• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Recovery (Stories & Support - 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the neurosteroid theory is one of the most interesting, especially considering the potency (for some of us) of benzos for treating the myriad of LTC symptoms. For instance an increase of visual and cognitive acuity isn't normally what is associated with benzos. It would be awesome if some sufferers would be able to test the allopregnanolone analogs some time in the near future.

I know that this route has supposedly been effective for treating PTSD in veterans too. Some doctor talked at length about this on Joe Rogans podcast a few years back.

Also the deep trans-cranial magnetic stimulation seems worth looking into.

I think the neurosteroid theory is one of the most interesting, especially considering the potency (for some of us) of benzos for treating the myriad of LTC symptoms. For instance an increase of visual and cognitive acuity isn't normally what is associated with benzos. It would be awesome if some sufferers would be able to test the allopregnanolone analogs some time in the near future.

I know that this route has supposedly been effective for treating PTSD in veterans too. Some doctor talked at length about this on Joe Rogans podcast a few years back.

Also the deep trans-cranial magnetic stimulation seems worth looking into.

Those allopregnalone analogs look promising. Maybe a few years from now we'll give it a shot.

It's been months without any improvement for me, and my floaters and scheers phenomenon are getting worse, my Tinnitus too. I don't have depression and I don't have that much anxiety, and my cognitive function is fine. I think I seared my brain and fused some connections. Oh well.

I'm still thinking that some people's visual disturbances and head symptoms (lightheadedness, dizziness, tinnitus), as well as mood symptoms could be explained via issues with neck muscles compressing a particular artery that supplies the rear region of the brain (that handles vision) among other regions.

An opthamologist once told me that my visual disturbances were "acephalgic migraine", or essentially migraine aura without headache, and that it was probably caused by a "blood vessel spasming in the back of the head".

I came to find out later on that I have some compression of the artery in my neck that supplies the brain region relevant for the visual symptoms, among other regions.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/818289-New-quot-LTC-quot-Theory

There is the thread I made if anyone is interested.

I don't think my tinnitus or VS will get better Ive just learned to cope better with them.

If you're getting lightheadedness I think you could really benefit from some consistent cardio and a solid diet (sorry I can't remember if you're into cardio - if you are great, keep it up and it will improve along with a lot of other symptoms that may not seem related)

I wouldn't worry about the mini relapses. It seems like the scatter plot of recovery that got posted forever ago here is really spot on - good times and bad times, but on a long enough timeline, an overall positive trend.

Just FYI, .1mg is an extremely low dose. I don't know if you would start to get very tolerant or dependent on a .3mg etc dose or if the lightheadedness would become a bigger problem but that's something to talk to a doc about.

Hang in there.
Thanks. Yeah I've been trying to do more cardio lately, I've been trying to lift one day then run the next day and keep doing that all week with no days off. I dunno, it might be helping me sleep....And it feels good to work out. Yeah we'll see how I'm doing later this summer, if shit is still exactly the same I'll consider taking the clonodine consistently. I'm not suffering from depression....Or from major anxiety issues....So I feel meds aren't appropriate.

I don't think my tinnitus or VS will get better Ive just learned to cope better with them.
I hear ya man..... I'm feeling the same way.... Months and months without any progress for me.... With my crazy floaters and tinnitus and this constant racy nervy feeling.... Even though I'm not nervy. I think GoEasy is in a similar boat, although he can drink.....I can't at all.

ScaredFirstTimer,

I used to suffer from a complete disconnect from who I used to be which was a smart, funny, out going and insightful individual. I couldn't remember much of my life or create new memories easily. My mind was absolutely blank with no internal dialogue and no sense of identity. I couldn't understand how I used to be the way I was before this started cause there was no connection to any of those memories. It was like looking at a life long friend but not knowing what made them who they are. You shared all of the experiences 2nd hand and didn't understand what made them tick. This caused anxiety, severe depression, and an OCD like need to research every little thing about what is going on with me cause I felt I had brain damage after a weekend of MDMA and lsd use last year.

After about 8 months the intrusive thoughts of suicide went away and so did my anxiety and severe depression. I credit giving myself enough time and a supplement called theanine supreme with getting rid of the anxiety which killed the cycle of research and despair. So now that I'm free of those issues and can smoke, drink coffee, and take Adderall (I have ADHD).

The remaining issues seems to be the classic symptoms of depersonalization/derealization minus the visual flatness and observer part. My brain still doesn't register anything as important so it doesn't store anything into long term or short term memory. I have to be reminded of something before I can barely recall it happened. I've learned to cope well with the blank mind and it doesn't bother me like it used to.

I've slowly began to create a new identity like a child would through observing social norms, experiencing traumatic events like family and friends dying, and watching a lot of comedies to understand humor better.

My therapist wants to put me on lamotrigine and after much hesitation I'm gonna give it a shot cause if I can get back my agency or salience then I'll be 100% recovered!

Edit: Today, I took 20mg of adderall instead of my usual 10mg and it was the first time I felt like my old self. Sucks that I have to rely on an upper to feel normal but it felt good to be interested in things and social!

Last edited:
I hear ya man..... I'm feeling the same way.... Months and months without any progress for me.... With my crazy floaters and tinnitus and this constant racy nervy feeling.... Even though I'm not nervy. I think GoEasy is in a similar boat, although he can drink.....I can't at all.

Yep, I am lucky enough to be able to drink - I know it certainly doesn't help recovery at all though. Hangovers last for 2-3 days and that feeling of poison running through your veins & brain like the first few months of the LTC comes creeping back. But, sometimes you just need a few hours of escape and that's what it brings. It doesn't get me anxious at all which is great.

It's the 3 big symptoms for me. Tinnitus, floaters, head pressure. Get rid of those 3 and I'd be approaching normality with just a little brain fog to overcome.

I've been on Agomelatine for 3 months and initially it worked well to slightly dull my anxiety. It also helps with sleep, but I feel it is losing its effectiveness somewhat or I'm not really making any real progress.

Maybe its a move to Lexapro for me... The Doc is keen for me to try it and it seems to have got a few on this thread over the line.

Yep, I am lucky enough to be able to drink - I know it certainly doesn't help recovery at all though. Hangovers last for 2-3 days and that feeling of poison running through your veins & brain like the first few months of the LTC comes creeping back. But, sometimes you just need a few hours of escape and that's what it brings. It doesn't get me anxious at all which is great.

It's the 3 big symptoms for me. Tinnitus, floaters, head pressure. Get rid of those 3 and I'd be approaching normality with just a little brain fog to overcome.

I've been on Agomelatine for 3 months and initially it worked well to slightly dull my anxiety. It also helps with sleep, but I feel it is losing its effectiveness somewhat or I'm not really making any real progress.

Maybe its a move to Lexapro for me... The Doc is keen for me to try it and it seems to have got a few on this thread over the line.
Weren't you trying ashwaghanda as well for a while?

If you decide on lexapro, let us know how it goes. I have some doubts though on ADs helping non-emotional symptoms though, after my remeron trial. Especially​ since we have "pre-hppd" as I like to call it.

Last edited:
Fnono33, fortunately I haven't experienced those issues yet. I have taken one standard dose and a couple micro doses of Lucy since all of this started and nothing has gotten worse. I know I'm playing with fire but honestly its the only time I can feel like my old self with uninhibited free flowing thoughts and full access to my psyche.

It might sound crazy but It's actually helped me come to terms with what's going on by granting me a few hours of clarity to access myself and try to make some quick repairs to my identity.

I'm going back to Coachella in a couple weeks and I'm hoping I don't come back here with bad news about being at square one again.

Hi All,

Posted earlier in this thread and wanted to give those struggling an update. I hate coming back here but I'm 3.5 months (just about) and I am beginning to feel better. It looks pretty gloomy in here so I'm here with a more positive update. Not many people responded to my post earlier, but the two people who I've reached out to since this thing started have gotten me through the roughest times (thanks CloudIX and my LTC friend in Norway that I skype with).

Most of the physical symptoms are gone. I notice my floaters much less most days, but I do see them daily. Whatever visual snow I had seems to be clearing up, or maybe I'm imagining it. Either way, I try not to look at the sky too much and ignore it. They (the floaters) no longer cause me the anxiety it used to. It really is up and down for me, but the intrusive thoughts are changing and mostly for the better. The worst part right now is these weird solipsist thoughts (I'm not sure if they're related to dp/dr, but I'm assuming they are and I try to just cast it off as anxiety) and existential anxiety which makes me uncomfortable, but I am still functional. I work out 4-5 times a week (bjj and lifting, running) and only take fish oil at night and a b-vitamin a couple of times a week. I can sleep through the night without waking up with palpitations (8-9 even 10 hours sometimes). My appetite has returned, but I still only eat whole foods and healthily. I treat myself to something sweet if it's a heavy lifting day (there is joy in chocolate).

I will say that I am improving and am recovering. I still don't know if I'll ever be the same again, but I don't think I'll live under the delusions that I used to before I started doing drugs and such. Things do matter, life is short, we make our own meaning, etc. Some people that post here are religious; I'm not. I even went to this crazy Santeria lady who freaked me the hell out at the beginning and had to do tons of research to get my paranoia about shit that doesn't exist under control. Basically gone through this fucked up shift from being slightly spiritual to pretty much atheist . I feel like this makes LTC more difficult, but hell if I can survive it, so can you. I still want to be a good human, so I guess my emotions are still intact, but my intrusive thoughts generally involve hurting the people I love the most. The mind can be fucked up. Just know that it's anxiety.

In the beginning meditation and CBT got me through the worst of it. Now, they're kind of losing their edge, so I can only guess that it's because I don't really need them anymore or maybe I'm just getting lazy which also indicates recovery. I can confidently say the worst is over. The suicidal aspect is mostly gone and even though sometimes the thoughts of feeling "stuck" or being hyper-emotional about everything are overwhelming, they're still much better than what they used to be. I have a full time job and picked up a second job to keep busy. Even when my anxiety is leading me to the social anxiety/agoraphobic corners of my mind, I force myself to be social and it does help. The main point for me at this point is to no longer fear anything. I have an older friend that has gone through something like this in his early 20s from heavier drug use and he said it takes time, but you can come out of this a better person. The reality rug is pulled out from under you, your hard drive is wiped clean, and now you have to decide what you want to keep and what serves you to get through this shit.

I still fret about bullshit that doesn't make sense long after I've resolved it in my mind. This is a racing/cyclical thought process, I know, but when the anxiety is high it's hard to realize the root cause. If you're flipping shit, take a second. Then another. Then another. Call someone to talk and get the fuck out of your head. Go to work/school and put all your OCD and energy into your work to deal. Some people say less stress works for them, but being idle has always been a problem for me. Video games and exercise are getting me through this shit and just making the time go by.

I'm going to try and stay off this thing until month 6 and update progress then. I'm ready to deal with this shit for a year before seeking RX meds and I think that it's helping my recovery. I can't really drink, but it's not really big deal. Topo chico and mocktails until I feel like I can handle it. Keep your heads up, I got to get back to work. Take care.

I'm having tinnitus also. 5 - 6 weeks of noticing it. Started about 3 days after heavy dose. It's making my life very difficult. Able to tune it out during the day but at night it haunts me. The anxiety and depression it has caused is daunting. I don't even know who I am after thinking about this non-stop for this past week. It seems from people that have this from mdma there is a few that have recovered. I hope for all of our sake that it's just a matter of time. Life with this seems impossible.

Hey, I've spoken to three people who have had their tinnitus go away from mdma.

The tinnitus is quite annoying at times. Even worse/more annoying than visual snow at least to me.

I wonder how there isnt a cure for such a seemingly simple condition

LOL! April Fools!

On a more serious note I wish they would also look into how MDMA can *cause* tinnitus potentially as well as the adverse psychiatric LTC effects. Its not at all surprising to me that it relieved their tinnitus for 4 hours given all the pathways/neurotransmitters MDMA impacts.

Also interesting that there was a "large placebo effect". Which is also promising I guess :p

Last edited:
Cocaine causing tinnitus is an old one too, although it's helped some people funnily enough.

It may be we are turning over the wrong stones, and that a physical cause of tinnitus is the culprit

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stapedius_muscle

"Paralysis of the stapedius allows wider oscillation of the stapes, resulting in heightened reaction of the auditory ossicles to sound vibration. This condition, known as hyperacusis, causes normal sounds to be perceived as very loud."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/20800344/

"Botox transient treatment of tinnitus due to stapedius myoclonus: case report."

Tinnitus is a very common symptom in a particular condition called TOS as well as Bow Hunter's Syndrome, where the issue is neck muscle compression of a particular artery and dysfunction of neck muscles that run up to the ear/jaw.

Botox injections into a particular neck muscle (scalene) can offer relief of many TOS related head symptoms, particularly jaw pain (which is associated with tinnitus).

Compression of this particular artery could also explain various other symptoms including visual disturbances and lightheadedness.

My tinnitus seems to have lowered today.

Could just be a placebo effect but last night after reading that article I decided to just pop some low dose Baclofen and then today my tinnitus is much less bothersome. Volume seems lower and its tolerable with a fan on.

Baclofen is a GABA-B agonist so maybe its not placebo and the GABA has something to do with it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.