MDPV Megathread 9: The thrill of the chase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albion

Bluelight Crew
MDPV​

414px-MDPV.svg.png

Old thread here

Methylenedioxypyrovalerone (MDPV) is a psychoactive drug with stimulant properties which acts as a norepinephrine-dopamine reuptake inhibitor (NDRI). First developed in 1969, it remained an obscure stimulant until around 2004 when it was reportedly sold as a designer drug. It is also known as Cloud 9, MDPK, MTV, Magic, Maddie, Black Rob, Super Coke, PV and Peeve.

Methylenedioxypyrovalerone has no record of FDA approved medical use. Reportedly, it has four times the potency of methylphenidate (Ritalin, Concerta), although its pharmacology has only recently been studied in detail. MDPV is the 3,4-methylenedioxy ring-substituted analog of the compound pyrovalerone, developed in the 1960s, which has been used for the treatment of chronic fatigue and as an anorectic, but caused problems of abuse and dependence. However, despite its structural similarity, the effects of MDPV bear little resemblance to other methylenedioxyphenylalkylamine derivatives such as 3,4-methylenedioxy-N-methylamphetamine (MDMA), instead producing primarily stimulant effects with only mild entactogenic qualities.

The primary psychological effects have a duration of roughly 3 to 4 hours, with after effects such as tachycardia, hypertension, and mild stimulation lasting from 6 to 8 hours. High doses have been observed to cause intense, prolonged panic attacks in stimulant-intolerant users, and there are anecdotal reports of psychosis from sleep withdrawal and addiction at higher doses or more frequent dosing intervals. MDPV has been distinguished by some for its powers as an aphrodisiac. It has also been repeatedly noted for inducing strong cravings to re-administer. Users have reported a compulsive desire to continuously re-dose, even following onset of the unpleasant side effects induced by prolonged use and higher doses.

Extended binges on MDPV have also been reported to produce severe comedown syndrome similar to that of methamphetamine, characterized by depression, lethargy, headache, anxiety, postural hypotension (lightheadedness and weakness of the muscles), and in some cases severely bloodshot eyes, which usually subside within 4 to 8 hours. MDPV may also cause temporary bruxism or grinding of the teeth. Side effects are highly dose-dependent. No fatalities have so far been reported without the combination of other substances except for suicide.
Reported modalities of intake include oral consumption, insufflation, smoking, rectal and intravenous use. It is supposedly active at 3–5 mg, with typical doses ranging between 5–20 mg. MDPV loses potency when it is put into solution.

was gonna ask in the previous thread but anyway:
to the long term daily users mdpv psy, anatrica etc, do you still get the bromine/chlorine smell coming from your pores? or does your body just get used to it and it goes away?

hi stone yes i did (not from lady m though), but im not going to get into it on this topic. i got a lot of problems and accusations because of my hobbies so ive just decided to stay out of those sorts of threads and ignore the people who are trying to frame me.

Oh I wouldn't worry about cluttering the PV thread with rubbish Adam, it will do that itself soon enough. I am interested in how you got on with the tin though. I thought you were giving it to Marmz, not visa versa?

well that kind of fizzled out before christmas and she said she was going to get one from one of her younger relatives (a cousin maybe?) she was going to post some asian tins i think but forgot them. so a couple of days before christmas i wrapped it with the trading cards inside for my nephew. i went round to my brothers on boxing day for a drink and food asking everyone what they had etc, but basically turns out the ungrateful little shit just opened my gift and then put it in a draw,. i asked my brother if he would mind if i could have it back, dont mind about the cards and ill get his son something else in the new year and he said yeah no problem. anyway ive got the tin back, plus all the cards and the little plastic thing too! but heres the clincher, im not getting that little bastard anything else hahaha. so sick of ungrateful people tbh,

Hahahahahahahahahaha! Brilliant!

You know when you think you understand the world, then something happens and you realise you don't have a fucking clue - and that's great?

Yeah.

I bet that YOU might get used to the smell coming out of your pores, but I bet everyone else can still smell it :D

I was told by those close to me that I stank like a rotten potato when using mdpv :p

Apvp gives off a strange odor from my pores too. Definitely a different type of stank though, actually I feel it's more of a fishy bromine like odor than mdpv. It has been like 2 years since I've had mdpv though so I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Drug fairy paid me a lil visit coupla days ago (drug faries <3). Oddly enough, wasn't the drug fairy I was expecting to pay a visit this week (that one is looking increasingly like she got waylaid at customs :() so was a very pleasant surprise. Was only a smidge tho (~250mg according to the label - I really wouldn't know as I've never seen such a small amount ;)). Is as lushy as ever but I do have one issue with such extreme moderation...

Usually when I'm on a run I have several days/weeks of uberintense stimulation, hypermanicality and general freakey followed by my ol' chum paranoid psychosis (such an underrated state of mind :D) and then if I get past that it's the utter mongdom only heavy stim fiends really know and (sort of) love. With this distinctly tame amount I kinda went from the massively (almost overly) intense initial stimulation straight to the mongdom without so much of the funtimes inbetween. Perhaps this may sounds like an improvement to some but it really isn't. Some drugs just ain't made for moderation. Not that kinda moderation anyway... But as an essentially free gift from the drug faries this ain't really a complaint so much as on observation.

After some considerable time practicing I think I've come to the conclusion that 1-2g is probably the ideal run for me. With maybe the occasionaly 5g one just for oldtimes' sake now and then. 5g is just about the limit for me in terms of getting all the nutzo stuff I've always adored without going too far down the hole (comparatively ;)). When I was up to 10g runs things really did get into some horribly fucked up places - which is really saying summat by my standards. Can't do longterm use like some here seem to manage either. Binge and purge ftw <3

I wondered where you had gone, Shambles. Shoulda known PV was what snatched you away =D

Are you essentially saying that making 250mg last to two days is categorically less fun than making 1g run for a week? I'd be happy to have 250mg last for two days, and escape from it all just before my life starts to slide down the MDPV hill into chaos.

Ha! Yes that is exactly what I'm saying =D

I am in no way bitchin' 'bout it, mind. Obviously can't go into detail here but was actually a tad more than I was expecting for essentially nowt. The thing is that (for me at least) peev has always really come into it's own at around the third day of a run - the first two days tend to be a bit heavy going as you work your tolerance up to the necessary level to really start to be able to do it justice. Problem with such a brief run and moderate amount was that just as I got past the "oh fuck! gimme benzos, gimme geeb - stat!!!" stage it was more or less gone so went straight into the braindead mong stage whilst missing out the good bit. Admittedly what I call "the good bit" may not be everyone's idea of a good bit :D

Spoke to this particular drug fairy the day before it arrived and it was suggested that perhaps instead of me ordering willynilly meself said fairy could leave a lil under me pillow for a very reasonably price but no more than 2g max at a time. Think that would suit me well tbh. Peev is perhaps the one drug that I can't entirely trust meself to trust meself with. Actually it's one of several but that's not the point in the peev thread ;)

Heh, yeah, I understand what you mean about getting into the PV stride. When you're up for 2-3-4-5-6-7 days at a time, and you no longer care, and nor does your heart object, that's when you've found it 8) For me, anyway. The 7 days awake stint was something else though 8(

I have to admit some batches are a lot easier to get used to than others though...I remember one exceptional gram I bought from Germany kept me high off a single plugged dose all day long, and high in the purest, unadulterated sense.

I think that was when I made my PV spaceship :sus:

166030_10150954183249395_1730843153_n.jpg

Lest anyone forget!

how could we? i was thinking about the USS Albion only the other day ;)

I think I christened it the Lego Shuttle 9000.1...But USS Albion is better :)

I have it kept in a draw at home I'm so paranoid about it getting broken! Especially after the incident with my cat.

Hey peeps, I'm curious about something.

I used to love PV - staying up all night on it was the most fun thing ever, and I'd normally redose well into the next day and occasionally through the next night and day as well. Up till then I hadn't had a hint of psychosis, everything was dandy. When I tried a third straight night on it is when psychosis hit me like a freight train. Convinced my friends had called the cops on me, ran out of the building only to be confronted with groups of sinister shadowy figures with guns, thinking that every passing car was a cop trailing me etc etc if you've been there you know. I'm still amazed at how sudden and realistic it was.

Eventually I started feeling dangerously out of touch with reality so I necked a load of phenazepam and called it a night (not before I'd thrown half my friend's possessions out the window at the shadow people who were firing arrows at me from the street). That was my one and so far only run in with full-blown paranoid psychosis (interestingly, I was once accidently up for 5 days on desoxypipradrol and the psychosis wasn't half as severe).

So for these peeps who stay up 5,6,7 or more days on it, how does that work? I assume that anyone who stays up for long enough on pv will inevitably go bat-shit, terrifyingly insane at some point. Do you people actually continue redosing past that point, and stay up for 2 or 3 or however more days in a state of panicked confusion? Or maybe some people are more prone to severe psychosis of this nature than others? Or is it a case of learning to 'manage' the psychosis with experience? I must admit that at certain points the psychosis felt kinda magical, in a weird way, so maybe there is a twisted appeal to it as well.

At any rate, I am intrigued.

Answers on a postcard please.

...The 7 days awake stint was something else though 8(

Pussy :p;)<3

Seven days was my standard when I was buying a gramme a week of very nice white peev from a UK vendor who turned to absolute shite once it was banned. Worked out at four days of round the clock vaping followed by a day or two of residual stimulation and fiending, a day or so of kip then time to order another one. Once I got into ordering larger amounts from overseas vendors (cos one gramme is such a relatively shitty deal for the additional hassle and wait involved) things started to get a tad hairy when it was getting into the month or more 24/7 dosing stage. I actually needed to take about double me standard dose just to sleep for a while... somewhat bizarrely. Psychosis got a bit much even for me to find entirely pleasant eventually...

As for peev-induced creativity, I totally agree that some batches are much better for that than others. Used to be bursting with creative energy (depending on what you find creative :D) but never made a spaceship. Peevship <3

Hey peeps, I'm curious about something.

I used to love PV - staying up all night on it was the most fun thing ever, and I'd normally redose well into the next day and occasionally through the next night and day as well. Up till then I hadn't had a hint of psychosis, everything was dandy. When I tried a third straight night on it is when psychosis hit me like a freight train. Convinced my friends had called the cops on me, ran out of the building only to be confronted with groups of sinister shadowy figures with guns, thinking that every passing car was a cop trailing me etc etc if you've been there you know. I'm still amazed at how sudden and realistic it was.

Eventually I started feeling dangerously out of touch with reality so I necked a load of phenazepam and called it a night (not before I'd thrown half my friend's possessions out the window at the shadow people who were firing arrows at me from the street). That was my one and so far only run in with full-blown paranoid psychosis (interestingly, I was once accidently up for 5 days on desoxypipradrol and the psychosis wasn't half as severe).

So for these peeps who stay up 5,6,7 or more days on it, how does that work? I assume that anyone who stays up for long enough on pv will inevitably go bat-shit, terrifyingly insane at some point. Do you people actually continue redosing past that point, and stay up for 2 or 3 or however more days in a state of panicked confusion? Or maybe some people are more prone to severe psychosis of this nature than others? Or is it a case of learning to 'manage' the psychosis with experience? I must admit that at certain points the psychosis felt kinda magical, in a weird way, so maybe there is a twisted appeal to it as well.

At any rate, I am intrigued.

Answers on a postcard please.

I have to admit I've never had psychosis as bad as that, on any drug.

For me, psychosis is most prevalent at night, but at its worst I only really get paranoid about people potentially walking in on me when I'm using MDPV, and in a shared households I think that's perfectly understandable and warranted. The time I stayed up for 7 days, my issues were less to do with paranoia, and more to do with avoiding falling asleep on my feet.

The sleep deprivation always has the same effect: Delirious enjoyment, melting walls, auditory phenomena etc. I think a lot of the magical 'fun' of stimulant psychosis stems specifically from the effects of sleep deprivation. And the fact you're high...When the drug wears off things can get a bit bleak.

Pussy :p;)<3

Seven days was my standard when I was buying a gramme a week of very nice white peev from a UK vendor who turned to absolute shite once it was banned. Worked out at four days of round the clock vaping followed by a day or two of residual stimulation and fiending, a day or so of kip then time to order another one. Once I got into ordering larger amounts from overseas vendors (cos one gramme is such a relatively shitty deal for the additional hassle and wait involved) things started to get a tad hairy when it was getting into the month or more 24/7 dosing stage. I actually needed to take about double me standard dose just to sleep for a while... somewhat bizarrely. Psychosis got a bit much even for me to find entirely pleasant eventually...

As for peev-induced creativity, I totally agree that some batches are much better for that than others. Used to be bursting with creative energy (depending on what you find creative :D) but never made a spaceship. Peevship <3

Yikes...Really can't comprehend what a regimen like that would do to me...Most likely drop out of uni, lose a lot of friends, burn a lot of bridges...

...Make a lot of spaceships.

Last edited:
Interesting reply, thanks (seem to have deleted the original post somehow). I also got the auditory hallucinations, and I agree there is some strange euphoric spiritually-tinged aspect to psychosis, at least when you're not running for you life from a group of heavily armed Congolese soldiers surrounding a tank (when I looked round again it was a tree). It's fucking dangerous being in a state like that though, easy to see how you could hurt yourself or someone else.

^ It's undeleted now.

Sleep deprivation and stimulant psychosis is a dangerous state whether or not you think the world's out to get you tbh...It's a very effective warning from your body that things need rectifying asap.

Ya. It's not the kinda level of (ab)use I could go near if I actually had something - anything - else in my oh-so-very-quiet rural idyll of a life. As it is the longest conversation I have with an in the flesh actual person most weeks is asking for a half oz of baccy at the Co-Op. I tend to skip even that whilst peeved to the gills, mind :D

One day I'll have a life that involves other people in actual civilisation again but til then I'm somewhat stuck out here in the boonies with all the time in the world and no real reason to limit my somewhat excessive tendencies. Believe me - the occasional interlude of extreme sleep deprivation and associated stim psychosis counts as a bit of a highlight of life I can assure you 8)

Speaking of psychosis, in answer to Illustrious Junk, ya it's not summat that has much appeal for most. For me it's only really cos the insanity has very limited exposure to or impact on other people cos there just ain't anybody around to really notice or care as mentioned above. It has occasionally spilled over into public displays of insanity but tbh it mainly just makes for a bit of an adventure to break up the mind-numbing tedium of existing in the arse end of nowhere with only meself to entertain. You can really get very into the peaks and troughs of it all on a lengthy run. Sometimes it does get overwhelming and you end up doing some properly insane stuff (I handed in me lappy to the police station here around a month into a bit of a mad one where I maybe slept an hour or so every 3-4 days at most 8() but mostly it's been very enjoyable - have had some great adventures all to meself that no other drug could ever replicate <3

You mention desoxy... tried it a few times when peev was banned in the UK but never really got into it. Just got the psychosis as if I'd been up for weeks on peev only much quicker and much "colder" and less enjoyable all round. Plus desoxy is a pretty wank drug anyway compared to peev ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.