• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Maximum daily dose of tramadol

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue comet

Bluelighter
For the past few days I've been taking tramadol 100mg ER in the morning and 200mg IR in the evening.

What is the maximum daily dose of tramadol? I know going too high can cause seizures.

^ 300
There's even been a report of a woman seizing from only 250mg, I'd say don't go over 300

Yeah 300mg is the number, but other nasty side effects can occur at lower doses.

Tramadol never affects me even at high doses but yeah about 300mg

300. But can be lower when combined with certain other drugs so always double check that ish on rxlist

^ 300
There's even been a report of a woman seizing from only 250mg, I'd say don't go over 300

It's 400mg
Everyone is different that person may have had a seizure from 250mg but the next could reach 600mg and still not seize up.

Let's agree that since we are a harm reduction site, we split the difference and keep it as low as is effective.

All of our chemical make ups are different.

Afa the ER in the a.m. and IR at night, half life would be my extra thought, when dosing.

You should also be wary of CYP2D6 inhibitors.
CYP2D6 is the liver enzyme that converts Tramadol to O-Desmethyl-Tramadol, the latter being its active metabolite which acts as a stronger opioid but has less of an effect on the serotonin transporter. Several antidepressants (like Fluoxetine or Duloxetine) act as inhibitors of this enzyme, so taking these with Tramadol exponentially increases the risk of a seizure since you've already got a higher baseline serotonin level from your antidepressant, *and* you're potentiating Tramadol's own SNRI activity.

I would also wager that the risk very much depends on how your doses are distributed throughout the day. Taking 6x50 mg IR at regular intervals (thus giving your liver time to metabolize the Tramadol) should be far less risky than taking 300mg IR all at once.

Thanks everyone.

I'm trying to taper off tramadol but have been having issues due to the high tolerance I developed very quickly over the past two months.

I have some norco 5/325 pills at my disposal. Would using those help with a tramadol taper?

^ They will help with the opioid wd symptoms you'll get once you jump off tramadol completely, however they could muck up your taper and they won't help you as far as ssri components of tramadol are concerned.

You should also be wary of CYP2D6 inhibitors.
CYP2D6 is the liver enzyme that converts Tramadol to O-Desmethyl-Tramadol, the latter being its active metabolite which acts as a stronger opioid but has less of an effect on the serotonin transporter. Several antidepressants (like Fluoxetine or Duloxetine) act as inhibitors of this enzyme, so taking these with Tramadol exponentially increases the risk of a seizure since you've already got a higher baseline serotonin level from your antidepressant, *and* you're potentiating Tramadol's own SNRI activity.

I would also wager that the risk very much depends on how your doses are distributed throughout the day. Taking 6x50 mg IR at regular intervals (thus giving your liver time to metabolize the Tramadol) should be far less risky than taking 300mg IR all at once.
Actually the main reason I got off paxil was becaus it was a potent cyp2d6 inhibitor I could not feel a thing it blocked most of my drugs wtf...

I have a high tolerance and generally start with ten 50mg. I have taken up to 40 in a day and have had two grand mal seizures within 6 months of each other last year. Although this can be a very fun drug your tolerance will build quickly and if you're like packman you will continue to gobble them every half hour. Yes, I know, stupid. Needless to say I don't fuck with the shit much anymore and if/when i do I'm sure to have a benny or two for the ride. I think back in the day I first started with 5 and that was a nice buzz. Be careful!!

^^This. Fuk Tramadol. Sorry, but unless your a pro or very responsable, get off this shit. If you have no choice, dial your dose down and don't abuse.
Kratom is schedule 1, but this shit is legal.

I have a high tolerance and generally start with ten 50mg. I have taken up to 40 in a day and have had two grand mal seizures within 6 months of each other last year.

This is an unGodly number! In no way should anyone that is reading this even Consider taking this kind of dose! Tolerance or not!

Thanks everyone.

I'm trying to taper off tramadol but have been having issues due to the high tolerance I developed very quickly over the past two months.

You're welcome.

Answered. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.