• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] 2010-2011 Community Growing advice, tips, tricks, & experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont repot your clones if you've just put them into the clay pots. let them grow out and create a root ball before doing so or you could seriously fuck with them IMO.

^^ True, BUT if he JUST re-potted a day or two ago, he could probably get away with very gently, scooping everything out of the clay pot with his hands and placing it into the plastic ones. I have done that in the past, potted, then a day or two later..decided that I wanted to put them into a bigger one and I didn't have any ill effects....but I may have just been lucky.

I just wouldn't wanna keep transplanting over and over...since he just did it, I would just do it again into the pots that you want to keep them in...**if this is their permanent home**, if you plan on upsizing again later on when they get bigger, then I would just leave them in the clay pots and let them establish a healthy root-ball like WISE said.

NSFW:
Rm4.jpg
My Northern Lights Seedlings

NSFW:
Rm1.jpg
Afghan Kush left, Purple Kush right
NSFW:
Rm2.jpg
G13 on right and Sour Diesel left
NL is doing well, I didnt repot, but they dont seem to be doing well, (except for the afghan kush really...)

the G13 looks like it will pull through but Sour Diesel and Purple Kush look a little weak, idk what to do, I watered at 6.1-6.5. Gave the clones some BB (BigBloom,FF) tonight, I guess Ill see how they react tomorrow
(Watered Northern Lights with 6.0 Water, seemed to grow much quicker over night than normal, found that a bit strange, lol. the drip was 6.3, so good I guess.

NL's are coming along, see that new growth Prelude, that's what ya wanna see :) I told ya not to worry about those fucked up leaves, they are now bottoms and as it gets bigger, you can just pull those right off. That new healthy growth is what you gotta monitor. Good job!

As for the clones, who know how they were cared for before you got em, but you will be surprised what some TLC will do to them haha..they may bounce back in no time. Especially is the spider mites rae gone, the plant doesn't have to deal with that stress...one less thing to worry about!

Prelude, now that u hit em with a lower ph water, see how they react, if you see any leave curl, go back up to 6.7. I've hit my stuff with like a 6.2 in the past and especially the Snow Whites, they responded negatively, so did the sour, the leaf tips all curl downward..once I went back up to 6.7/6.8, they went back to normal, so now I never go below 6.5, unless its fresh clones, ill lower to about 6.3, I think when you read about people using water at 5.5-6.0 ph, that is for hydro, I may be wrong, but that's what I've been told and also mine do not respond well to that low ph level. Prelude, guess u just gotta watch them and figure out what they like.

Okay, just writing this so I remember, G13 likes Higher PH as I watered with 6.1 , or something pretty low and leaves are curled under, the rest of my plants aren't curling though, so , they like low/acidic pH, thanks for the info :D hope they bounce back, i really wanna see some variety in my closet :p

Cool. Having two different waterings can be a PIA lol. I'm sure the ones that are fine w/ 6.1, would be just as okay with 6.7, try it out and if those others curl w/ 6.7, then I guess you just gotta hit the G13 with one level and the others with another level..haha.

I just went to my uncles house, he has a plant in the backyard thats just straight up falling over because it has too much weight on it, I saw 6 lbs of weed for the first time today...Ohhhh this is exciting. haha. Thanks for all the info, Im pretty sure the spider mites are completely gone, but Ill continue to hit them every other day until I feel comfortable that the mites are gone and there aren't any hiding from me, lol...

Ive got my light currently at 17 inches, I was wondering if I should lower it some more, because Im noticing the tops of the NL are starting to stretch a little (Maybe its in my head)
Anyways, thanks again for all the info, Ill update with pics tomorrow or monday :D

if you can put your hand where the tops of the plants are and leave it there without it burning then the light can be closer. you want it as close as you can get it without burning i put my 400 MH about 10 inches with a fan blowing in the hot spot.

I have some new shots too. I will try and post em when I get home from work in the morning.

Prelude, I've also suggested what Arob posted, so check it out and maybe you can lower the light a litte. Be patient though, since they are still young, you don't wanna scortch em! Unfortunately, I ran out of room, some of mine are much closer to my 600 than I'd like, but even with the Bushmaster, they just kept growing on me..lol. I'm not seeing any bleaching or burning, so they are handling it atleast.

Hmm, Ive been noticing on one of my Northern Lights plants, the leaves are , folding in half down the stem, if that makes sense. they are folding upward down the center of the leaf.(long way),
So, my G13 is kinda droopy, along with the Purple Kush, they both keep getting leaves that dry up(Ive made sure to water, with right ph, and not much nutes at all, maybe 1/4 tsp of BB split between all four clones..
Guess Ill just have to wait it out

I lowered the light an inch and a half

The folding of leaves is usually a sign there healthy in my experience.

Very Nice, What happens in 24 hrs? lol

Got some updates of my plants.
Northern lights are REALLY taking off, Ive never seen weed grow so fast, just wow.
Guess Having the right stuff makes the difference eh

NSFW:
Rs3.jpg

NSFW:
Rs1.jpg
Afghan Kush seems to be the strongest clone.

NSFW:
RS2.jpg

Purple Kush seems really weak, it doesnt seem to be doing much, the Sour Diesel looks like it rooted and is starting to put out a few new leaves, same with G13.

I know it's probably not very noticable right now(As I've removed most of the leaves that I didn't like)
But , all of the clones seem to have alot of dead/wilted/crispy leaves.
Im wondering if this is from spraying them with insecticide that I used the first day I got them..
Though I did spray them during lights out, I'm wondering if maybe some of the Canola oil , or pyrethrins.
Im not supposed to spray my plant off after spraying insecticide am I? I was told that doing that can cause mites that have stronger resistance.

Muncheez, Im sure you've already mentioned or have been asked, but what wattage/how many bulbs are you using?
Do you have to give any special treatment to Sour D, or Purple K?
My purple kush clone seems to be pretty depressed. lol

Thanks Wise, I was kinda worried for a second that the leaves folding in half on themselves might be from excessive heat or something, but that didn't make sense to me, as my closet has been 71-74 degrees.
Though during the last few hours of lights on, the temps will get around 80
The humidity seems quite low to me, I watered my plants tonight, the humidity was 25-30% before watering, after watering, (2quarts)
The Humidity was 40-45%, After watering, the humidity seems to drop again,
Is this a problem? I think this could be what is causing my plants to dry up so quick.
But then again I've also read that the Clay pots are really bad when it comes to water.(Or could it just be cause they are smaller containers/pots?)

Anyways, thanks for any advice/answers.,
Wish me luck, 3rd times the charm right? Lol, Failed my first two grows, now its time to get nice harvest right!?!

Chainer if theres anything I can do for the new thread let me know, Im a little lost as to what I should to before it hits 1k , I would like to help out the next thread if its not a problem.

Last edited:
There looking great prelude, I wouldnt worry about the PK she just looks like shes taking a bit longer to kick off.

Do you think i should continue to spray my plants with a more organic spray now that I think all the mites are gone (to my knowledge , but I just wanna be safe) it contains Cottonseed Oil .40%, Clove Oil .20%, & Garlic Oil .10%. (Also contains Sorbitol,olec acid, dodecanoic acid,stearic acid, Mollasses, Sucrose, & Water)

Will this cause burning of the leaves due to the oil? It seems the clones leaves curled up and got crunch after I sprayed them at night, next day when the light came on, I guess something happened and many of the leaves on the clones burned/curled upward, crinkled up, and were crunchy dry.(That was with Another Spray, it had Pyrethrins and Canola Oil.)

Nice pics guys - they're looking extremely healthy mr muncheez...

good to see ur northern lights have picked up so well prelude - just make sure you continue giving them plenty water, by which i mean give em more each time than you were.... sorry to keep labouring this point but your cuttings all look too dry... in the afghan kush pic, only some of the soil is wet! Ur definitely not giving them enough, i'm not talking about frequency but qquantity of water, are you watering from the bottom as well yet? If not start now, pockets of dry soil are not going to be beneficial to your roots. im convinced that this the same problem you're having continuously, you've seen how the northern lights plants benefited from a good soaking. also i've just a close look at your afghan kush and although there are some marks on the bottom leaves, they look too large for spider mite speckles and i can't see any evidence of spider mites on any of the upper leaves, so you can prob rest easy on the spray for now, tho of course keep ur eyes peeled!!

good luck!!

Thanks Chronic..much appreciated..my hard work is finally starting to pay off. I've strugged through my fair share of problems and lack-luster harvests...lol

"Muncheez, Im sure you've already mentioned or have been asked, but what wattage/how many bulbs are you using?
Do you have to give any special treatment to Sour D, or Purple K?
My purple kush clone seems to be pretty depressed. lol"

Using 1 600 watt RedEye Hortilux HPS.
I water them all with the same nutes and ph level. Two nice waterings of ferts and then 1 plain water to help wash any salt build-up. I use an 18 gal rubbermaid to mix water and nutes up in, with a submersible pump. Once I have the ppm's and ph where I want them to be..ph 6.5-6.8 and the pump has circulated everything real good....I pump the water back into a jug and fill up the trays which the plants are sitting in...anything they don't soak up from the bottom, I pour on top.

What I have noticed is that the PK doesn't use up as much water (especially toward the end of flowering) so becareful not to over-water. Probably has something to do where it originates from, the Kush & Afgani strains adapted to the Hindu Kush region etc etc.. which is much more dry and arid compared to a semi-tropical area which Sativa's thrive in.

Prelude have you made up any Grow nutes yet. If your still using the BigBloom, probably best to cut back on that or just use a little bit in conjunction with the FF Grow Big. I think they can use a nice dose of Nitrogen, if they haven't gotten any yet. The Northern's are looking nice, they won't have any problem growing into nice bushy plants. The others still need some TLC..lol.
Also, I would suggest buying a bottle of Hygrozyme..it's a fantastic medium cleanser...it eats any dead or dying roots and washes away any waste the plant excretes into the soil. It gets used along with your normal nutrient feeding schedule. Just something to look into and keep in mind...

I would cut back on the spraying..it sounds like it's starting to do more damage than good, but if you see any mites still, try diluting the spray even more with plain water. Could be to concentrated for the young plants, so its burning them.

Do you foliar feed your plants? During veg, I foliar feed with a mild grow solution every 2 or 3 days, then about a week before I turn to 12/12, I will start to foliar feed w/ the Humboldt Ginormous, that stuff is great, it kinda helps transition them into flowering. It's also a bloom additive that gets put into the water along with the other nutes, and I also use it to foliar feed til about the 3rd or 4th week of flowering...once they have some nice bud clusters I try not to spray them with anything at all.

They aren't my cuttings.(though I have been watering everything from the bottom now , been doing so for about 2 weeks, I do see a difference)
I've been watering those clones EVERY day.
And EVERY day the top soil is dry in those damned clay pots.
They suck the fucking water out of the soil before the plants can.
Pisses me off...
Anywho...Im not mad at you bubonic If anything they should be suffering from over watering , but, they just dry out, (Ive watered them twice a day on some occasions)Thnx for the luck, I think this will be my good grow, 3rd times the charm. ;)

I was wondering if I should Top/Fim these Northern Lights or if I should just let em do their own thing.

How many plants do you have under that one 600 watt?

Ive been giving mine water around 6.2-6.7, I mixed some water/nutes last night (of grow big)[also, what did you mean by make up any nutes? I planned on using the 3 part foxfarms.) , and watered all the clones and the NL (I've been letting them soak water up in a tray, and what I dont use I pour over the top, hehe, sound familiar? lol , seems to work pretty well.)
I stopped spraying, lets all pray that the mites are gone and don't come back mid flower or something...(might just dilute it and try it once a week on those clones for the next week or two.

All the clones seem to be starting to push out their first set of new leaves, so, Im happy with that.
I don't have any medium cleanser though, guess I should get some of that...

Also, neither of My Northern Lights have shown sex, yet, how long until they should show sex?
(they are both femmed, but, you never know)

And no, i haven't tried foliar feeding, as I never wanted to burn my leaves, (and for some reason, when I first started, I kept thinking, Hmm, More nutes = happier plant, haha...found out that was way wrong).

Does foliar feeding help/make a difference in anyway?
Ive noticed that the northern Lights that I do have (the one that seemed to have some deformity in the leaves) are pushing out VERY thin leaves, paper thin.

Also, I just found out last night,
Im supposed to adjust the ph of my water AFTER adding nutes right? haha
I adjusted my water, to 6.3 (god it took forever to get it where I wanted, as our R.O. system is pumping out water with 7.8 pH)
then I added nutes, and my pH had to be adjusted again,
(that is the correct order to do it right? Nutes then adjust pH? I wasn't ever paying attention to which order I did that in. but it makes a diff)

Woah , sorry this post is all over the place, haha. A little confusing when I read it myself

Last edited:
HOLY CRAP!! Hell yes it makes a difference..lol Definitely have to adjust the PH **AFTER** you add the nutes. The nutes themselves throw off the PH. Some of the 3 part regimenes are ph balanced, but what I meant by making up a batch of nutes..is just that. Fill containers with water, add your nutes, then check ppm's and ph and adjust accordingly. Prelude, once you invest in a PH pen, you will thank yourself..it's is soooo much quicker and easier to dial in the PH.

I used to do the same thing Prelude, just fill jugs, add nutes and water and some of them handled it, but others suffered severely from the way I was watering. My buddy brought over his ph pen and ppm meter and we measured the water (they way I was doing it) and my ph was well above 7 and the ppms were over 1000 and this was during veg (my water out of the tap is 443..OUCH!!)...THAT IS WAY TO HIGH. So, once I purchased the ph pen and ppm meter and focused on keeping the numbers where they should be, my plants were have never been healthier.

Yes, I feel that foliar feeding is totally beneficial to them. I've experienced results first hand. Just make a real light dose of Grow water and fill your sprayer. See if you get a ppm meter, they are cheap.. then you can see what level the water is and know whether it's to strong. Put like 1ml or 2ml's of grow into a gallon of water and use that gallon for your foliar feeding.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.