ignore the idea that I could go get some bud any time and just chill. It only took about three days for my confidence, sex drive, and mental clarity to return, and it's great! I do miss playing the guitar stoned, tho...

Hey everyone, I know what you mean about becoming anti-ocial and very self-conscious, and im like that most of the time cos Im almost always stoned. Ive been thinking bout doing a break too.....Ive tried once or twice before but failed miserably because of not being able to sleep and just having to go next door to have a spliff and zone out. Funy thing is thom when ive not smoked for a week or evern 2 weeks with no real problems, just because there was no weed about. Anyway, im stoned and rambling, hope that made sense! Adam :D :D

Gl, but it's going to be very tough and not to shoot you down but you'll probably fail.

Trying to quit for 9 years says something to me as I'm sure it says to you... it's not as easy as saying 'I Quit'.

Hey era, I've merged your post in with an almost identical thread.

Good luck with taking a break! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.