• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Recovery (Stories & Support - 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I mean I'm just upset I went on it so quickly, most people don't report an increase in HPPD like symptoms with mirtazapine though.

TBH, Bluebull and Cotcha mentioned clonodine in the very beginning of my LTC for sleep..... So give them credit, they know a few things!

Anyone look into a ketogenic diet? Shows promise for nerve growth? I might try it

I can't recall anybody trying keto, but I suppose its worth a try if one is okay with losing some muscle. I would advise discontinuing if you don't see beneficial effects around 6-8 weeks in, and as I recall for epilepsy most people experienced improvement before 1 month. The other thing is that there is a much higher risk of kidney stones (I believe it was around 8% of kids on a keto diet, compared to normally astronomical odds) but potassium citrate was found to be very helpful with zero side effects. So I would definitely recommend taking potassium citrate (maybe 100mg, or 50mg once in the morning and then 50mg at night) if you're planning on doing keto (imagine what the stress of kidney stones could do to one of us lol)

I wouldn't outright recommend it for people with physical health issues, like deconditioning and weakness or back pain. The only scenario where keto helps there is if it helps insomnia and the insomnia is the cause of the physical health issues. I suppose in that scenario you could try to do something more towards atkins, which will have a bit more protein and carbs instead of being very little carbs and protein and high in fats like keto. But I personally say do a bunch of cardio and eat enough carbs, some fats, and a good amount of protein. It would be hard to do cardio on a keto/atkins type diet. There is risk of losing too much weight.

But I would love data on Keto for LTCs/HPPD. Just wouldn't want any of you to have to be the guinea pig if there is risk of making you physically weak(er).

Thanks cotcha, great advice as always. Yeah it was more of a thought than anything else.... Since on Reddit done people report it helps HPPD. Is it supposed to help with insomnia?

If I was to do it, I'd do a modified version where I'd get enough protein and lots of vegetables.

Were you ever prescribed amitriptyline?

Its mainly an epilepsy treatment, so I figure if it can reduce the excitability of the brain enough to help with seizures, maybe it could help with insomnia (or HPPD, which is speculated to be an issue with inhibitory interneurons)

I did take amitriptyline for a tiny bit but it was a strange stage of my life and I can't really remember how I did. I think my insomnia was a bit worse but most other people really like it for sleep, and it does have great efficacy as an antidepressant. This was back when I had no idea about mindfulness and such so I could have a completely different reaction to it now.

Anyone look into a ketogenic diet? Shows promise for nerve growth? I might try it

I am! I've felt a huge improvement in my mood and my myoclonus. Not doing the strict version, only a loose version. Just avoiding grain and floor, and big carbo in general. Less than 50g of carbs per day.

Last edited:
Cool! That gives me some impetus to try as my myoclonus has seem to come back a bit. I'd likely do the same, a modified version. How long have you tried it for?

Anyone else get bad reaction to 5 htp during long term comedown? I'm not taking any medication and I took 1 pill before bed last night to try to be relaxed for a school presentation today and until I could fall asleep I just felt really weird like I was about to faint and was shaking uncontrollably. I couldn't even play video games my mind felt like it was in a huge fog. When I woke up in morning I was back to what I have been normally but the anxiety seemed a little less. Does anyone think I should not be taking the 5 http? I mean that low of a dose can't be that dangerous right

Dude, stop taking those asap. They will f you up I promise you. please don't take another pill.

Lol iv only taken 1 pill I'm not going to take it again why do you say that though what happened to you?

It threw me down the rabbit hole. Two week cascade into oblivion and madness. Still recovering from taking it in October.

I can't recall anybody trying keto, but I suppose its worth a try if one is okay with losing some muscle.

Eating 1.5 grams protein per pound of bodyweight will allow you to maintain mass and increase strength while on a keto diet.

http://www.ruled.me/mythbusting-training-on-keto-diet/

Any diet that causes the body to use ketones as energy is ketogenic.

There is a lot of confusion regarding ketosis or ketogenic -- the main misconception is that the body has an all or nothing approach to energy (glucose or ketone bodies).

You can be ketogenic and still be using glucose as fuel, in fact, your body will ALWAYS use some glucose, even if it has to make it from protein.

Ketogenic simply means the body is deriving some amount from ketones.

Last edited by a moderator:
i went on a crazy cke/mdma binge for about 2 months straight and my brain is seriously fked. for the past 4 months every single day without fail Ive had brain fog/head tightness, ringing in one ear (low tone pulsating noise not high pitch), sensitive hearing (hyperacusis), tingling fingers, slow motor skills (cant write very well) ,weakness on one side, even lost vision for a few minutes at some point. to be honest this is scaring the shit out of me cuz i literally have not had one day of peace from this. i wake up with it and i go to sleep with it. been to the er a few times, seen 2 neuros and got a few scans done but nothing. im going for another scan soon. im thinking its gotta be a fkn brain tumor or something. i wouldnt care if i had some good days and bad days or if it was intermittent but this shit is persistent. anybody else going through this?

i went on a crazy cke/mdma binge for about 2 months straight and my brain is seriously fked. for the past 4 months every single day without fail Ive had brain fog/head tightness, ringing in one ear (low tone pulsating noise not high pitch), sensitive hearing (hyperacusis), tingling fingers, slow motor skills (cant write very well) ,weakness on one side, even lost vision for a few minutes at some point. to be honest this is scaring the shit out of me cuz i literally have not had one day of peace from this. i wake up with it and i go to sleep with it. been to the er a few times, seen 2 neuros and got a few scans done but nothing. im going for another scan soon. im thinking its gotta be a fkn brain tumor or something. i wouldnt care if i had some good days and bad days or if it was intermittent but this shit is persistent. anybody else going through this?

EETS NAWT A TOOOMER (in Arnold Schwarzenegger voice)

See if you can get a doc to prescribe some valium -- its mild, long acting, and at moderate doses is easy to taper off.

It is often used to help lessen alcohol withdrawal -- another cause of HPA axis dysregulation (which is what I believe you got from your MDMA binge)

I was under the impression that keto was associated with weight loss and stunted growth in some of the patients (even without an initial fasting period). https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12455855 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12778041 We should remember we're not exactly talking about athletes here when it comes to this thread

But I would indeed recommend more protein in the diet, hence my recommendation of modifying keto more into the Atkins genre.

I was under the impression that keto was associated with weight loss and stunted growth in some of the patients (even without an initial fasting period). https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12455855 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12778041 We should remember we're not exactly talking about athletes here when it comes to this thread

But I would indeed recommend more protein in the diet, hence my recommendation of modifying keto more into the Atkins genre.

Do you even read the abstracts before you link them?? There was no difference between the control groups and keto children except for very young children for the forst six months

citation 1 "The ketogenic diet generally provides sufficient nutrition to maintain growth within normal parameters over a defined period. Very young children grow poorly on the diet and should be followed-up carefully over long periods of use."

citation 2 "Both groups had statistically significant height increases of 2 to 3 cm (P<.05), but did not have significant increases in height/age percentiles."

What I was getting at was that the keto diet is not a perfect diet. If it stunts growth in young children, is associated with weight loss in the first 3 months ("There was a rapid drop in weight z scores in the first 3 months"), I wouldn't go into keto thinking it is nature's perfect diet and has zero risk. I was under the impression that clinicians warned of weight loss. "but did not have significant increases in height/age percentiles." Is the part I was focusing on by the way. "There was a small decrease in height z scores in the first 6 months (<0.5); however, there were larger changes by 2 years."

Yes, its not like they had zero growth, but it wasn't completely normal.

We should remember we're not exactly talking about athletes here when it comes to this thread

We should also remember that these have been called fad diets before, so it may be helpful to keep our ears open to the critics of high fat - low carb diets https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4672014/ http://jap.physiology.org/content/100/1/7.long

Here is a study on non-trained men for example https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1158881/ showing less than benefical outcomes.

But I would indeed recommend more protein in the diet, hence my recommendation of modifying keto more into the Atkins genre. Its just that I would remain skeptic.

Stupidly took ecstasy 3 days straight. Was very confused, thought I was being followed, could hear people's thoughts, paranoid about it The government, thought things were happening for a reason, etc. very worried this stupid mistake over 3 days gave me sever brain damage. Been to the mental institute twice since then. Still don't feel right in the head. Any output would be great.

Hey Young, psychosis is really common from sleep deprivation and anybody can get it and then come back to normal in due time, but it does require paying the sleep debt which is hard with insomnia. People especially get psychosis all the time from staying up too long with amphetamine but it happens with E too.

How are you feeling these days - can you sleep very much?

Status
Not open for further replies.