• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA is evil. Never take it again.

I'm not sure that I can take anyone with "420" in their user name seriously; especially, when they're some sort of elitist attempting to provoke conflict by instructing people what to do with their bodies. You seem awfully concerned about the well-being of others.

xXTOKERXx said:
Raas is jaded leave the poor bugger alone, he made his statement which does warrant some good points.

No. No i'm not jaded. I'm just a recovered drug addict, born again Christian, who's been through shit and now appreciates... life. All the... little things...

...Look, i admire the points you make, but let's face it, it's a Utopic ideal. If a state of indescribable bliss and perfection in love could be reached without drugs, i would be the biggest advocate. It can't - not to the degree you feel on MDMA. If it could, i wouldn't have spent $50, 000 on a drug habit spanning almost 12 years.

This is my point entirely. You are given the precious gift of life - yet have decided to spend the last 12 years munching pills. What a waste? And now look at yourself!

When you die, and God says "Hello Skigs from bluelight. What did you learn from life? What are your golden memories?". You're going to have to say "Er... I spent many good nights on E."

Don't get me wrong - having fun is an important part of life. And yes, a few pills here and there probably won't noticably affect your brain. But you have to balance fun with other things like: Achievement, meaning and things like that.

Here's a list of cool things to do with your life, which don't involve drugs:

Books - There's a lot of them around, chances are a one or two might capture your imagination.

Food - Learn to cook, eat healthily. Show off to someone that you can produce great healthy meals. Olive oil, eggs and potatos... stuff like that is super good for you

Walking/running in the countryside - There's nothing like running in the great outdoors, exploring new routes etc... and you'll feel fantastic.

Buying new clothes - A good appearance always helps

Meeting new people - Not on here. In real life.

Adventures - Travel, explore, meet lot's of people...be yourself... find soul mates

But far too sweeping to hit the spot

I forgot when writing it, lot's of people are going to disagree.

Drugs are not, as some already have pointed out, evil or good. They are neutral.

So are guns and knives and horse radish. But we label them as evil, because by causing harm/distaste they become tools of evil.

I'm not sure that I can take anyone with "420" in their user name seriously; especially, when they're some sort of elitist attempting to provoke conflict by instructing people what to do with their bodies. You seem awfully concerned about the well-being of others.

The name "saar" was taken. (Damn my registration cock-ups), so I had to add something... and it was drug related. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

Not instructing. Directing.

and because i think that anyone who comes here and posts a thread that does nothing but rant and complain, deserves a good assraping.

Really? Grrr... and I only got lot's of posts by people disagreeing.

Last edited:
saar_420 said:
So are guns and knives and horse radish. But we label them as evil, because by causing harm/distaste they become tools of evil.

but when hunting, the gun can bring you food, without which you would starve. the knife can hhelp you builder a shelter, without which you would freeze

and horse radish tastes damn good in wasabe
mmmm suuuushi.

and by your rational, you can never have a good time without MDMA. that makes no sense at all. just because you do something thats fun doesnt mean other things cant be fun.

I think your making several valid points saar. But i totally agree that you've gone for the sweeping generalisation tactic. I have experienced many christians trying to convince you something about your life if wrong and needs to be changed. But the fact of the matter is that everyone is different, you have no idea what each person who visits this site has been through, nor can you accurately speculate on the reasons they use drugs. I personally have no doubt in my mind that previous incidents involving my drug use have been related to my penchant for the self-destructive. I totally agree that drugs can be utilised for many negative causes. However i am confident that my current, controlled use of mdma is benficial to me and others in many ways. I have experienced profound insight into my current and past condition. I have connected with my friends on a much more intimate level, and managed to share many of my bottled up problems with them. I have become far more articulate and clear headed under the influence and enjoyed a much greater appreciation for many of the activities you listed in your follow up post!

My points here are as follows:

You can't generalise, partially based on your own experiences with drugs and what you have learned through becoming a born again Christian. In many respects your probably as dellusional as some of the people who abuse drugs. I have a highly intelligent friend who has steered me in a much more positive direction in recent years, he has many of the answers people are looking for in life. Having said that, i don't take everything he says to be infallible. He has assured me, and has many logical supporting arguments (sorry, can't recall them) that all religions are false. I know your probably just looking for meaning, but the truth is that we can choose what we want to imbue with meaning in life because there is no inherent meaning... So enjoy the freedom! I implore you to wake up. Does every planet in the universe containing life have it's own god? Or does the one god control them all? I cannot convince you that your dellusional, i simply don't have the knowledge. But i will strive to discover it. I'm sure you'll probably argue back that i'm the dellusional one for believing my friend. But aren't we the same, you and me, in that we are both striving to discover that most elusive of realities, the truth!

You can't assume that it is unhealthy to enjoy many of the activities you listed while on drugs used in a controlled and self-constructive manner. You didn't type this, but i have assumed it was implicit. I become a far more involved chef and have enjoyed long walks involving deep conversations with my friends while high.

Drugs are certainly not evil, it's the way we utilise them that can be, based heavily on our past experiences, the way they have affected us and the reasons for which we use them.

I obviously concur that we live in a world full of mental problems, insecurity, conformity etc...We shouldn't be trying to find the answer to these problems in pill form. This is of course not going to be a means to an end, BUT as i stated above, it can be very theraputic and self-constructive for some people. Personally i believe what's most important is that we make significant, positive changes to our lives, not the way that we acheive them. Some people will find drugs, some people won't need them, but more than likely, the people who didn't use them could have made much faster progress with an appropriate, moderated drug. Sure it's temporary and chemical, but that will often not negate it's effectiveness.

I would like to add that i really do believe religion can promote many positive aspects of our humanity. It can make us more loving, caring, happy, friendly, engaged, clear headed etc...the list goes on. But please consider my final point wisely. You can achieve all of this personal growth, possibly to a much greater extent, without religion, without all the lies that it entails. I think both religion and drugs can be used as a form of escapism, to achieve a state of mind that we wouldn't otherwise be able to achieve. Both can provide release from, and answers to our problems, and in their seperate ways, both are fake. You may well have just replaced one form of escapism with another, but i'm not going to assume this because i won't generalise like you so liberally would. Drugs and religion may well both be used to achieve escapism, but due to the drastic differences in their nature, it is very hard to compare them furthur. Suffice to say i use mdma for many positive reasons, escapism is no longer one of them.

I earnestly hope you one day manage to wake up from your dream...

Last edited:
Mdma

saar_420 said:
Sorry if I sounded patronising. But I make my point - we're replacing the values that should come naturally to us, with chemicals. It's wrong.

Man, YOU are replacing those values. I had an incredible experience on MDMA with my closest friends. I would seriously recommend MDMA for any drug user, even if you are just smoking pot and looking to do something different.

saar_420 said:
When you die, and God says "Hello Skigs from bluelight. What did you learn from life? What are your golden memories?". You're going to have to say "Er... I spent many good nights on E."

Don't get me wrong - having fun is an important part of life. And yes, a few pills here and there probably won't noticably affect your brain. But you have to balance fun with other things like: Achievement, meaning and things like that.

Books - There's a lot of them around, chances are a one or two might capture your imagination.

Food - Learn to cook, eat healthily. Show off to someone that you can produce great healthy meals. Olive oil, eggs and potatos... stuff like that is super good for you

Walking/running in the countryside - There's nothing like running in the great outdoors, exploring new routes etc... and you'll feel fantastic.

Adventures - Travel, explore, meet lot's of people...be yourself... find soul mates

But.....just because someone takes pills, doesn't mean they don't already enjoy these and similar things in life, and that if they do they do them while high?

I do most of that stuff regularly. Sober. Love it. I don't see that because people take pills, it means they can't possibly enjoy other things. Things aren't so black and white in my world.

Back in grade 9 we used to pop and look for Fights at the mall . you can fuck ne1 up on e.

Well, if your search for a spiritual meaning to life didnt lead you further than to newborn cristianity, i reckon you have some exploring yet to do. Forget about MDMA being evil. Religion is pure wickedness. What kills more people, MDMA or the catholic churchs ban on condoms? Whats starts more wars/motivates more terrorist attacks, MDMA or religion? Etc.

I much prefer people searching for and finding their own spiritual truths to life, be it drugaided or sober, to poor buggers buying into the fast food version of spirituality that is organised religion.

saar_420 said:
No. No i'm not jaded. I'm just a recovered drug addict, born again Christian, who's been through shit and now appreciates... life. All the... little things...

I enjoy all that (apart from the clothes - my wife does that for me). I love reading, I'm a fantastic chef, love travelling and walking and have quite a few very close friends. I also got a proper job and a family.

Still, I really like MDMA. I'm using very sparingly (once every 4 months or so), but when I do it is absolutely fantastic. I don't go to big parties, it's normaly just my best friend, sometimes another friend, music to groove to, milkdrop on the computer vor the visuals and a few other things to make a great setting.

These evenings are wonderful, I have great talks with my friends and get to dance a bit and afterwards I have great memories. Just like of other things, like a sunrise when you're halfway up a mountain. I'm glad to have tried it, because I feel it added a new kind of experience to my life.

The only problem I have with it is that I know how dangerous it is in terms of getting hooked, as the feeling is just too good. I would say that most people would probably get addicted very easily.
But basically I believe that everyone has to choose his or her path so it is not my job to tell others what the should or shouldn't do. Besides who am I to decide who could responsible handle a drug like that and who couldn't. I think I can and thus the next date for a nice evening among friends is already set (for march =D )

How can you become addicted? The high is only worthwhile if you use the drug in moderation so surely it naturally prevents you from becoming addicted. The noobs who try and drop 6 every week are soon going to realise there is a limit to how far that will take them...and if they don't, they really must be stupid...or rich, lol

A nice gold star for this post. Of course, it is a bit general, and there are undoubtedly many parts of society that have already come to the "free your mind" point, and undoubtedly many individuals within "unenlightened" parts of society that have found this "freedom" by themselves.

Happiness in a pill is a crutch, and I can see it being a dangerous one.

Yes, you should be able to have an AWESOME time with friends; dancing, telling stories, talking truthfully, speaking your mind, being yourself; WITHOUT the use of drugs. That's what a friend is - someone you feel comfortable enough with to do those things. If your "friends" aren't good enough that you can do these things with them, maybe you should find other friends? I dunno, just a suggestion.

Acceptance, generosity, empathy, love, truth, happiness, respect, comraderie(sp), openness - if only these were the basis of the world, we'd be super fly.