• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

MDEA/110mg, - Experienced - Eve, we meet again. But where's Molly?

MrSpeedyG

Bluelighter
Allright fellas I thought I would post up a trip report on MDEA seeing as there is not a lot as it is quite a rare MDxx derivative that not a lot of people have or will come across. I haven't rolled for 14 months previous so tolerance was near zero, unfortunately I didn't keep a log whilst rolling (started too but couldn't be stuffed whilst rolling lol) however I remember the whole night quite vividly. The title of the thread sums it up to a T, I was expecting MDMA but got MDEA again lol.

Anyway, on to the trip report! Long story short after not rolling over a year I had thought I lost the magic if I can't roll on a dutch pill (these were lab confirmed dutch presses at aprox. 150mg MDEA (but we thought were ~200mg MDMA) and reagent tested them positive for MDMA/MDEA), until I realised it was actually MDEA! Keep in mind the only way to know if you have MDEA over MDMA is via a lab test as reagents can not discern the two, or unless you have someone who knows the feeling between MDMA and MDEA... It would be quite easy to think you have lost the magic if you ended up with MDEA thinking it was MDMA as that's what was going through my head until I realised. To sum up, think of MDEA as a more stoning/munting more fucked up but less to little euphoria/empathy and less to none mystical feeling AKA magic. Adding a low dose of amp maybe even caffeine, I'm talking real low to give that dopamine push to it is needed with MDEA unless you plan to be on your ass.

Set/Setting: At a music festival, with close friends and girls.

T + 0:00 (5:00pm)
In music festival, meeting up with mates. Drop a quarter of my roll, which would have been about ~40mg. Just chilling around on the grass with my close mate and his girlfriend, her friend was third wheeling so me and her ended up getting together/talking. She was also rolling. Everyone around me is just rolling, we seem to have very, very shitty pills in our area, most low dose MDxx+Methamp and it's only getting worse (when someone with no tolerance is dropping 8 pills and they are not entirely fucked but still rolling/speeding, well...).

T + 1:00 (6:00pm)
Dancing around, waiting for the comeup. I start noticing little signs, I am defiantly not sober but I am not far from it sort of thing. It's like a mild rolling feeling on and off but super subtle, apparently my pupils were begging to dilate also. Dropped another half, so would have been upto around ~80mg now.

T + 1:30 (6:30pm)
I am definitely starting to come up, I just know it. I look at my chick friend and say "OMG it's finally here it's comming, this is going to fuck my shit up I just know it!" whilst laughing lol. The come up was not intense, but I knew it was coming sort of thing.

T + 1:45 (6:45pm)
Starting to roll and can feel it rising. It's a wavy feeling different to MDMA as if it's quite mild and the rolling/waves are more smoother on and off without an rushes. At this point I can feel my field of vision starting widen and become a lot clearer.

T + 2:00 (7:00pm)
Dropped another ~30mg or so and starting to peak at this point. I am definitely rolling now but I am starting to question if I have lost the magic because it doesn't feel as intense as I was expecting (keep in mind I am expecting a decent hit of MDMA) the powerful euphoria and empathy just wasn't there, rather I was just fucked in a good way.

T + 7:30pm
At the peak now, completely floored with my chick friend who is also floored. Pupils are fully blown dilated. I realise that this is MDEA not MDMA and it all makes complete sense. I realise no I haven't lost the magic and it is exactly like the time I had MDEA previously. I am quite floored/peaking, but it isn't intense, it's more of a mellow/stoned munted out feeling, I feel good, but not insane, just pretty good and chilled. Field of vision is completely widened and vivid at this point. Music enhancement (the one biggest thing I love about MDMA just isn't there, none the less it is there just not that strong but this aspect gets much stronger after the peak from some reason along with more energy). Just sitting there with friend cuddling/giving massages sort of thing, few kisses. It felt great, but I didn't feel like it was pushing any empathy. However I did start to like this girl, but on my own accord not so much from the MD at all. Also, nystagmus was mild. No eye rolling to the back of the head feeling though.

T + 8:00pm
I am over the peak, and just plateau as has my friend, so we both decide to get up and go for a walk. We quickly realise that maybe we weren't as floored as we think we were and that getting up and moving made us feel a lot better. I felt light, clear headed and super focussed and smooth. I was crisp to some it up in one word. Now at this point, my friend goes to me I really want food. I was stunned. Food+MDMA?

T + 8:15pm
Believe it or not, I am now sitting down with my friend eating hot chips whilst peaking on MDEA. I am used to eating every 2 hours as I bodybuild however in the past MDxx usually kills any appetite but not this time. My friend say just have some you will feel better and I agree thinking yeah makes sense after not eating for a couple of hours. Mouth was dry, but the chips tasted great (I know, I don't even) and went down with a little water. I didn't have a lot though. This whole eating while peaking thing tripped me out. I had a bit of a quick search online and some people say they can eat on pure MDMA... One guy said he and a friend ate a whole pizza while rolling.

T + 8:30pm
I am still at this nice plateau, even without an decent euphoria (I would call it a competely, fresh, confident, clear-headed as fuck low dose amp euphoria with no rush, pushiness or fiend to the euphoria) having a great time with my new chick friend. The empathy isn't that strong, but I find myself really getting into this chick on my own accord not because the MDXX is pushing it, infact I don't think it really did much in that sense like MDMA would have. Everything is still crystal clear and fresh, I feel like I have a bit more energy which I can only attribute to the peak finishing and the food (simple carbs on an empty stomach) so we go to dance with our friends on the main stage for the rest of the night and I have a decent energy, music sounds pretty good but not like it does on MDMA or Amps, still good though and better than baseline normal but that emotional connection just isn't there like it should be. Also kissing and cuddling with new chick friend wasn't as connected as it was on MDMA in the sense of I didn't feel the MDEA pushing that rather I liked her on my own accord because I liked her before I even started rolling... I know many will say it was the MDEA but it simply wasn't entirely, however yeah it definitely would have helped get the ball rolling... We plan to get some MDMA (not MDEA) and roll just the two of us. I still had a great time though which is all the matters, set and setting played a role as it does which was great. I farewelled my new friend and her friend and went back to a mates and smoked up. At this point the roll had pretty much ended and I was left with a solid after glow which I still have now (the next morning), I just feel quite happy, blissful and smoked some more which really helped enhance that afterglow. No comedown, just the way it should be. I don't feel fucked either.

All in all, MDEA isn't that bad but if your expecting MDMA you may be a little disappointed. IIRC, MDEA doesn't cause as much dopamine/norepinephrine release and leans a lot towards more serotonin release... Similiar to MDAI pure serotonin release isn't very euphoric without any DA/NA. Like I mentioned earlier, combing MDEA with a classical stim would help bring it closer to MDMA. I also doubt there would be much oxytocin release with MDEA, less vasopressin release as I could still piss, but it wasn't much and I did piss a lot more when it started to fade so I would say it is there. I have previously mixed amps with MDEA before and it does feel a lot more like MDMA in terms of the euphoria but the love won't be there... I'm curious to know about the neurotoxicity of MDEA, I don't think it would be anywhere on par with MDMA due to the far reduced dopamine release. Might I also add, I was quite warm, but not fried sort of warm like usually happens with MDMA. Tactile sensation and warm as well as psycedelic effects were minor and nothing like MDMA leading me to believe it may be a weak or nill direct 5HT agonist (talking 5HTA, 5HT2A and 5HT2B receptors) which may mean reduced cardiotoxicity as well. A lot of people seem to think it's all serotonin when it comes to MDxx but dopamine plays a role in the hyperthermic sides as well as the euphoria in synergy with serotonin. I feel pretty glowy and refreshed and will report how long this after glow lasts, music sounds quite good still, I don't feel a lot of love but I do feel like I have a little better outlook on life. I did some thinking on it while at the peak just looking back on problems, went back and accepted that my ex is completely gone, just to finalise that last tiny little bit of hope, but in terms of a therapeutic effect of MDEA, it is there, but not as useful/powerful as MDMA in my experience.

I have been through my stint in 2012 with MDMA (combined with amp a lot of times) (which caught up with me and gave me a 5 month, with the first 3 being quite horrible, comedown so I now respect it and never combine it or plan to combine it with amp) and a fair bit of MDEA sometimes mixed in with a bit of amp. I am not stranger to it MDEA, for all you doubters it is definitely around and is best done in combo with a little dose of amp (I know this is contradictory to what I said before, but MDEA is the only MDxx I would add amp too and a very low dose, I'm talking 5-10mg at the absolute maximum (with someone with no tolerance) as it lacks dopamine as it is... Adding a dopamine releaser with a serotonin releaser increases neurotoxicity) or caffeine IMO as it lacks that euphoric push. It won't help the empathy though, that's something that is special to MDMA and even MDA.

Again, reagent tests can not discern MDMA and MDEA from each other, you need to get them sended to a lab to confirm it unless you know exactly what you're looking for... A little bit of amp will throw it all off and make it much closer to MDMA just without much empathy.

I definitely think MDEA would make for a good substitute to MDMA on one of those nights where you want to go out, but don't want to get completely mashed but still want to be on a decent level...as MDMA you can sleep no problems on MDEA. The high isn't as strong and doesn't get all psychedelic towards the end as MDMA does. Like I said, I seriously doubt MDEA has much neurotoxicity based on the way the high felt with that lack of stimulation and the fact that it is considered to be less of a dopamine releaser like MDMA. I was considering redosing once more because of how clean it feels but I'm not pushing my luck with MDxx again... I would have expected it to start feeling a little more speedy and more energetic is I was to redose as you can expect.

To be completely honest, I am considering sticking to MDEA from now when I roll or a half combo MDMA/MDEA just because it feels so much cleaner and seems to be less toxicity due to the lack of dopamine release. I don't mind it as a sub to MDMA although if you want love or a therapeutic roll, you can't compare MDEA to MDMA ;) Maybe next time I might add some caffeine to it though, but I still enjoyed it, not as much as MDMA but still, very much and had a great time and well-worth the fact that is is less neurotoxic (a major factor to be considering in my eyes).

Also here is a study proving MDEA is less neurotoxic than MDMA mg for mg for some further reading The acute effect in rats of 3,4-methylenedioxyethamphetamine (MDEA, "eve") on body temperature and long term degeneration of 5-HT neurones in brain: a comparison with MDMA ("ecstasy").

Last edited:
high dose mdea makes you think that one person is someone else. it seems to affect facial recognition massively.

overall an unsatisfying drug with a much less shitty comedwon than mdma. its like mdma minus the magic, much more sedating and short acting in terms of rush

I never noticed that to be honest.

But yes, unsatisfying fits it. Again I didn't mind it and bitching than it isn't MDMA would wreck the roll. Yep, MDMA minus the magic and empathy pretty much sums it up well.

Ha I thought I was the only one nutters enough to dose MDEA that high! It is interesting stuff, but was ultimately a letdown after all the labor that went into procuring ethylamine...but yeah, high high doses are strangely delirious and sedating....weird stuff!

yeah, MDEA is indeed weird stuff. whenever i dose high on MDEA it feels like watching tv when my eyes are closed. not CEV's in the psychedelic fashion at all, it's like watching a show that makes no sense and you're too stoned-feeling to care about it making sense or not. good trip report, you captured the essence of MDEA which is neat if you're in the mood for it i suppose. it's certainly better than nothing lol. i def agree with the weird delirious open-eye visuals on high doses too, closed-eye is just as random and delirium-induced.

Lots of serotonin release, means raised levels of melatonin,

Lots of THC, means raised levels of melatonoin.

Definitely where it gets the stoning quality.

Just to add, I didn't get any CEV this time around albeit I wasn't really looking for them nor do I remember, but when I have previously had MDEA, probably 300mg total and we were pretty fucked I remember vivid, cartoon like CEVs that made no sense yet were so cool.

I definitely see myself in the mood where I would want to dose MDEA at home over MDMA... MDMA I'd rather save for special occasions and with my girl (this will be happening soon so will post a trip report of this) mainly due to the tolerance build up and far reduced neurotoxicity, mind fuck and ability to redose with next to or no comedown. MDEA would be a little more forgiving due to that which I can give from experience too. That doesn't mean go abuse it though...

I definitely see myself in the mood where I would want to dose MDEA at home over MDMA... MDMA I'd rather save for special occasions and with my girl (this will be happening soon so will post a trip report of this) mainly due to the tolerance build up and far reduced neurotoxicity, mind fuck and ability to redose with next to or no comedown. MDEA would be a little more forgiving due to that which I can give from experience too. That doesn't mean go abuse it though...

yeah i agree with you 100% on everything you said. MDMA is great for special occasions, making them even more special. MDEA is definitely its own animal altogether. i have an analogy i use for MDEA that it's like Godfather 3. it seems disappointing compared to the first 2 Godfathers (aka MDA and MDMA) but if you don't dwell on the name and expectations, it really is a unique one when you don't attach the Godfather 1&2 (aka MDA/MDMA) expectations to it.

Yep, if you happen to get MDEA don't spend the whole trip complaining about it, rather go with the flow and enjoy it...

Just a little side note before I had ever tried weed I honestly thought that weed would be exactly like MDEA to a tee... If only!