• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

MDMA and Shrooms - could I still drive....

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWIMpsy

Greenlighter
Hi,

So I have never done shrooms before and only tried MDMA twice.
A friend and I want to try hippy flip this weekend possibly. We were thinking 1 pill and 1g of shrooms, possibly consume them at the same time? I am not too sure?
Neither of us have tried shrooms before, she has been rolling for significantly longer than I have if it makes any difference.
Perhaps I should consider taking half a pill, 1g shrooms then the other half about an hour or two later? The 1st time I only took half a pill and was in a good place?

The other thing is, I am not too sure what to expect from shrooms. Doesn't seem as if 1g is all that much. Someone mentioned that 2g of shrooms is a good dose for a 1st timer and that 1g with E will just get you buzzing really?
I would imagine it would differ from person to person, my friend is female and small. I am a male and fairly small myself. We are roughly the same height and weight (around 1.63m and around 50KG). I would also need to drive home, I have no issues driving on MDMA although due to the fact that I am unsure as to how the shrooms will affect me?
Also how long would the "trip" or effects of the shrooms last generally?

I guess I am just looking for some basic advice / guidance.

I wouldn't recommend driving on mdma or psilocybin, especially not in combination with each other
1 gram of quality potent mushrooms would be sufficient for a first time trip, you can always eat more if not satisfied, duration of effects would be around 4-6 hours

Please call a taxi or find some place to stay for the night though, I highly suggest you don't operate a vehicle rolling/tripping
It's not worth hurting yourself or endangering someone else

Hmm, alright. Noted on the not driving while rolling or tripping.

Doesn't seem as if I will be able to source any so will just be rolling, a friend of mine recommended I first try shrooms by itself and do so during the day before combining.
Perhaps that is the smarter things to do.

I have heard some people end up throwing up after ingesting shrooms, is that a common occurrence?

Indeed, never combine drugs the first time you try them and don't drive while tripping or rolling etc!

Yes some people throw up from mushrooms, but I think the chance is reduced if you avoid exposing your sober stomach to the hard to digest mushroom tissue. Fresh mushrooms should be better to handle, making mushroom tea also, or if you eat dry mushrooms chew on them for 10-15 minutes until they are complete pulp. Helps the chemicals get absorbed and the stomach to digest further.

Even if you would take the pure chemicals present in the mushrooms, a small number of people just get sick anyway.

Though you've already said you won't drive, I want to reinforce the point for anyone reading this who might be wondering the same thing. Should you drive on a substance named after the phenomenon of altering your perception (hallucinogen)? You guys figure it out.

Shrooms tend to last six hours. Hippy flipping makes the effects of both more powerful. Happy venturing, but yes, definitely call a cab.

Also for the benefit of readers, you absolutely should not attempt to drive while tripping or rolling or high on almost any drug. Doing so is very dangerous and puts you at the risk of severely injuring or killing yourself and others.

Driving while intoxicated on mushrooms and MDMA. Good call. Hope it's not one of my family members you slaughter.

I'll just add to the "No"s lol

Driving while intoxicated is incredibly stupid. Enjoy your trip where you can relax and not worry about getting home, or going places during the experience.

a big fat no. I doubt you'd be able to even gauge where the damn peddle was.

And I'd hate to be in that car or anywhere within a few miles away from it either

I had a good experience with a combination of PCP and shrooms, back when PCP was widely available (sold as "THC" pills). It was actually the most pleasant shroom trip I ever had, no nausea at all. I guess since the OP couldn't source any shrooms he'll just be on the Molly. Less of a driving hazard than shrooms but still inadvisable of course. Driving on shrooms is rough because the road keeps morphing around and the other cars have funny faces. Very distracting. I've never actually done that, just imagining.

I've driven while high on psilocybin and it was one of the most terrifying and irresponsible things I've ever done on drugs.

I've only driven while peaking on a hallucinogen once. Everything turned out alright, but it is not an experience I ever plan on repeating.

its doable to drive on mdma and hallucinogens BUT it massively depends on whether the peak of either has passed, the dose and individual skill as a driver/ability to handle psychdelics. its definitely a bad idea but i've been in a car with one of my friends while he has driven on quite a few different drugs (mdma/speed/cocaine/2cb) and i trust his judgement that he would not drive if he was fucked.

its against the law EVERYWHERE and its just like drinking and driving- some people can handle their alcohol and some cant BUT you can never tell what other road users will throw at you or bad luck due to weather or just your tyre blows while your doing 50mph.

avoid this situation

Last edited:
This is a harm reduction forum and the advice given here seems clear enough.

Please create another thread if you have other questions or things to discuss, but always first use the links below in my signature: the FAQ, Index and search engine will show you countless threads that are already running on various topics.

closed

Status
Not open for further replies.