• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Recovery (Stories & Support - 7) [ALL LTC posts go here]

So unfortunately things are getting worse for me. Due to corona I can't do my regular job so I'm back at an office, working with my head. This gives me fatigue (mental and physical), brain fog, muscle tension.
It is striking that on the day itself the symptoms are pretty low. The next day there is a huge increase in fatigue, lethargy, more depression and more anxiety. Also the recovery time from one working day is a few days of rest, so when working more then three days a week the fatigue will pile up. The work itself doesn't stress me out. I do even like it, not as much as my normal job but it's okay. Only the increase in symptoms makes is not funny at the moment.
I'm thinking of going back to my psychologist and looking for a reason that's maybe underlying anxiety or depression.

More people who have this? That working with your head gives a lot of symptoms. (school or job)

In the beginning yes, but later it's better even than usual. Should try HIIT exercises, at the beginning your cortisol will spike up and can feel worse, but in the long-term it's personally to me proven to be helpful. Stay Strong

Congrats mate
Mine still twitch oll over my body
Have you heard of zyprexa ( atypic antipsychotique)
Im taking know since one year )
I was doing fine (but the twitching havent subsid completly) my doc tried to wean me off of it
She told me to cut it by half it a horrible exprience worse than the benzo . I got on it againg but it seems it has lost his effect on me !!! ? Dont know why . Now im in a very dark place
Any idea
I'm also twitching right now and my face is just weird it feels hard and my body is twitching on every place

Oh no, believe me the horror stories are endless, you're going through the same and it's harsh. SSRIs sometimes take few attempts to work, just don't lose hope and time will make it better as long you don't give up and feed your anxiety
I took escitalpromol yesterday and I just feel like I made it all worse ,my body is moving on its own. I think this whole entire thing is making it worse I'm shivering right now and my jaw is locking , I feel like I'm basically high on MDMA in a way and this is just from one dose .

I think out of everyone here I'm the most affected. I'm just staring blankly at space and there is nothing in my mind. Suicide is creeping in bit by bit. I feel death knocking I'm just scared of the other side

I think out of everyone here I'm the most affected. I'm just staring blankly at space and there is nothing in my mind. Suicide is creeping in bit by bit. I feel death knocking I'm just scared of the other side

Probably should go see a doctor, They can prescribe benzos to help with the comedown and then plan what they can do to stop the negative symptoms. You need to take some multivitamins and 5htp to help recover.

Probably should go see a doctor, They can prescribe benzos to help with the comedown and then plan what they can do to stop the negative symptoms. You need to take some multivitamins and 5htp to help recover.
Thank you for answering I have a meeting with a phyc on Monday but that too far away I'm losing it right now.

i usually smoke alot of weed if the comedown is really bad i have done alot aswell so i understand the feeling took me two months to recover once. I like to walk around in nature take vitamins 5tp and do exercise even yoga. Then i would smoke alot of weed at night to help with the sleep til i recovered.

i usually smoke alot of weed if the comedown is really bad i have done alot aswell so i understand the feeling took me two months to recover once. I like to walk around in nature take vitamins 5tp and do exercise even yoga. Then i would smoke alot of weed at night to help with the sleep til i recovered.
Weed is nueroprotective my cousin who I did the MDMA with for 3 days woke up and was totally fine he even drank the next day ,I couldn't he still is OK I've got cognitive impairment and balance disorder and a form of some movement disorder

I'll try 5htp

If you stopped the SSRI, how was the process to stop it? No relapse?
Cessation of medications should be done under the supervision of a medical professional familiar with psychiatric medications. Keep in mind, many primary care doctors receive limited training in psychiatry and psychiatric medications. Medications are not necessary for recovery nor would they be my first or even second choice, but there are many reports of people recovering from these syndromes with the use of medications and then being able to carefully taper the medications and remain well.

In my personal opinion, if somebody has improved their health with a medication such as an SSRI, it should be tapered very slowly, as long as there is no urgent need to taper it off quickly (like side effects due to the medication). Psychiatrists will often switch patients over to an SSRI with a very long half life such as fluoxetine (Prozac) to allow it to leave the brain and body very slowly and steadily, reducing the risk of shocking the system. The one drawback to such a technique is that reactions to different SSRIs/antidepressants can vary widely, and I personally would likely prefer tapering the same antidepressant rather than switching antidepressants for the purposes of tapering.

Hang in there everybody. Long time recovered ecstasy abuser here. Had severe symptoms for a couple years, and have now been 95% recovered for a couple years. The last 5% doesn't bother me at all these days. Its kind of like going from being completely physically disabled to "Oh no, I can't run a 5 minute mile like I used to"

Mindfulness meditation, exercise and time are three of the most important factors in recovery. Medications can also be very helpful for some but that is something to be done under the supervision of a psychiatrist, barring that at least an MD or Psychiatric Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner, who in the US often have more psychiatric/pharmacology training than many MDs but can be easier to come by. But I wouldn't say that medications should be tried right away unless there is a crisis at hand. If that is the case, there are a ton of different medications to be trialed - don't give up after only a few SSRIs have been tried. There are tons of different classes of medications other than anti-depressants that seem to be able to help with these various symptoms.

CY

Cessation of medications should be done under the supervision of a medical professional familiar with psychiatric medications. Keep in mind, many primary care doctors receive limited training in psychiatry and psychiatric medications. Medications are not necessary for recovery nor would they be my first or even second choice, but there are many reports of people recovering from these syndromes with the use of medications and then being able to carefully taper the medications and remain well.

In my personal opinion, if somebody has improved their health with a medication such as an SSRI, it should be tapered very slowly, as long as there is no urgent need to taper it off quickly (like side effects due to the medication). Psychiatrists will often switch patients over to an SSRI with a very long half life such as fluoxetine (Prozac) to allow it to leave the brain and body very slowly and steadily, reducing the risk of shocking the system. The one drawback to such a technique is that reactions to different SSRIs/antidepressants can vary widely, and I personally would likely prefer tapering the same antidepressant rather than switching antidepressants for the purposes of tapering.

Hang in there everybody. Long time recovered ecstasy abuser here. Had severe symptoms for a couple years, and have now been 95% recovered for a couple years. The last 5% doesn't bother me at all these days. Its kind of like going from being completely physically disabled to "Oh no, I can't run a 5 minute mile like I used to"

Mindfulness meditation, exercise and time are three of the most important factors in recovery. Medications can also be very helpful for some but that is something to be done under the supervision of a psychiatrist, barring that at least an MD or Psychiatric Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner, who in the US often have more psychiatric/pharmacology training than many MDs but can be easier to come by. But I wouldn't say that medications should be tried right away unless there is a crisis at hand. If that is the case, there are a ton of different medications to be trialed - don't give up after only a few SSRIs have been tried. There are tons of different classes of medications other than anti-depressants that seem to be able to help with these various symptoms.

CY
In 11/2017 i took extc pill and smoke a joint then i went to hell 3 month of hell all the symptoms that you can imagine were triggered by that pill
Mucsle twitching
Headaches pressure tingling
Insomnia
Vivid dream
Dp/dr
Hppd
Etc
I went to the psy he gave me ssri / antipsychotic/ xanax
After a month i was 100% fine
But i had withrawal from the ssri i couldnt breath
So i stopped all the meds after 4 month
I start drinking heavily and i start to suffer from imbalance i took some corticoidsteroid and boom
Returned to square 1 so from since im dealing with muscle twitching and insomnia and other symptoms it feels like wont subsided i ve seen people in bluelight suffering from this 8 yeras or more
I feel desperate 😥 its been 31 month now
Ecxuse me englich is not my native languages
The muscle twitching seem are permanent
What do u think cotcha

What do u think cotcha
Those muscle twitches or "fasciculations" occur in normal, mentally and otherwise physically healthy people - just wanted to say that those aren't anything to be concerned about, I still have those too in my calf muscles but a messed up spine from physical labor probably hasn't been helping there. But they don't bother me at all, and believe me, once you're recovered, you won't care about them either.

The syndrome you describe is pretty common, the outlook is good but its important to not catastrophize too much (negative thoughts and voice in the head/inner monologue) and follow what many people before you have figured out to be (in my opinion) the optimal recovery regimen. Mindfulness meditation, exercise/stretching, and time. I would also recommend avoiding sugar, caffeine, alcohol and fast food et cetera

There are certainly cases where people have come off of medications too quickly and had a recurrence of symptoms. Our collective anecdotal experience was that if you're stable on an SSRI or making progress, it might not be the best idea to come off of it before you've been ~80% recovered for a year or so. Benzodiazepines are a different animal because the issues with dependence after using them for a year are much stronger. But they have the potential to help quicker, and there are long acting benzos that are used in a similar manner as how Prozac was described above, for the purposes of tapering off of a medication. Anti-psychotic withdrawals are no phone as well, and they should certainly be tapered. They can help keep stress under control, and help wiith insomnia/over active minds for some people at lower doses. Higher doses have a more typical anti-psychotic effect and that's not necessarily what is desired in this case, in my opinion.

Can you recall what medications you were on, at what dosages and when the different drugs were initiated? Or taken together?

If you were helped by a combination of SSRIs, antipsychotics and benzos before, then have you considered talking to your doctor about trialing those medications individually to see which one was helpful? If it was helpful before, I assume it can still be helpful now. Your story is not uncommon. I had some slip ups with withdrawals from medications too. Gabapentin was a pretty bad withdrawal for me after taking the highest dose for a while. I was definitely pretty upset with how much progress I felt that I had lost.

Doing great now though, and totally substance free. I'm not as good about doing my mindfulness meditation as I should be these days, but I've still got so much to learn about that. For many people that is actually their miracle recovery secret though. I would start by doing some body scanning sessions daily for a few weeks, scan your body and relax every single muscle group as much as you can. There are many great, free guided meditations on youtube. Many people seem to have some issues with head pressure that may be related to overactive cranial nerves, and the occipifrontalis might be a culprit there. Many of these symptoms are reminiscent of occipital neuralgia, but that's a big bag of potatoes to unpack accurately

Don't lose hope or get stuck, I can't believe that I ever thought I would stay stuck like this for the rest of my life, but those negative thoughts just lead to anxiety and perpetuate the symptoms. Mindfulness was my main way out.
CY

In 11/2017 i took extc pill and smoke a joint then i went to hell 3 month of hell all the symptoms that you can imagine were triggered by that pill
Mucsle twitching
Headaches pressure tingling
Insomnia
Vivid dream
Dp/dr
Hppd
Etc
I went to the psy he gave me ssri / antipsychotic/ xanax
After a month i was 100% fine
But i had withrawal from the ssri i couldnt breath
So i stopped all the meds after 4 month
I start drinking heavily and i start to suffer from imbalance i took some corticoidsteroid and boom
Returned to square 1 so from since im dealing with muscle twitching and insomnia and other symptoms it feels like wont subsided i ve seen people in bluelight suffering from this 8 yeras or more
I feel desperate 😥 its been 31 month now
Ecxuse me englich is not my native languages
What do u think cotcha
So you got 100% better from like hppd and everything?

Hey Cotcha,

Congratz to your recovery. I've read the whole LTC-thread two times... I'm 18 months into my own recovery.... I would rly appreciate if you could answer some questions related to your journey....

Currently i am still suffering from cognitive impairment, sleep problems, headpressure, muscle twitching, a high sensibility to alcohol and other stuff, yeah and fatigue (i am never feeling well rested)... I guess all of this is caused by anxiety...

Concerning your recovery:
i know you've suffered from heavy insomnia... How is your sleep quality today?

Why are you just recovered 95%?

What are the remaining symptoms and what differs from your pre-ltc status?

How long last your ltc until you were at 95%?

...pls excuse my english, its not my native tongue

Rly appreciate any answer... Wish you all the best!

Those muscle twitches or "fasciculations" occur in normal, mentally and otherwise physically healthy people - just wanted to say that those aren't anything to be concerned about, I still have those too in my calf muscles but a messed up spine from physical labor probably hasn't been helping there. But they don't bother me at all, and believe me, once you're recovered, you won't care about them either.

The syndrome you describe is pretty common, the outlook is good but its important to not catastrophize too much (negative thoughts and voice in the head/inner monologue) and follow what many people before you have figured out to be (in my opinion) the optimal recovery regimen. Mindfulness meditation, exercise/stretching, and time. I would also recommend avoiding sugar, caffeine, alcohol and fast food et cetera

There are certainly cases where people have come off of medications too quickly and had a recurrence of symptoms. Our collective anecdotal experience was that if you're stable on an SSRI or making progress, it might not be the best idea to come off of it before you've been ~80% recovered for a year or so. Benzodiazepines are a different animal because the issues with dependence after using them for a year are much stronger. But they have the potential to help quicker, and there are long acting benzos that are used in a similar manner as how Prozac was described above, for the purposes of tapering off of a medication. Anti-psychotic withdrawals are no phone as well, and they should certainly be tapered. They can help keep stress under control, and help wiith insomnia/over active minds for some people at lower doses. Higher doses have a more typical anti-psychotic effect and that's not necessarily what is desired in this case, in my opinion.

Can you recall what medications you were on, at what dosages and when the different drugs were initiated? Or taken together?

If you were helped by a combination of SSRIs, antipsychotics and benzos before, then have you considered talking to your doctor about trialing those medications individually to see which one was helpful? If it was helpful before, I assume it can still be helpful now. Your story is not uncommon. I had some slip ups with withdrawals from medications too. Gabapentin was a pretty bad withdrawal for me after taking the highest dose for a while. I was definitely pretty upset with how much progress I felt that I had lost.

Doing great now though, and totally substance free. I'm not as good about doing my mindfulness meditation as I should be these days, but I've still got so much to learn about that. For many people that is actually their miracle recovery secret though. I would start by doing some body scanning sessions daily for a few weeks, scan your body and relax every single muscle group as much as you can. There are many great, free guided meditations on youtube. Many people seem to have some issues with head pressure that may be related to overactive cranial nerves, and the occipifrontalis might be a culprit there. Many of these symptoms are reminiscent of occipital neuralgia, but that's a big bag of potatoes to unpack accurately

Don't lose hope or get stuck, I can't believe that I ever thought I would stay stuck like this for the rest of my life, but those negative thoughts just lead to anxiety and perpetuate the symptoms. Mindfulness was my main way out.
CY
Thanks cotcha for the reply
So you had it all over the body ( the muscle twitching) ? And it calmed down over the years?